Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

loubot wrote:

Ask yourself is this the beginning or end. Where will this stop. Judging the city council logic. the next thing would be banning is spaying and neutering and who knows where it will end. True cat lovers do not believe in de-clawing and this new ordinance is really frivilous.
except they wouldn't ban spaying or neutering because those operations are done under anesthetic and do not harm the animal. Not to mention every single animal rights group (maybe not the Animal Liberation Front but they're a terrorist organization) supports spaying and neutering your animals unless you're a breeder. It prevents your dog from mindlessly fucking other dogs (they don't have to worry about child support and things like that) and having a bunch of stray animals on the streets.

Declawing is just cruel plain and simple. You shouldn't get a cat if you aren't comfortable with the possibility of getting a light scratch (honestly, unless your cat has a brain disease it won't randomly lash out at you). Same with removing a dog's voice box.
That's an actual procedure that people pay to have done? Wtf!? Just put the dog down.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
Yes, it's an actual procedure. I'm pretty sure the majority of veterinarians don't do them, but where there's money there's someone who'll do it.

Frankly anyone convicted of animal abuse should not be allowed to have kids. If people find a dog's bark annoying and go to extreme measures to stop it, I shudder to think what they'd do to keep a kid from crying.

edit: DVMs should also have their license removed if they perform such a procedure. If you can't handle your dog's barking then give it to a rescue organization.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-11-19 19:58:05)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
If people find a dog's bark annoying and go to extreme measures to stop it, I shudder to think what they'd do to keep a kid from crying.
Its pretty damn annoying when the owner bought the dog just to annoy one of his other neighbours.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

SEREVENT wrote:

I'd hate to have my nails pulled out... how would a cat feel about it?

Also, my cat almost ripped one of his claws out the other day
It's not like they hold them down and rip them out. It's a surgical procedure, performed under general anesthetic, followed up with pain management as required.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

It's a surgical procedure, performed under general anesthetic, followed up with pain management as required.
Which still pretty painful, its not as if an animal can dial up the morphine themselves, or ask for it.

If you don't want a cat don't get one, get a rabbit or something.
Don't inflict suffering just so you can have a more convenient pet.
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It's a surgical procedure, performed under general anesthetic, followed up with pain management as required.
Which still pretty painful, its not as if an animal can dial up the morphine themselves, or ask for it.

If you don't want a cat don't get one, get a rabbit or something.
Don't inflict suffering just so you can have a more convenient pet.
And how do you know? Had many cats who've had this procedure done?

I bet you probably are one of the first to scream for spaying and neutering, aren't you?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Hey I made this thread.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

I bet you probably are one of the first to scream for spaying and neutering, aren't you?
Thats unfortunate but necessary to deal with the suffering overbreeding brings about, not to protect your furniture.
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Thats unfortunate but necessary to deal with the suffering overbreeding brings about, not to protect your furniture.
Hypocrite.

What if your pet will never be bred? I bet you'd still get them spayed or neutered. Because then you'd be "responsible". And they're in a damn sight more pain after having their sex organs forcibly removed than they are after having their nails removed, ffs.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe so, but desexing is more necessary than declawing. Obviously desexing is also done for behavioural reasons to make a nicer pet.
I'd support dogs having their teeth pulled before I'd support declawing, since so many people suffer brutal injuries from dog bites.

And as evidence of how harmless a fully clawed cat can be I cite Bobo the Wrestlecat.
NB Do Not Try This At Home Bobo is a highly trained stuntcat, if a bit daft.

FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

So you ARE a hypocrite.

Shocking.
― Albert Einstein

mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6709|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Declawing is one of those things that just should never be done to a cat.  There are easy ways to control the scratching, such as getting a scratching post.

Also, I've been around a few declawed cats and all I can say is that the declawing makes the cats more aggressive if anything.  The know that one of their primary weapons and means of escape has been taken from them, and they tend to compensate by having one hell of an attitude.
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Meh. I've had cats that are both. Never noticed a difference in attitude. Weaponry wasn't an issue because they were kept in a safe environment where they didn't need that...and in the few instances where they felt they did, those back claws are doozies, not to mention the teeth.
― Albert Einstein

jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
Now on to skinning Dogs alive in china....
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

jord wrote:

That's good eatin'!

But just the little ones...big ones are too gamey.
― Albert Einstein

jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

FEOS wrote:

jord wrote:

That's good eatin'!

But just the little ones...big ones are too gamey.
I prefer human child, oh so tender.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard