BLdw
+27|5170|M104 "Sombrero"

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Should be legal?
Meant that what guns you think should be legalized for an open carry without the fear (you mention (below)) of getting busted by police for some silly technicalities.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Whats nice about good gun laws is that good people that are trying to do right don't get "busted" by police for some silly technicality. The concealed weapon without a permit is going to solve an issue that many have not liked for awhile. If you're in a vehicle and the officer considered it concealed he can charge you with it, even if you say it wasn't concealed. Or lets say I have a permit and my wife doesn't. If the pistol is between the seats he can say she had access and charge her with carrying a concealed weapon. With the new law, it doesn't matter, concealed is legal.

I don't think local, state or federal government should restrict carrying firearms and that includes rifles.
I am somewhat interested if you agree that someone should be eligible to attach .50 cal on the roof of their pickup just because he might want to, or whether you think it's OK for someone to carry M72-LAW while playing with his/her kids around in the busy neighbourhood.

But I agree with you that it's good to have good (gun) laws in the first place to clear out the confusion and possibly preventing shit from happening.

krazed wrote:

besides, it's a rifle... not an assault rifle

unless it has a select fire switch that goes to more than safe or single
Hmm, interesting. The fallacy of my logic here is the point I thought if someone would be carrying an assault rifle (gun that's designed to be an assault rifle in the first place, for example M4) because of the possibility to select fire modes and to have access to faster fire mode than what is possible with pistols.

(Also, avoid very dull comments like, "a firearm is way different than bazooka man, lol, lul". I know it already. I am not asking for comparison here.)
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388

Jaekus wrote:

I live in Australia and I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a place where everyone carried guns because they're worried that some lunatic is going to pull one on you.

It's happened here of course (Like the Port Arthur Massacre) but it's so rare to warrant carrying guns around.

I dunno, the whole concept here in our society just seems unnatural.
It's almost like we live in two different worlds. The option to carry a gun is common here and always has been. Sadly, you don't see a whole lot of people carrying, most don't and many that do carry concealed. It's not because we're all scared of lunatics, but they are out there and you only have yourself to blame for not being prepared. I believe dangerous dogs are just as much a good reason to carry firearms as dangerous people. The threats are out there, whether or when they come for you cannot be known in advance. I don't live in fear and don't leave the house everyday thinking I'll be attacked. What I fear is having the option to possibly change the outcome of a life threatening situation and not have a firearm to do it and having to live with it. I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.... or worse yet, being one of the six because I let a lunatic control the situation without resistance. I believe we'd all be worse off if we let criminals operate unchallenged. The police cannot be everywhere they need to be and depending on someone else to come to your rescue should the time come will most likely leave you dead or disappointed.

Carrying a gun becomes second nature.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2010-04-23 08:24:10)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

The funny part? Guns were, and still are very common in Australia. Just not assault rifles, hand guns, machine guns or sub machine guns etc. etc.

Of the 12 or so houses on my road, I'd guess at around half having at least one rifle or shotgun in the house.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
It makes sense, and I do understand the reasons a little better now. I guess in my part of the world if you own a gun you're more likely a farmer, or an enthusiast (ie. sport). The whole concept of carrying a firearm as protection in this society would be seen as being totally over the top. It's just unnecessary. If one of my mates told me he carried a gun for protection I'd have to wonder what kind of activities he's been caught up in to warrant such an extreme move.

I dunno, shit happens everywhere but I guess our history is a lot different and therefore our society as it is today is on some levels very similar, and others very different to the US.
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
And like Flecco said, guns are fairly common in Aus, but I think largely for different reasons.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388

Flecco wrote:

The funny part? Guns were, and still are very common in Australia. Just not assault rifles, hand guns, machine guns or sub machine guns etc. etc.

Of the 12 or so houses on my road, I'd guess at around half having at least one rifle or shotgun in the house.
We're talking about carrying firearms in public, not having them in your house. Other than being safe and responsible it's quite different.

Flecco, Do you shoot?

BTW: If you guys have firearms share some pics with us:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4931&p=1

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2010-04-23 08:37:04)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US

Flecco wrote:

Well, in the US, there are only about 200K legal machine guns (that is anything that can fire more than one round per trigger pull, so assault rifles, subs, MGs, etc).  Those are classified as Title II firearms under our National Firearms Act of 1934, and are heavily restricted.  Figure about 6 months for paperwork and $15,000 if you want to buy an old M-16.
13rin
+977|6478
My next carry?
https://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/microeaglesteetad.gif
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2010-04-27 01:07:03)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

Jaekus wrote:

And like Flecco said, guns are fairly common in Aus, but I think largely for different reasons.
According to recent firearms data from the AIC, there are currently about 2.5 million registered firearms in Australia belonging to 731 567 individual licence holders.
Maybe in the country, I only know of 3 people who own a gun, and one of those lives on a farm.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

DrunkFace wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

According to recent firearms data from the AIC, there are currently about 2.5 million registered firearms in Australia belonging to 731 567 individual licence holders.
Maybe in the country, I only know of 3 people who own a gun, and one of those lives on a farm.
Yeah most guns are in the country side... I don't think you can get a gun in the city =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

Cybargs wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah most guns are in the country side... I don't think you can get a gun in the city =/
Sure you can.
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Christbane wrote:

he knew full well it was going to start something thats why he had the camera. and he was being a dick   not a total ass or anything but he could have just complied when the officer asked to inspect his gun as the officer was being really cool about it.   he is causing many headaches for local law enforcement dealing with worried citizens so he could back off a little on the rights stuff when the cop is clearly being cool about it and just wanting to make sure he was following the law 100%.
well said
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

DrunkFace wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Sure you can.
Yeah.
See, I know this guy, but I can't tell you his name...

j/k

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard