Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6686|West Yorkshire, U.K
Ark. officer Tasers girl who resisted bedtime shower

Last week a 10-year-old Arkansas girl who refused to shower before bedtime and threw a fit was zapped with a police Taser after her mother gave the officer permission. The girl was then handcuffed and taken to a youth shelter, accused of disorderly conduct. She apparently was not injured.

Today, the mayor of tiny Ozark called on the state police or the FBI to investigate whether the electronic weapon should have been used on someone so young, the Associated Press reports.

"People here feel like that he made a mistake in using a Taser, and maybe he did, but we will not know until we get an impartial investigation," said Mayor Vernon McDaniel.

The state police declined, saying it only investigates criminal, not policy, matters. The FBI also demurred.

Police Chief Jim Noggle said no disciplinary action was taken against Officer Dustin Bradshaw for the Nov. 11 incident. He said Tasers can safely subdue people who are a danger to themselves or others.

"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child — just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," Noggle said, adding that she was zapped for "less than a second."

He explained that had the officer tried to forcefully handcuff the girl he could have broken one of her arms or legs.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that his daughter has emotional problems, but that she didn't have a weapon and shouldn't have been Tasered.

"My daughter does not deserve to be tased and be treated like an animal," said Medlock, who is divorced from the girl's mother and does not have custody.

Keep reading for the details from the police report, which blacked out the identifies of the girl and her mother. Then it's your turn to start kicking and screaming about this.

(Posted by Michael Winter)

According to Bradshaw's report, police were called to a home because of a domestic disturbance. When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, "screaming, kicking and resisting every time her mother tried to touch her." Her mother told the officer he could "tase her" if needed, and they then carried the girl into the shower. The girl continued to defy her mother's orders.

"At this point I decided that there was not going to be a peaceful resolution to the issue," Bradshaw wrote. "I moved her into the living room and told her she was going to jail. She continued kicking and crying and I began to try to place her under arrest. She was jerking her arms away from me violently while I was trying to cuff her and thrashing about wildly.

"While she was violently kicking and verbally combative, [the girl] struck me with her legs and feet in the groin. The subject was actively resisting arrest at this time. I was having a difficult time placing the cuffs on her and administered a very very brief drive stun to her back with my taser. She immediately stopped resisting and was placed into handcuffs. She would not walk on her own and I had to carry her to my police car."
Source
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Teach her to be a dirty, dirty girl.

But yeah, shower frequently and there'll be no problems.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6447|Amsterdam‫
wtf, fail parents tbh
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX
So are you wanting us to make fun of this or debate this?
Benzin
+576|6000
Come on, ARRESTING a 10 year old? OMG. Teach the mother some parenting and the child some bloody discipline. Great ... should be interesting talking about this with my Austrian friends tomorrow.

Iconic Irony wrote:

who gives a shit? either way it's pointless and everyone here knows what it will end up like...

Last edited by CapnNismo (2009-11-19 10:52:39)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

Iconic Irony wrote:

I hate you.
jord
When a lad in Basic didn't shower he got dragged by 5 guys in NBC masks and nothing else to a freezing bath and scrubbed with Wire brushes.

He didn't go to he media...

(just for some perspective)
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
zap them both
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX

Kurazoo wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

I hate you.
https://alanisgood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/1236664538680-300x273.jpg
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
Its ridiculous, there are ways and means of helping disturbed children. Take Super nanny for example.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England

jord wrote:

When a lad in Basic didn't shower he got dragged by 5 guys in NBC masks and nothing else to a freezing bath and scrubbed with Wire brushes.

When my Dad was in the military, a guy in his dorm gave them all scabies because he was so filthy. They beat him unconscious then put him under a shower.
jord

Kurazoo wrote:

Its ridiculous, there are ways and means of helping disturbed children. Take Super nanny for example.
She's way better than Jeremy Kyle/Judge Judy/Sally/Other annoying TV reality type of shitty show.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX

Kurazoo wrote:

Or a studded belt.  Or starvation.  Or prostitution.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Stupid mother let her daughter get tazed. Oh well, there are stupid people in this world. Mother should learn to spank the child, not a policeman to taze her.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
jord

JakAttaK wrote:

jord wrote:

When my Dad was in the military, a guy in his dorm gave them all scabies because he was so filthy. They beat him unconscious then put him under a shower.
I'd karma you but I already karma'd you with a misspelling of the word "scared".

wat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

I bet she'll be waiting in line for that shower now
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mikkel
+383|6602
That guy must feel real manly subjecting a ten year old girl to dangerous bodily harm because he couldn't subdue her. I love the implications here. Treat the insubordinate like cattle! Beat the unruly masses!

These people have really lost the plot.
Benzin
+576|6000

War Man wrote:

Stupid mother let her daughter get tazed. Oh well, there are stupid people in this world. Mother should learn to spank the child, not a policeman to taze her.
what's worse is that the policeman made final judgment to use the taser...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

I'm shocked at this story.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6190|Canada

Macbeth wrote:

I'm pretty sure she is too.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
Here's an update.

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/nov/19/ … r-girl-10/

The officer was suspended.  For not having the video camera attached...not for tasering a 10 year old.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
this is EE right?

so then I say:

pwnt
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

Macbeth wrote:

"What a shocking thing to do to a 10-year old"

tbh
Benzin
+576|6000

Pug wrote:

Here's an update.

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/nov/19/ … r-girl-10/

The officer was suspended.  For not having the video camera attached...not for tasering a 10 year old.
sick
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6274
Lesson learned, kids.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard