chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6841|"Frisco"

I've moved all the static content for the site (CSS, JS, gifs, jpegs, pngs, etc) over to another host.

. 1) Take some load of this machine.
. 2) Take some load of this machine.
. 3) [del]Running[/del] Ran out of bandwidth on this machine.

If it works out, I'll post my hot, hot affliate link to the host where I am getting 1TB of transfer per month for $10/mo. !
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6723|Michigan
Wow, sounds like allot of transfer for hardly any money. Very cool.
I must admit I'm not exactly sure what all that means but I had to say something because you do such a great job with this site.
Thank you for all the hard work.
rombaft
+0|6717|belgium
1TB for 10$ a month , this is extremely cheap , and it gives a good speed ? there must be a catch
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6841|"Frisco"

rombaft wrote:

1TB for 10$ a month , this is extremely cheap , and it gives a good speed ? there must be a catch
That's why i'm *testing* it. Although, they do have a ALOT of freaking features. I mean everything. Even Subversion repositories. It's crazy.
Maj.Do
+85|6745|good old CA
works fine for me, were talkin on irc right now
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6658|NT, like Mick Dundee

Well, I have a 1 min long loading time for a home page that looks nothing like it did... Dunno what you've done Chuy but I cant access the homepage anymore, when I do I'm greeted by white backround and black writing, in screwy places...

-EDIT-

Images of badges and whatnot on the stats screen don't show up properly either, I think what ever you did increased the load times of all the images.....

WTF? Its all back to normal all of a sudden... I have no idea wtf it was.... May have been an ISP prob on my end...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-02-09 00:25:21)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ViPeY
+0|6672|Hampshire, England
all seems fine for me - you could be onto a winner here
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6798|Portland, OR, USA

chuyskywalker wrote:

rombaft wrote:

That's why i'm *testing* it. Although, they do have a ALOT of freaking features. I mean everything. Even Subversion repositories. It's crazy.
Fuckin' a. If it turns out to be all good and not some million sites per server thing, I may just have to switch!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
papa_wojo
+0|6647
things have definitely been a bit out of sink.....the partial load left a black and white screed as described....then the next time was semi ok again....

The que is back a bit screwy again.....

Good luck Jeff......hope you get it back up and running as smoothly as before.....
squier035
+0|6648
what is 1TB for 10 $ /month ?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

squier035 wrote:

what is 1TB for 10 $ /month ?
1 terabyte of data transfer from his web server for $10 a month.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

And the new server seems slow. I see "Waiting for static.bf2s.com..." a lot in my status bar when browsing around the main site.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6778|Anaheim, CA

The first time I pulled bf2s up today, I got an all text screen that just showed a place to put in the pid or nick, and showed the top 10.  Refreshed and the normal home page came up, but my rank and other people with my same rank on my leaderboard wasn't showing up (the rank image, first sergeant).  Refreshed again and it showed up, though I'm finding load times on all the pages to be taking quite a while.

But a whole friggin TB?  Wow.

Last edited by GuliblGuy (2006-02-09 09:07:03)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England
A lot of times when viewing the site today the pages are displaying without the style sheet and images. Other times just the odd image or 2 doesn’t load. Also it seems a lot slower for loading times now.
AD_Kensan
+7|6778
Unfortunately I get the same problems here. Site seems slower than usual... Forum is perfectly fine

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-02-09 09:27:48)

Buzerk1
+44|6829
Forum is fine, but Home page and Stats are not...
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6825
Haha, the "1TB of transfer per month for $10/mo"-provider have no idea whom they are dealing with.
JAILBIRD831
+0|6683|uk
all iget is a white background with text on it
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6669|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
my homepage is still screwy, like u guys said its just white background like the html isnt actually generating the style its all text heres a nice lil screeny for ya chuy or whichever admins sees this.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/ … 2/bf2s.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/ … bf2s_2.jpg

oh and yes i did try to refresh a few times actually and still the same as of now.
oh and 1 more thing too, i tried it with IE too just seeing if it was a firefox issue and same result.

Last edited by Sgt_Stutta (2006-02-09 10:01:51)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6828|Kubra, Damn it!

Same problems here. Site is really slow and no styles or images anywhere.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6717

chittydog wrote:

Same problems here. Site is really slow and no styles or images anywhere.
Yes same ere...im depressed i like the alll singing all dancing bf2s site ive come to love
SammyIAm
+0|6651
I wouldn't even mind a text-only version but not everything's even loading it looks like. And the styles are gone.  Safari in OS X shows the little "?" icon for images, Firefox shows the same as the PC version.  Did we kill the images server?
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6840|North Texas
Yup, the host is down for the count. Just have to wait for Chuy to switch it back over. It was only hosting the images, so we know it wasn't a coding error!
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6713|The Netherlands
Erm i got the same problems with the bf2s homepage, about a minute loading time and its all white with black text and images show a red X. Same deal with my stats page btw, the only pics i can see on that page are the graph and the advert. Tried to refresh like 10 times and it still lookes all weird.

The forums look normal tho
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6840|North Texas

General-Echo wrote:

The forums look normal tho
That's a good thing too! We sure wouldn't want to miss all the complaints now would we??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard