Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Archie Sweeney is one of a dozen veterans featured in "WWII in HD," a 10-hour series that tells the story of the war using 3,000 hours of rare, color footage unearthed from archives and private collections all over the world. The History channel restored much of the footage - some of which has never been seen before - and converted it to high definition.

The series follows the experiences of Sweeney and 11 other Americans throughout the war using letters, memoirs and interviews with their family members.

Larry Miller, a researcher from the History channel who summered in the Adirondacks and has written books about the region, has been working with Sweeney's relatives since February. He said Sweeney was actually the last one to be included in the series.]quote]

http://www.ngc.tv/Programmes/photos.asp … alleryNo=3
I've watched that as well,, NATGEO is a Fav too..

Kmarion wrote:

NATGEO, The Science channel, and the Smithsonian channel are also great.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

Nat Geo nubs

If i had to choose.... Disc, only for Mythbusters.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6447|Amsterdam‫
i'm watching ww1 documentaries atm. im full of ww2 atm
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Both are awesome imo...but i'd keep History channel just to get those ww2 documentaries and such.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

tazz. wrote:

Nat Geo nubs

Mildly entertaining at best.. plus Kari got prego and chubby so the show lost half of it's appeal right thar.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Kmarion wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Nat Geo nubs

Mildly entertaining at best.. plus Kari got prego and chubby so the show lost half of it's appeal right thar.

Must admit it sorta suck about the Kari part....but well, the show is good...when its not a fucking replay of a replay of a replay that was replayed 2 days ago.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

^Yea I think it was Saturday night I was watching.. I thought it was a marathon, then it started repeating.

Dirty car goes faster.. worse hangovers.. etc.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UrsusVonForsteck
+3|5295
In Brazil, NAT GEO brokes both...
rdx-fx
+955|6592
Fuck 'em both.

10 years ago, they were good.

Years ago, History Channel actually did shows about real history - and Discovery actually had shows with science content in them.
Shocking and antiquated as the concepts may now seem.

Now, it seems like every other show is some tinfoil hat conspiracy nutcase show.

Read this in Mike Rowe's voice, as a commercial on Discovery channel;
According to Nostradamus, the Aztec Calender, clues in the latest Dan Brown novel, numerical codes in the Bible, and reading the entrails from neighbor Bob's poodle Fluffy (sorry Bob), the world will end in 2012.  A special presentation from the Discovery Channel. Coming up NEXT!! after Ghost Lab: Michael Jackson's Mansion
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

rdx-fx wrote:

Fuck 'em both.
Travel Channel pwns!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

rdx-fx wrote:

Now, it seems like every other show is some tinfoil hat conspiracy nutcase show.
nahh
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
Discovery, easy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Space Tuesdays resumes next week (history). It wasn't on tonight .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Discovery channel. Haven't watched it in a while though. Mythbusters has gone to shit and I'm starting to see repeats on How It's Made/Dirty Jobs.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134
History

WWII in HD is amazing
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

NateWiese wrote:

History

WWII in HD is amazing
oh yeah, forgot about that.

Travel Channel pwns!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

NateWiese wrote:

History

WWII in HD is amazing
Iknorite. Some gorry stuff though. They showed some soldiers looking down and the camera panned to what they were looking at.. a charred body with no limbs.

Gary Sinise is doing an excellent job.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I also enjoyed the WWI in colour. That was quite good too.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5301|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire
National Geographic ftw.

I do love the History channel though, my mates always slag me for watching their cool documentaries. It makes me sad.

I do enjoy the odd How it's made/how do they do it/Deadliest catch on discovery though.

Last edited by Irishpride<3 (2009-11-18 02:36:37)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
History, apart from the Nostradamus crap every week or so, most of the shows are good, Modern Marvels FTW (maybe that's just the engineer in me)
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX

S.Lythberg wrote:

History, apart from the Nostradamus crap every week or so, most of the shows are good, Modern Marvels FTW (maybe that's just the engineer in me)
FYI, Mordern Marvels is now on Hulu.  So you can watch it anytime FTW.
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5989|Mountain Dew
History Channel. The only 2 awsome shows on Discovery is Mythbusters and Ultimate Survival.
Rest of them is either about fishing or some other shit that is on all the day.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

Iconic Irony wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I wish they opened hulu to Italy.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX

aerodynamic wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I wish they opened hulu to Italy.
I don't know that Hulu is available anywhere but the U.S. to be honest.  I know for a fact it's geo blocked in Australia.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6722|Ireland | Monaghan

history Channel ftw. War docs FTW.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard