..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
Uni killed my body... I still destroy at most sports but my abs died.

Hitting the gym again chaps..got a fairly good idea what my regime will consist of but lack ideas for back and abs workout.

Weight about 75 KG, athletic build and lose weight easily but now sport a slight tinge of stubborn belly fat.

Thoughts for abs and back please. Also, any advice to get the side of my pecks larger/more toned?

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2010-07-05 13:24:51)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Hitting the gym again chaps..got a fairly good idea what my regime will consist of but lack ideas for back and abs workout.

Weight about 75 KG, athletic build and lose weight easily but now sport a slight tinge of stubborn belly fat.

Thoughts for abs and back please. Also, any advice to get the side of my pecks larger/more toned?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/ … o148-1.jpg
Shit man! What did you do at uni besides drink? Haha.

What's your regime going to be, out of interest?

For abs I'd do reverse crunches (see above), oblique crunches and bicycle crunches. Do them every second day.

To get rid of that belly fat you're going to have to eat healthily. It doesn't matter how many crunches you do, if you don't eat healthily you're not going to lose that fat. See my Workout Post for details. Doing crunches doesn't make you lose stomach fat, it will merely build the muscles under the fat.

For your pecs just do barbell press and incline dumbbell flys. You can also try dumbbell press and incline barbell press. Add some press ups to that and you should be fine. Focus on 3 sets of 12 for getting them big and toned.

You need shoulders and tris though, that's what you're seriously lacking in.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6548|San Diego, CA, USA
Have you tried the Masturbation Diet?

Basically you can't masturbate unless you exercised for at least 30 minutes.

I exercise at least 2 hours a day now.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/ … o148-1.jpg
Shit man! What did you do at uni besides drink? Haha.

What's your regime going to be, out of interest?

For abs I'd do reverse crunches (see above), oblique crunches and bicycle crunches. Do them every second day.

To get rid of that belly fat you're going to have to eat healthily. It doesn't matter how many crunches you do, if you don't eat healthily you're not going to lose that fat. See my Workout Post for details. Doing crunches doesn't make you lose stomach fat, it will merely build the muscles under the fat.

For your pecs just do barbell press and incline dumbbell flys. You can also try dumbbell press and incline barbell press. Add some press ups to that and you should be fine. Focus on 3 sets of 12 for getting them big and toned.

You need shoulders and tris though, that's what you're seriously lacking in.
Drinking, girls and sitting on my ass studying the joyous subject they call Law. I want to change my ways before I finish since it's not too healthy.

Yeah obviously the diet thing is the hardest but I was thinking about cutting carbs to the max. Now that I'm back on holiday I'm eating healthy but   I'm also eating A LOT. I have heard the carb diet is pretty ridiculous though? thoughts?

My regime...I want to two different sets of muscle groups every second day and give them a couple days rest.

Chest: 5 x 5 24KG dumbbells on flat bench, 10 x 3 12KG flies (might have got the wrong name for it- the exercise where you lay on the bench, stretch your arms out and bring the weights up and down.) + Pullups

Biceps: pushups, dumbbells and pullups- help fill me in and that would be awesome

Triceps:  Skull crushers, the rope on the machine where you pull it down to work your tris and pushups on my fists.

Cardio: Usually play football for about 2 hours every second day (only during summer holiday) and shite loads of touch rugby. Once I get a girlfriend I'll be giving up all beer, football, etc and work on her vagina.

It's pretty damn unorganized and as you can see I have no real idea what I'm doing since I never hit the gym before (just played loads of football). My recent interest has been sparked my huge  friends who make me look like an ant in comparison. As for gym equipment I have pretty much everything available to me in my dad's gym but I just need to which machines to use.

Zimmer mate, when did you get so ripped? Did I miss something these couple months I buggered off? haha

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2010-07-05 12:38:19)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Right Teddy, I have some time off in about 2 hours or so. Once I do, I'm gonna write up some of the remainder of my workout post so that will hopefully help you.

Just to tell you a few things from what I've read:

- You shouldn't be doing 5x5s and 3x10s in the same regime. They are different workouts and do different things. Either stick to 5x5s or 3x10/12s. See My post for exercise regimes you want to follow.
- From what I hear from you, you want to build size, so if you read the above post, you'll see you don't want to be doing 5x5s.
- You're a beginner, so I advise doing 3 workouts a week and working nearly EVERY muscle a day. You can change this up to 3 muscles or so after 4 weeks
- You want to be doing leg exercises. Deadlifts and squats are the MOST important exercises you can do.
- Shoulders as well - trust me, if you want to look good, you want to have big shoulders. Bis may look nice, but they look shit if you don't have degined shoulders.
- Your diet - Follow my guidelines on my post. It should give you an idea of where you should be. If you want to gain weight then continue eating carbs normally, if you want to shave that belly fat, then only eat them after workouts. Do note though, that if you put on weight first, it will be a lot easier to get rid of that belly fat.
- You don't want to be using machines. All free weights. Machines aren't good.

In answer to your last question - It's been a hell of a lot more than a couple of months mate
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649

Zimmer wrote:

Right Teddy, I have some time off in about 2 hours or so. Once I do, I'm gonna write up some of the remainder of my workout post so that will hopefully help you.

Just to tell you a few things from what I've read:

- You shouldn't be doing 5x5s and 3x10s in the same regime. They are different workouts and do different things. Either stick to 5x5s or 3x10/12s. See My post for exercise regimes you want to follow.
- From what I hear from you, you want to build size, so if you read the above post, you'll see you don't want to be doing 5x5s.
- You're a beginner, so I advise doing 3 workouts a week and working nearly EVERY muscle a day. You can change this up to 3 muscles or so after 4 weeks
- You want to be doing leg exercises. Deadlifts and squats are the MOST important exercises you can do.
- Shoulders as well - trust me, if you want to look good, you want to have big shoulders. Bis may look nice, but they look shit if you don't have degined shoulders.
- Your diet - Follow my guidelines on my post. It should give you an idea of where you should be. If you want to gain weight then continue eating carbs normally, if you want to shave that belly fat, then only eat them after workouts. Do note though, that if you put on weight first, it will be a lot easier to get rid of that belly fat.
- You don't want to be using machines. All free weights. Machines aren't good.

In answer to your last question - It's been a hell of a lot more than a couple of months mate
Sweet. Cheers bru!!

For some reason I always underestimate leg exercises just because I hate that specific burn.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
Calves burn > *
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

Just got back in the gym today for the first time in 3-4 weeks due to vacation and sickness. Fortunately I didn't lose anything on my bench. And the period of sickness did serve as a kind of unintentional cut from not eating as much. Silver lining, I guess!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
Finally going back to the gym tomorrow after a 2-month break, I feel like I'm starting out again..

Good thing is that all my shoulder & pec-issues appear to be gone. I'll have to take it easy so they don't come back, though..
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
Started using Myofusion.  Wow, reminds me of Syntha6 but its even thicker. 

How's everyone's workouts been going?  Mine are going well.  Still getting steadily stronger/bigger.  Still trying to lean out a little as well.  Switched to a hypertrophy 3 x 10/12 workout set and ATTEMPTING to do cardio three nights a week.  But with work sometimes im too tired and ready to relax to bring myself to do any. 

As you can see I have literally no abs probably due to me never training them.  But my lats are starting to develop and flare out which im happy about.  You can see recent stuff compared to about a year ago.  Mass gains have been substantial.

https://i26.tinypic.com/25p25is.jpg

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-07-07 14:32:36)

lrishpride
+68|5147
poo man. been eating shit and my body/skins gone to shit. girlfriends home in 2 weeks, need to get myself in order!!!

loven life tho, despite my failures
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
Sonder, you're a beast man, keep it up!

OT: Trying to improve my breakfast. Just had 3 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of bread + 0.3L of milk. What else could I add?

Last edited by Jebus (2010-07-08 01:18:54)

SonderKommando

Jebus wrote:

Sonder, you're a beast man, keep it up!

OT: Trying to improve my breakfast. Just had 3 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of bread + 0.3L of milk. What else could I add?
Ha, thanks man.  I REALLY wanna lean down some.  Still eating 5-6 times a day, just need to keep on my cardio and I should be good.  I went from 9.5% body fat last summer (may-aug) to 14.8% as of a few weeks ago.  But Its normal to put a little on when bulking.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
Finally went to the gym again for the first time in two months.
Did chest + biceps. Holy shit Zimmer's Chest workout raped me. Those pushups near the end are just lethal. Good workout.

After that biked home (30min..) in the glowing sun. I could wring my shirt out once home so I jumped in the pool and didn't come out for atleast 40 mins later
Home
Section.80

Jebus wrote:

I have a similar question. Genetically, I have a high cholesterol, and seeing as 3 eggs every morning is 180% of my daily cholesterol intake, I need to find some different high protein breakfast foods that I can have 4 times a week. Any suggestions?
lrishpride
+68|5147
where is zimmers chest workout posted Jebus?

Last edited by lrishpride (2010-07-08 11:15:01)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium

lrishpride wrote:

where is zimmers chest workout posted Jebus?
About 2 months ago he posted it, I'll link ya

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p3145007
SonderKommando

Home wrote:

Jebus wrote:

I have a similar question. Genetically, I have a high cholesterol, and seeing as 3 eggs every morning is 180% of my daily cholesterol intake, I need to find some different high protein breakfast foods that I can have 4 times a week. Any suggestions?
Just eat the egg whites brah.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dai … ucts/112/2
Home
Section.80

SonderKommando wrote:

Home wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Just eat the egg whites brah.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dai … ucts/112/2
Ah, genius. Thanks!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
Started with the ON gold standard and start a new routine, plateaued for a while, so need to switch it up. Was good, muscles actually felt strained by it.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
Someone should make a "Fitness" badge for Zimmer, like the Sig/Wiki Team ones.

Also, I've been slacking off for the past few weeks, but I'm starting to pick it up again. Actual 3 times a week again, instead of just one..
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

DefCon-17 wrote:

Someone should make a "Fitness" badge
i can has a google badge?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
Guys, any suggestions on post-workout meals? I'm on quite a budget right now so I'd rather steer away from shakes as they tend to get expensive..

Right now I'm going with a chicken-sandwich, w/ some salad or tomatoes.

A good meal 1-2 hours before workout and a banana just before beginning, dat sound gud?

Last edited by Jebus (2010-07-09 03:47:12)

lrishpride
+68|5147
I've decided to just concentrate on losing a half stone or so before I really concentrate on building muscle. I'm just gonna concentrate on a decent core and do lots of cardio for the next month.

Then when I'm the weight I want I'm gonna hit the weights HARD. Still gonna do 2 weight days a week, with 3 cardio/core - Monday(Shoulders+Back), Thursday (Chest+Biceps) compared with my old 3-4 weight sessions a week with 1 or 2 cardio.

Hopefully doing a small amount of weights will help me tone up and just generally make sure I don't fail when I go back to weights hard. I reckon I get rit of that half stone permanently in 4 weeks starting this Monday. So won't be hitting the weights properly till Augest

Chest and Biceps was good yesterday:

Warmup
2 X 2 minutes PUNCHBAG (1 minute break inbetween)
2 X 30 PRESS-UPS
5 x 5 PULL-UPS/CHIN-UPS

Chest & Biceps
4 X DUMBBELL BENCHPRESS - 18KG(12reps), 20KG(10reps), 22KG(8 reps), 24KG(6reps)
4 X DUMBBELL FLIES - 12KG(15reps), 14KG(12reps), 15KG(10 reps), 16KG(8 reps)
4 X BARBELL CURLS - 15KG(20reps), 18KG(14reps), 20KG(10reps), 22KG(6reps)
5 X 5 BARBELL BENCHPRESS - 55KG (5reps)

CORE
2 X 50 (ALTERNATING EXERCISES)

First set of 50 was 25 crunches on a declined bench holding 10KG behind my head, straight into 25 Russian Twists on the same declined bench(45D).
Second set of 50 was 25 (leg raises*) followed by 25 (reverse crunch*) on the declined bench(45D).

*leg raises:

*reverse crunches:

3 X PLANK (SIDE, MIDDLE, SIDE) - 1 minute each

Chest & Biceps
2 X INCLINED DUMBBELL BENCHPRESS (45 DEGREES) - 20KG, 10reps
2 X INCLINED DUMMBELL FLYIES (45 DEGREES) - 12KG, 10 reps
2 X DUMBBELL CURLS (14KG, 10 reps/arm)
2 X HAMMER CURLS (15KG, 10 reps/arm)

/finito

E(1 hour, 20 mins)
Comment please!

Last edited by lrishpride (2010-07-09 03:43:04)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
Loosing weight, shouldn't you have some more cardio stuff somewhere in there? (running, swimming, cycling, etc)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard