baggs
+732|6196

Finray wrote:

Back from the gym. Haven't felt this good in yeeaaars. Everything hurts, in a good way

Did what I said I would, started with a 10 min jog on the treadmill, then 5 mins on the rowing machine. Went through to weights, worked pecs then triceps/pecs, then abs, then biceps. 3-5 sets of 5 on each, moderate weight. Went back through to cardio room, did a 10 minute interval training session on a recumbent bike machine. Had a shower, went home. Sauna wasn't on

Overall time spent working, about an hour and a bit. Drank about 1.5L of fluid, starting with Lucozade sport isotonic crap, which I refilled twice with water. Came home to pizza, probably gonna crack open a tin of tuna if I'm still hungry.

feelsgoodman.jpg
great news finny, i'm glad you're on it! plenty of fluids is a must, the diet will come naturally as you progress in your training. you don't have to be serious as cancer in the early stages, just try and enjoy it. don't worry if you're not making massive gains for the first few months, it's not supposed to be too easy
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
Diet isn't really something I'm worried about. I get a pretty well varied diet, lots of carbs, veg and some form of meat with almost every dinner. Breakfast, if I'm up, is probably a fry up, lunch being soup or something like that. I'm pretty happy with my diet atm. The only concern I'd have is I get lazy and don't eat sometimes
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
Yeah, solid advice Baggs. Just gotta build everything up imo.

Start out experimenting a bit yourself first (like you did), start researching into a program and along the way try to learn more about nutrition and bring small changes in your daily habits.

Small changes, no rush = perfect way to keep motivated and not get burnt out IMO.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
thats another kg, im getting there pretty damn quick.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada

Vilham wrote:

thats another kg, im getting there pretty damn quick.
Tips plox. I'm like 130 kg.
(Unless you mean one less kg, but I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you were trying to gain weight..)

Also, thanks for the forearm exercises guys. I'll have to try them out.

Oooh and one more question:
If you're solo-ing out muscle groups per day, is it okay to work out more per week?
For instance, doing doing chest/triceps one day, and biceps/shoulders the next, as opposed to doing them all one day, resting the next, then doing them again the day after that. Or would you still rest one full day regardless?

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2010-06-01 13:12:30)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
wait? 130kg is fucking massive. Im 88kg and thats 13.5 stone, you must be nearly 20+ stone...

As for how ive been gaining weight. Eating plenty, so like 4-5 meals a day, high in protein (200g/d) and high in carbs. Doing the most straining workout i can, gym 2-3x a week, biceps + chest, triceps + shoulders, legs + back.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Finray wrote:

Diet isn't really something I'm worried about. I get a pretty well varied diet, lots of carbs, veg and some form of meat with almost every dinner. Breakfast, if I'm up, is probably a fry up, lunch being soup or something like that. I'm pretty happy with my diet atm. The only concern I'd have is I get lazy and don't eat sometimes
Er, that's neither a healthy or balanced diet.

First of all, most humans are actually not carbohydrate tolerant - which means that for all the carbs you take, few actually do their 'good' stuff. It's just how we work sadly.
Second, a high carb diet is not what you want, nor would it be what I call healthy. A balanced diet means a good chunk of it is veg and protein, not carbs.

You want to eat carbs only post-workput, because that's the only time they're going to work. Think about, why should you require carbs during the day? You're not doing anything intensive.

You should also be eating more, especially for lunch. Try snacking with almonds and stuff. What baggs said about the diet slowly coming together is true to a certain extent - but you're a normal 'healthy' scot so to speak, and scottish diets, even healthy ones, are piss poor. Most 'healthy brits' (that's what they like calling themselves) don't actually eat to any healthy standrard - they just eat.more healthily than the rest of the population which eats shit.

First mistake right there Finny. You need to seriously consider your diet, because if you want to feel truly GOOD then you're gonna have to stick to one.

Never EVER skip breakfast. I don't care what your excuse is, breakfast is literally the most important thing of the day.

Also don't skip mealsn because if you ddo, there's no point in working out.

Wanna see a great change to you physique? Then start dieting now.

Also, lucozade drinks are a joke. Don't drink them. Sugar is something you want to remove as much from your diet as possible. Make your own isotonic drink if you must. It's not hard - water, salt and sugar.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada

Vilham wrote:

wait? 130kg is fucking massive. Im 88kg and thats 13.5 stone, you must be nearly 20+ stone...

As for how ive been gaining weight. Eating plenty, so like 4-5 meals a day, high in protein (200g/d) and high in carbs. Doing the most straining workout i can, gym 2-3x a week, biceps + chest, triceps + shoulders, legs + back.
Oh whoops...I meant pounds.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

Zimmer wrote:

Finray wrote:

Er, that's neither a healthy or balanced diet.

First of all, most humans are actually not carbohydrate tolerant - which means that for all the carbs you take, few actually do their 'good' stuff. It's just how we work sadly.
Second, a high carb diet is not what you want, nor would it be what I call healthy. A balanced diet means a good chunk of it is veg and protein, not carbs.

You want to eat carbs only post-workput, because that's the only time they're going to work. Think about, why should you require carbs during the day? You're not doing anything intensive.

You should also be eating more, especially for lunch. Try snacking with almonds and stuff. What baggs said about the diet slowly coming together is true to a certain extent - but you're a normal 'healthy' scot so to speak, and scottish diets, even healthy ones, are piss poor. Most 'healthy brits' (that's what they like calling themselves) don't actually eat to any healthy standrard - they just eat.more healthily than the rest of the population which eats shit.

First mistake right there Finny. You need to seriously consider your diet, because if you want to feel truly GOOD then you're gonna have to stick to one.

Never EVER skip breakfast. I don't care what your excuse is, breakfast is literally the most important thing of the day.

Also don't skip mealsn because if you ddo, there's no point in working out.

Wanna see a great change to you physique? Then start dieting now.

Also, lucozade drinks are a joke. Don't drink them. Sugar is something you want to remove as much from your diet as possible. Make your own isotonic drink if you must. It's not hard - water, salt and sugar.
I appreciate your input, and I'll take it all into consideration, but the only reason I was drinking lucozade is cause it was 2 for £1.60 at the Spar
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois
https://i47.tinypic.com/aepd1c.jpg

and im eating 2400 calories everyday fyi
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
Time to venture back into this thread lol.. uni exams are coming up in the next few weeks, so I figure some general exercise would go a long way to a better mental state..
HaiBai

HaiBai wrote:

http://i47.tinypic.com/aepd1c.jpg

oh also i couldnt record my weight on those 3 days where i weighed the exact same amount.  was on vacation.
HaiBai
God, I hate the shoulder exercises so much.  My upper body has some pretty shit strength, so I wanna build that up.  I do 10 pounds and I can get up to 12 reps.  So that means I move up a weight right?  So I go to 15 pounds, and my form goes to shit and I can barely do 8.  What do I do?  Go with the 10s or the 15s?
Brasso
+1,549|6622

my muscle milk apparently has crazy high levels of lead and cadmium.  thank you consumer reports (and costco, for letting me return a 2/3 empty container).

switching protein drinks now   suggestions?

HaiBai wrote:

wow, shit, how are you losing weight that fast?

Last edited by Brasso (2010-06-02 18:19:15)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HaiBai
I have no idea.  I'm at 158.8 now.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

HaiBai wrote:

well....for starters, what have you been doing?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HaiBai

Brasso wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

well....for starters, what have you been doing?
Weight train 3 times a week, cardio 3 times a week, and a rest day.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
HaiBai

Jebus wrote:

http://www.pushupslogger.com/plog/show_user/105201

Finished week 2.
That thing doesn't have you doing push ups everyday does it?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium

HaiBai wrote:

Jebus wrote:

http://www.pushupslogger.com/plog/show_user/105201

Finished week 2.
That thing doesn't have you doing push ups everyday does it?
Every other day.
Can't go to the gym for some weeks, so I figured I'd 'keep in shape' at home, doing abs/pullups every other day, and push ups the other every other day
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver

Brasso wrote:

my muscle milk apparently has crazy high levels of lead and cadmium.  thank you consumer reports (and costco, for letting me return a 2/3 empty container).

switching protein drinks now   suggestions?

HaiBai wrote:

wow, shit, how are you losing weight that fast?
https://lbnutrition.com/Catalog/nfoscomm/catalog/images/myofusion5.gif
or
https://www.newyorkpudding.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/optimum-100-whey-protein.jpg

Good job on the BF losses man.  Keep it up.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-06-03 07:20:17)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
Arms Workout 6/2/2010

Simultaneous Dumbbell Curls

warmup set of 20 followed by three sets of 12

French Curls aka Skull Crushers

warmup set of 20 three sets of 12

Spider Curls

three sets of 12

One handed Seated Extensions

three sets of 12

Incline Isolation Curls

three sets of 12

Ticep Kickback

three sets of 12

21's  (if you dont know what 21's are you're missing out)

basically three sets of 21.

Cable Pushdown

three sets of twelve

30 min Cardio

Bascially split walking high incline and jogging on threadmill.

Back tonight   <3 back day!
lrishpride
+68|5140
Hey guys, I lost my account password and sold my gaming PC so I wasn't able to log on till now with the help of FM!

Been hard at it, absolutely burnt out now, not even going to football training.

Yesterday:

TRI: 3 sets 35, 40, 50 tricep dips
TRI: 3 sets dummbell 'pullover' @ 30KG (12 reps/set)
BACK: 3 sets bent over row @ 30KG
TRI: 3 sets close grip benchpress @ 34KG (12 reps/set)
TRI: 3 sets 20, 25, 30 close grip press-up
BACK: 3 sets (10 either hand/set) dumbbell row @ 30KG (20 reps/set)
TRI: 3 sets kickbacks @ 12KG (12 reps/set)
TRI/SH: 3 sets upright row @ 25KG (12 reps/set)
BACK: 3 sets MAX chin ups
SH: DB shoulder press @ 14KG (12reps/set)
SH: BB shoulder press @ 24KG (12 reps/set)
BACK: BACK: 3 sets bent over row @ 30KG
SH: 3 sets lateral raises (holding lat for 3 secs) @ 8KG (10 reps/set)
SH: 3 sets frontal raises (holding for 3 secs) @ 8KG (10 reps/set)

@Jebus: Still gotta do day 3 mate, holding on for it tomorrow after work cause I'm still mad stiff from yesterday, aiming for max @ 50...

Last edited by lrishpride (2010-06-03 12:10:20)

HaiBai
how accurate are these body fat % things?  i hold onto the handles, input my weight, height, etc.  and it gives me a percentage.  but im starting to wonder how accurate it is.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
Ate like shit today
Had some kind of 'last day of highschool' celebration with the class, ofcourse I ate quite some potato chips.. cravings, argh!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard