Buzerk1
+44|6834
No complaints...just feed back Now Chuy know what this new host is able to do
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6844|North Texas
Maybe not from you(thank you), but they'll be here.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

Yeah...
I'm just guessing but I think the new server can't take the load.
Morning GMT: white front page / stats / Leader board
Noon GMT : all was well
Now ... white again.

R

If something sounds to good to be true, than it is just that
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6775
Looks like the 'T' (for Tera) was a typo...
taddzilla
+23|6841|Pembroke Pines, FL.
Work Chuy Work......Stop playing Solitare!!!!!    ROFL LMAO
[GR]OBrian
+0|6728
I'm not all into this php / html thingy, but i have heard that some provideres only allows some amount of "http://" calls per user/time/session or something,
and then when you put your imagefiles and stuff outside the main server it will run out of "(Free http:// calls)" if you know what i mean.

Sound a bit neardish but i have had some expirence with this on my own php site.
When i redirected all the imagefiles back to root of the provider the thing just went fine afain.

Correct me if im all stupid, but just trying to help with this awsome page.

ps.. sorry for my bad english, I'm danish....   (and i haven't heard about mohammad)
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6673|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
oh shit go chuy go, slowy but surely im getting the homepage back. yay. its starting to look normal again. good job chuy.

in case this helps, the homepage looks great except for the badge icons on my leader board and the online/offline button. FYI

Last edited by Sgt_Stutta (2006-02-09 11:36:32)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

The host took a big fat shit. I literally crashed their server. Damn I'm getting into a bad habit of doing that...

The reason I made the switch is that BF2S has pushed over it's traffic limit for the month (1.2 Terabytes) so I needed to offload some of that traffic. Apparently their servers aren't man enough to take the 250 requests per second beating that I pushed their way. Go figure...

Anyway, I'll get this all fixed up when I get home -- but I may have to turn off some images from the site for the time being -- at least until I get something worked out. Feel free to PM me if you think you might have a solution.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas
Chuy pwned a server.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6720

chuyskywalker wrote:

I've moved all the static content for the site (CSS, JS, gifs, jpegs, pngs, etc) over to another host.

. 1) Take some load of this machine.
. 2) Take some load of this machine.
. 3) [del]Running[/del] Ran out of bandwidth on this machine.

If it works out, I'll post my hot, hot affliate link to the host where I am getting 1TB of transfer per month for $10/mo. !
Chuy, i am a bit concerned with the moving of all static content. It may take the load of one machine, but it might create a huge/too much "traffic" to get all content into one webpage (display) again ?

Question: are the "Forums" and the "BF2 Stats" on TWO different machines/hardware platform now?

If not, i would suggest:
1.  to get the BF2Stats ( with all static content) on your new machine , and at  ISP service provider nr 1 :the one you were using till recently), but without the Forum , FAQ , WIKI links etcetera  !
2.   and get all FORUM stuff ( text and search)  functions on ISP nr 2 (the new one)

I dont know if this split-up in  over 2 providers (!)  would mean making a new website for the  FORUM or require major software/HTML-programming, but its just an wild idea that might help.

Keep cool and good luck.

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2006-02-09 13:02:48)

Buzerk1
+44|6834
Ouch... Chuy you created a monster 1.2Tb already and the month is not even over....

Cut the Forum signatures off... that's only small bit of it...but it's a start...
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter
I think you should seriously charge 1.00 a month to EVERYONE and that will most likely pay for a great server, i mean 12$ a year, good deal for such a great site, and who knows how many active members there are, i mean thats 1,000's of dollars a month for you to spend on bandwidth and great new features, for just a buck each...
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

Buzerk1 wrote:

Ouch... Chuy you created a monster 1.2Tb already and the month is not even over....

Cut the Forum signatures off... that's only small bit of it...but it's a start...
Sigs aren't stored in the site so I think that they don't affect the site bandwidth...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I think you should seriously charge 1.00 a month to EVERYONE and that will most likely pay for a great server, i mean 12$ a year, good deal for such a great site, and who knows how many active members there are, i mean thats 1,000's of dollars a month for you to spend on bandwidth and great new features, for just a buck each...
Aww, I hate that word "pay" and "cost" too
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6818|ATX

Buzerk1 wrote:

correct me if I am wrong, but the signature images aren't hosted on BF2s.com.  They shouldn't have any effect on the bandwidth of the server.  Each client's browser downloads the image from whatever server that image is hosted on (ie userbars.com, tehsig.com, imageshack.com, etc.)

*Edit* Dangit Gawwad, you beat me to it...

Last edited by Clayton_Bigsby (2006-02-09 13:23:12)

mad_jihad
+0|6760
yea the deal was to good to be true and like i cant look at my stats or the home page : /
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6720
Yo, Chuy, see what i mean:    last  5  replies  right here  in this Forum section: 75 % images and jpegs etc, just 25 % plain text in it !! 
Lets multiply  that for the whole Forum: isnt  that a LOT of image serving indeed just for the Forum itself?

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2006-02-09 13:45:59)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center

MajorHoulahan_MASH wrote:

Yo, Chuy, see what i mean:    last  5  replies  right here  in this Forum section: 75 % images and jpegs etc, just 25 % plain text in it !! 
Lets multiply  that for the whole Forum: isnt  that a LOT of image serving indeed just for the Forum ?
yeah, it is...but those pictures arent hosted by BF2S.  theyre all hosted by other sites.  BF2S just links to them.  removing signatures from the forums would show very very minute changes in the server load, if any change at all.  if you were to remove signatures, in essence you'd only be removing a link, which consists of very little text.  it's not enough to make a noticable difference...at least i don't think it would be.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6692|San Francisco
Hey Jeff,
so yeah, it takes a little over 1 minute to load the main bf2s page (that's like two freakin' computer years!!), plus all of the 'online'/'offline' widgets for the Leaderboard, along with the images for the Wiki, UBAR, and IRC are all broken/unfound.  The images in the stat sections are down, and no amount of refreshing/cache clearings seems to be bringing them back...

Everything but the forums is craazy slow.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6679|Dayton, Ohio
IF you give in to doing more marketing on the site, could you pipe a t1 to your house and avoid the hosting limits all together?  How much bandwidth do you think you need?  It sounds like you could make a killing on Advertising given the number of hits you are seeing.  I realize we would have to put up with all that clutter but that would be a small price for speedy service.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6722
Chuy ftw..hehe
leTus
+-1|6687
I know that www.1and1.com gives 1,000GB/m for 9,99 or 1,500GB/m for 19,99, and I have been 2 years with them and they never been down. Here http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/DataCenter you can check their new $25 million Data Center IV, there is a 3D presentation too.
rgp58
Ti Faccio un Culo Cosi
+0|6745|San Carlos, CA

Marconius wrote:

Hey Jeff,
so yeah, it takes a little over 1 minute to load the main bf2s page (that's like two freakin' computer years!!), plus all of the 'online'/'offline' widgets for the Leaderboard, along with the images for the Wiki, UBAR, and IRC are all broken/unfound.  The images in the stat sections are down, and no amount of refreshing/cache clearings seems to be bringing them back...

Everything but the forums is craazy slow.
Good thing Chuy took the time to make alt-tags for his images... 
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

Cougar wrote:

Chuy pwned a server.
edit: another server. This is the 3rd server I've crashed out due to traffic.

Also, forum signatures have *nothing* to do with the problem at hand.
gasman14
+1|6650
I extremely disagree with paying

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard