SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver

HaiBai wrote:

how accurate are these body fat % things?  i hold onto the handles, input my weight, height, etc.  and it gives me a percentage.  but im starting to wonder how accurate it is.
they are accurate enough to go by.  But calipers are more accurate.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
Well well, its time for me to get back in the gym. My shoulder is dislocating far to easily again, so I need to have a full shoulder day to get the muscle back there.

Also my knees are acting up when I snowboard, because I lost to much muscle mass there and my meniscus are taking the brunt of my landings. I always hated leg work outs, so I'm thinking of incorporating a leg workout into 2 of my other days.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Nic wrote:

Well well, its time for me to get back in the gym. My shoulder is dislocating far to easily again, so I need to have a full shoulder day to get the muscle back there.

Also my knees are acting up when I snowboard, because I lost to much muscle mass there and my meniscus are taking the brunt of my landings. I always hated leg work outs, so I'm thinking of incorporating a leg workout into 2 of my other days.
Do legs and back on the same day.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
Guess I could put dead lifts and leg presses on my back day, I gotta sit down and figure out how many times a week I can get in, I know I can do min 3 days, but would prefer 4. 3 does not really give you the time to get everything.
SonderKommando
legs really do need their own day.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada

SonderKommando wrote:

legs really do need their own day.
I know, I just find leg days so boring, it's an easy one to make excuses to skip. My buddy used to do a major/major workout, with one upper body major and one leg major a day, and it worked out well for him. I was considering something along those lines.
HaiBai
just do your normal leg exercises and a shit load of pullups for breaks.

works well.
lrishpride
+68|5140
Started week 3 today, managed to get 46. Improving slowly but surely!

I went for a run the other day and was DISGUSTED. Had to turn around after about 45 mins to go back home so I'm changing to 3 cardio and 2 workouts a week for a month or so to try and get back to be physically fit.
SonderKommando
So.... I cant give up heavy lifting on things like legs and chest as well some back exercises too...

So I've been doing 5 x 5's for flat bench and swats as well as deads...

I lost control of 315lbs on my fourth rep on my fifth set of squats... That shit was scary, I was lucky I wasnt seriously injured.  Im not sure what happened either... I went down and when I came back up I just went forward (I normally and know to push off teh heels).  Luckily I was able to get the barbell and back on the power rack without it falling on me...
lrishpride
+68|5140

SonderKommando wrote:

So.... I cant give up heavy lifting on things like legs and chest as well some back exercises too...

I lost control of 315lbs on my fourth rep on my fifth set of squats... That shit was scary, I was lucky I wasnt seriously injured.  Im not sure what happened either... I went down and when I came back up I just went forward (I normally and know to push off teh heels).  Luckily I was able to get the barbell and back on the power rack without it falling on me...
Arnt you in the cutting phase mate? I gave the 5X5 strength training a go the other day for my chest/bicep session. I feel awesome today and I went through my 100 push-up challenge for a short-cut today

I don't wanna look overly 'big' though, I just want definition and a good proper weight/strength ratio.

It's hard to explain, but I'd rather look like Baggs than you, mate

You know what I mean xD

xxx
SonderKommando

lrishpride wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Arnt you in the cutting phase mate? I gave the 5X5 strength training a go the other day for my chest/bicep session. I feel awesome today and I went through my 100 push-up challenge for a short-cut today

I don't wanna look overly 'big' though, I just want definition and a good proper weight/strength ratio.

You know what I mean xD

xxx
Yea, but i love to lift heavy, so I fit in some strength stuff too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6749|Scotland

lrishpride wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

You know what I mean xD

xxx
You can't "give the 5x5 a go". You need to maintain the 5x5 for at least 4 weeks to notice a difference. If you want a proper weight/strength ratio then 5x5 is not what you want to be doing. 5x5 doesn't build muscle, it merely strengthens - As I've said in the posts before.
lrishpride
+68|5140

Zimmer wrote:

lrishpride wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

You know what I mean xD

xxx
You can't "give the 5x5 a go". You need to maintain the 5x5 for at least 4 weeks to notice a difference. If you want a proper weight/strength ratio then 5x5 is not what you want to be doing. 5x5 doesn't build muscle, it merely strengthens - As I've said in the posts before.
I just gave it a go to see what it's like. I normally change my workouts around everytime otherwise it's boring and repetitive. Normally not so drastic, but I thought it was fun and I could see how it could help when you're stuck on a DB BP plateau like me :uncool:
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6749|Scotland

Changing your workouts around is fine. What isn't fine is changing the method of working out. Not during a 4 week period of one method.

Best method is:
3x12 for 4 weeks
then
Pyramid for 4 weeks
then
5x5 for 4 weeks.

Changing your workout regime from one to the other in a week isn't good because you're doing entirely different things to your muscles.
SonderKommando

Zimmer wrote:

Changing your workouts around is fine. What isn't fine is changing the method of working out. Not during a 4 week period of one method.

Best method is:
3x12 for 4 weeks
then
Pyramid for 4 weeks
then
5x5 for 4 weeks.

Changing your workout regime from one to the other in a week isn't good because you're doing entirely different things to your muscles.
What do you thin about incorporating 5x5's to maintain my strength level while dieting down?  It makes sense to me that doing them will help my core exercises (squats, bench, deads etc)
HaiBai

lrishpride wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

lrishpride wrote:

You know what I mean xD

xxx
I just gave it a go to see what it's like. I normally change my workouts around everytime otherwise it's boring and repetitive. Normally not so drastic, but I thought it was fun and I could see how it could help when you're stuck on a DB BP plateau like me :uncool:
sorry, but based on what you've been saying, i severely doubt you're plateauing in any way
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

SonderKommando wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

how accurate are these body fat % things?  i hold onto the handles, input my weight, height, etc.  and it gives me a percentage.  but im starting to wonder how accurate it is.
I just did the first 3 i got on google. Got 3 wildly different results, 15, 11 and 5.8%

The 5.8% asked the most questions but my measurements were estimates.
SonderKommando

Vilham wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

I just did the first 3 i got on google. Got 3 wildly different results, 15, 11 and 5.8%

The 5.8% asked the most questions but my measurements were estimates.
I wouldnt go with any online BF estimation.  The electronic one he was talking about is a hand held device that uses electrical signals through the body to determine BF percentage. Calipers are little pinchy thingymabobbers.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
Ah right, and yeah i knew what calipers are. I would be interesting in getting my body fat measured but dunno where i can really go to do that.
SonderKommando

Vilham wrote:

Ah right, and yeah i knew what calipers are. I would be interesting in getting my body fat measured but dunno where i can really go to do that.
You can buy the electronic ones from a sporting goods store, or perhaps your gym should have some you can use?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5757|Belgium
Going to quit the push-ups program for an undefined time. Still having some pain in my right pec so I decided not to push it.. 3 more weeks and then I'll be back in the gym.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada
Any tips for breathing during pushups?

I've tried different ways (breathe in going down, out going up, and vice versa), but it's very hard to keep up for some reason, and I often find myself holding my breath in.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5757|Belgium
Had problems with that in the beginning too. Trick is to start slow and get the automatism going. Breathe in while going down, out when going up.
lrishpride
+68|5140

Jebus wrote:

Going to quit the push-ups program for an undefined time. Still having some pain in my right pec so I decided not to push it.. 3 more weeks and then I'll be back in the gym.
Noooooooooo man don't abondon me! I've been doing great tbh... I did week 3 day 2 today, managed to get out 55. Probably due to the fact I did day 1 5 days ago and I didn't do much hard training during the week.

I hit 50 on last weeks Progress test that I did on a day off. Felt pretty awesome. Never would of believed I could manage 55 press-ups! 60 is my target for day 3 week 3 column 3! By far the worst day yet, sets of 22, 30, 20, 20 and then I'm gonna try push for 60.

I breathe on every second pressup: Top of first press up inhale, hold breath going down, hold breath, go back down, back up while exhaling , inhale... Incorrect way to breath but it works for me.

We've been doing up the gym lately, got new a new floor and a proper punchbag holder thingymabob.

Pretty sweet, loven my sessions atm.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
Turns out i have cortochondritis, thats what has been up with my chest for 2 years. Doctors on thurs. Hopefully you can get a chiropractor on the nhs in scotland.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard