Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Thank god for FAFSA. Us poor people stiff the government(aka tax payers) with our tution. I'm sure most of you are happy knowing we also get a $2k check every 5 months to spend on "certain necessities." That 42 inch samsung was definitely needed!
Bastard. I made a mistake on my app and wound up getting screwed.
lol, what kind of mistake? You're suppose to fill it out so that it looks like you're financially strapped and really need the money.
They background check it though right? I filled out mine honestly and didn't get shit.

Don't fucking tell me you can lie on those and get free money since they don't check it out.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5708

cowami wrote:

FAFSA's for the poor

i lurve having mommy/daddy scholarship
I'm working on getting the same scholarship that paid for my Aunt's tuition at NYU.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5708

Macbeth wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Bastard. I made a mistake on my app and wound up getting screwed.
lol, what kind of mistake? You're suppose to fill it out so that it looks like you're financially strapped and really need the money.
They background check it though right? I filled out mine honestly and didn't get shit.

Don't fucking tell me you can lie on those and get free money since they don't check it out.
They do. For the most part its about how much your parents/the one who pays the bills where you live makes. And that is verified through tax papers. The application is just a small(but necessary) step in the whole process.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6299|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

13/f/taiwan wrote:

cowami wrote:

FAFSA's for the poor

i lurve having mommy/daddy scholarship
I'm working on getting the same scholarship that paid for my Aunt's tuition at NYU.
of course you choose the most expensive school in the city

the cost of NYU makes me almost proud to be a riddle student
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

I'm just rich enough to not get FAFSA but I'm not rich enough to get spoiled on new cars, electronics, etc.
only about 10% have the privilege of attending a university. ...should be thankful.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6299|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm just rich enough to not get FAFSA but I'm not rich enough to get spoiled on new cars, electronics, etc.
high five, join the club

's okay, once i get into aerospace, that ferrari F430 shall be mine
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

All I want's a goddamn PlayStation

PS3 that is,
My PStwo is still alive and kicking.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-11-18 20:38:58)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5708

mtb0minime wrote:

All I want's a goddamn PlayStation

PS3 that is,
My PStwo is still alive and kicking.
http://www.jjgames.com/system/ps1/23
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Ooh, and I've still got one of those PSone's too. Even have a screen for it. Take it on road trips all the time
BVC
+325|6704
Protesting a Bachelor/Master system?  Can't see the problem.  Protesting against tuition fees OTOH..

The uni I attended has a Bachelor/Master/Doctorate system (with some extras), has done for years - nobody bats an eyelid.  If you want a better degree or more chance of a job upon graduating, you work harder, its that simple.  I got my Bsc (3 year degree), and buggered off after that.  Had enough, plus 1 year's experience in IT is more valuable than an extra years study at that level.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-11-19 04:24:02)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

Pubic wrote:

Protesting a Bachelor/Master system?  I bet its only the bad students that are protesting - the good ones will still be studying.

The uni I attended has a Bachelor/Master/Doctorate system (with some extras), has done for years - nobody bats an eyelid.  If you want a better degree or more chance of a job upon graduating, you work harder, its that simple.
Same here.. for like.. ever? My dad has a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from like 30 years ago...

Since it's too hot here to be bothered with doing anything (like going to wikipedia), wtf do they have in euroland?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Let's see...already payed the fees. Now "protesting". So...not getting return on the money already paid. Schools not having to expend resources.

Sounds like the schools are coming out ahead and the students are screwing themselves.

Probably shouldn't have gone on strike during ECON 101.

I bet that lack of goods and services those students aren't providing is going to hit Europe right where it hur...oh wait.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

I haven't heard of any protest. So "Students on strike in Europe" is far from exact information. It's like saying that the Mediterranan has suffered an ecological disaster when an Italian fisherman throws that set of plastic rings of a sixpack in the water.
I need around tree fiddy.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
The closest I've heard to any of this is:

https://i50.tinypic.com/168wf9z.jpg
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

I find it ironic that there is a misspelling and improper punctuation in that note. Probably not an English major, I'm guessing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
Where?

Oh, "debaccle".

meh
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

liquidat0r wrote:

Where?

Oh, "debaccle".

meh
and "lot's"
― Albert Einstein

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
Fortunately, 99% of the people reading that fb message won't care about minor errors such as those.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6116|Birmingham, UK
"do not let you're views go unheard"?

what a disgrace
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

liquidat0r wrote:

Fortunately, 99% of the people reading that fb message won't care about minor errors such as those.
They're probably on strike in their Engrish crasses.
― Albert Einstein

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England
Instead of speculating, how about we all ignore the thread until the OP decides to show back up and explain himself?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

You can actually take a masters degree in striking in France ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

Varegg wrote:

You can actually take a masters degree in striking in France ...
Does it come with a minor in the proper way to kidnap your boss?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

LOL students on strike

protip: you have to be worth something to strike. If anything it's a boycott.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard