Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Per Popsci: http://www.popsci.com/gear-amp-gadgets/ … hotography

A wise friend wrote:

Canon taking the #1 spot is unusual.  But it's only because PopSci looks at what it offers, and isn't biased like photo mags.
https://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3145/canonsdmark2.jpg

This year, a digital camera snapped the official presidential portrait for the first time. Also this year, the same camera shot commercials, indie films and even parts of network TV shows. That camera was the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, the first digital SLR that shoots full high-definition video.

The Mark II thrills videographers because, unlike similarly small camcorders, it can use a vast collection of high-quality lenses, letting them set up precisely composed wide-angle, telephoto or fixed-focus scenes. Photographers, meanwhile, love it for the large, 21-megapixel image sensor that captures views the same size as 35mm film does. The trick for Canon was adding motion to those gigantic shots, since most video-shooting still cameras take far smaller, easier-to-encode pictures. Engineers had to design a processor powerful enough to convert 21 megapixels to two—the resolution of 1080p HD video—and repackage the data into a standard movie format, 30 times a second. Despite this feat, the camera maintains a respectable two hours of battery life in video mode, giving filmmakers a portable alternative to big, five-figure movie rigs. So to the camera that’s a hit with both Hollywood and the president, we say hail to the chief gadget breakthrough of the year.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
Nikon must've gone bankrupt if Canon got the "camera of the year" award.

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Cannon? https://eds.nettracks.com/uploads/cannon-lg.jpg
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

DefCon-17 wrote:

Nikon must've gone bankrupt if Canon got the "camera of the year" award.

https://i33.tinypic.com/10p6bmo.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I knew it.

Guess Canon is the "hip" thing to get now.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

DefCon-17 wrote:

I knew it.

don't hate the playa

there's a 50/50 Nikon/Canon split here (Salt Lake) and i've found the quality of pictures doesn't correlate to the brand of camera, but the talent behind it.
Defcon, i've seen your pix. they are righteous, and if you want a Canon i'll trade ya.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

DefCon-17 wrote:

I knew it.

Naw.. Nikon is still very competitive. Although I think Canon has superior marketing here in the States. I'm seeing t1 commercials left and right while nikon is limited to Ashton's schedule.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

/hugs 50D
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

OD, have you done any video capture with that?
havent used a canon before... lolz   

im sure it takes lovely photos.

the nikon d90 takes nice video w/sound - downfall is that once you start recording you have to use manual focus - but you have a 'live view' screen to help ya out with this

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2009-11-14 10:40:08)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

burnzz wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I knew it.

don't hate the playa

there's a 50/50 Nikon/Canon split here (Salt Lake) and i've found the quality of pictures doesn't correlate to the brand of camera, but the talent behind it.
Defcon, i've seen your pix. they are righteous, and if you want a Canon i'll trade ya.
Nevah. I love my D80.
I've been a Nikon kid ever since I got my first camera 9 years ago.

Kmarion wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I knew it.

Naw.. Nikon is still very competitive. Although I think Canon has superior marketing here in the States. I'm seeing t1 commercials left and right while nikon is limited to Ashton's schedule.
That's probably why, I suppose.

Fuck research, get what's advertised!
(Not that I have anything against Canon...just those people.)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

This is probably the last place I think there would be fanboi'sm. Both manufactures make a fine product. That is one thing I like about the photo community in general. There is kind of a comradery amongst each other with this similar interest.

What is it they say.. the camera is only 30%?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

burnzz wrote:

OD, have you done any video capture with that?
It does not have that function.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Kmarion wrote:

This is probably the last place I think there would be fanboi'sm. Both manufactures make a fine product. That is one thing I like about the photo community in general. There is kind of a comradery amongst each other with this similar interest.

Depends on the subject.

If it's that artsy-fartsy over-photoshopped stuff, I'd say the camera is about 5%.

For shooting sports and photo-journalism in general, I'd say the camera is 40%.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada

DefCon-17 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Depends on the subject.

If it's that artsy-fartsy over-photoshopped stuff, I'd say the camera is about 5%.

For shooting sports and photo-journalism in general, I'd say the camera lens is 40%.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

TheDonkey wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Depends on the subject.

For shooting sports and photo-journalism in general, I'd say the camera lens is 40%.
Depends.

Body and lens in photography is kind of like body and barrel in paintball.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

DefCon-17 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Depends on the subject.

Equipment is ofc important. However, the general point is to focus more on technique, and composition. I think it was Chris Marquardt that said the 30% stuff.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lintaho
+1|5237

Kmarion wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Depends on the subject.

Equipment is ofc important. However, the general point is to focus more on technique, and composition. I think it was Chris Marquardt that said the 30% stuff.
I agree. Lens are important, but your equipment can only take you so far!

and Nikon FOREVER!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Lintaho wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Depends on the subject.

I agree. Lens are important, but your equipment can only take you so far!

and Nikon FOREVER!
The D3 is pretty sweet. The price will kick you square in the cojones tho.

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard