SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6675|The darkside of Denver
I need to start coming down.  I want to lean back down to around 9-10% and get my stomach in order... Wifey is working on a new diet and workout plan for me  

Tell ya what, having both my wife and my sister as personal trainers really is an advantage.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6825|Marathon, Florida Keys
Amazing what changing 3x10 to 5x5 on every exercise can do when you plateau.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
baggs
+732|6220
yeah you have to keep those bad boys guessing
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6825|Marathon, Florida Keys
Yeah i know and its not just muscle strength its fat loss too. I got to the point where i wasn't burning any more fat or gaining any strength. I went from curling 50lb dumbells to 60's in just 3 weeks, +40lbs on my bench, doing 210 on lat pulldowns oppose to 180 before, and i lost like 10lbs i can actually start to see the outline of my abs now for the first time in my life.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
lrishpride
+68|5164

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Yeah i know and its not just muscle strength its fat loss too. I got to the point where i wasn't burning any more fat or gaining any strength. I went from curling 50lb dumbells to 60's in just 3 weeks, +40lbs on my bench, doing 210 on lat pulldowns oppose to 180 before, and i lost like 10lbs i can actually start to see the outline of my abs now for the first time in my life.
Haha that's a nice feeling dude. I know what you're going through!

It's awesome running your fingers across them and feeling the ridges and what-not.

Someday I'll have real abs, some day...

:wishes:
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6463|Boulder, CO
Just thought I would ask for a bit of non vital advice here gents.

My abs are a very strange situation it seems, the left hand side of my abdominals are advancing very nicely,  sort of 50% of the way towards zimmers if you will. My right hand side is nowhere near as well developed as that, they look almost normal. They are solid as anything but they're just not as developed as my left hand side.

This doesn't seem to make a huge amount of sense to me as its all one big muscle group but I think the blame may come from last january when I had a horrible flu virus that caused my to have long coughing fits that would cause me to draw my left knee up into my chest and almost double over even though the coughing caused my abdominals to tenst up fully for a minute or two at a time every 15-20 minutes. This lasted for about a week and a half.

I'm currently doing the P90x ab routine every other night but I would like to know if there is any decent way of equalising them out without simply continuing as I am doing until the left side plateaus and the right catches up.

Cheers guys.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

Noobeater wrote:

Just thought I would ask for a bit of non vital advice here gents.

My abs are a very strange situation it seems, the left hand side of my abdominals are advancing very nicely,  sort of 50% of the way towards zimmers if you will. My right hand side is nowhere near as well developed as that, they look almost normal. They are solid as anything but they're just not as developed as my left hand side.

This doesn't seem to make a huge amount of sense to me as its all one big muscle group but I think the blame may come from last january when I had a horrible flu virus that caused my to have long coughing fits that would cause me to draw my left knee up into my chest and almost double over even though the coughing caused my abdominals to tenst up fully for a minute or two at a time every 15-20 minutes. This lasted for about a week and a half.

I'm currently doing the P90x ab routine every other night but I would like to know if there is any decent way of equalising them out without simply continuing as I am doing until the left side plateaus and the right catches up.

Cheers guys.
Yes, concentrate on side crunches targeting that specific side of abs. When doing crunches, put extra pressure on your right hand side. Quite basic things really, it's like having a weaker bicep. Do more on that bicep till it has levelled out. Same goes for abs.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6130|Tampa, Florida
Xcountry practice today, then took a few hours off and hit the gym. Some tard sat on the preacher bench for an hour and a half doing curls while I did other crap waiting for him to finish, which he never did.

My body fat is consistently lowering and my abs are starting to show nicely now, by the end of summer my body should be about where I want it build wise.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6613|Seattle

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5780|Belgium
OT story here

Just came back from a party, the first one with a regular shirt on, because the weather allowed it (I normally go out with some kind of hoodie/ w/e)
Some friends I hadn't seen for a while were also there, and I'm not kidding you when I got at least 5 remarks saying 'have you been working out?'

Awesome feeling that other persons can notice you've been working hard, it sure is motivating
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6675|The darkside of Denver

Jebus wrote:

OT story here

Just came back from a party, the first one with a regular shirt on, because the weather allowed it (I normally go out with some kind of hoodie/ w/e)
Some friends I hadn't seen for a while were also there, and I'm not kidding you when I got at least 5 remarks saying 'have you been working out?'

Awesome feeling that other persons can notice you've been working hard, it sure is motivating
Yeah I feel ya.  I love the comments, whenever I see old friends I cant help but to be excited about what they will say.  Just be careful, its easy to let it go to your head

*Also, working out after giving blood is a BAD idea. Just thought I'd add this

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-05-21 19:22:02)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6568|Scotland
Haha jebus i know what you mean did 8 weeks of a 16 week program before i damaged my hand (needed surgery) went to a party and two people asked aswell. Was good feeling
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6172|Vancouver | Canada
I absolutely love that day-after sore muscle feeling.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6766
Anyone know of any good compression shorts or compression boxers? All this jogging is causing chafeing!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

theDude5B wrote:

Anyone know of any good compression shorts or compression boxers? All this jogging is causing chafeing!
Any cycling shorts (that's what I call them) will do the trick. Nike, Adidas, McDavid, Puma all do them. I have a McDavid and Adidas pair. Prefer McDavid, but I paid a lot more for them.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6766

Zimmer wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Any cycling shorts (that's what I call them) will do the trick. Nike, Adidas, McDavid, Puma all do them. I have a McDavid and Adidas pair. Prefer McDavid, but I paid a lot more for them.
How long are they? I don't want them to extend further than my normal shorts.
Where did you get them?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

theDude5B wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

How long are they? I don't want them to extend further than my normal shorts.
Where did you get them?
Greaves has a great selection. Most places do.

Erm, you can get different length, but why don't you want them running below your shorts? Makes no difference, and it makes you look sexy anyway.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6766
Yeah I guess the length doesn't really matter. Cheers man, will take a look in Greaves tomorrow.
lrishpride
+68|5164
Does anybody here read Mens Health. Some seriously good shit in there.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6207|Roma

lrishpride wrote:

Does anybody here read Mens Health. Some seriously good shit in there.
*Waits for the shootdown*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
lrishpride
+68|5164
No man, it does have genuinely good stuff.

Go buy an issue and see...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6207|Roma
I'll wait thanks.
Generally recycling the same shit over and over, with 'miracle workouts' for your abs that aren't miracles, they still take a lot of effort.
lrishpride
+68|5164

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I'll wait thanks.
Generally recycling the same shit over and over, with 'miracle workouts' for your abs that aren't miracles, they still take a lot of effort.
Yeah.. But if you find yourself on a 2 hour bus ride by yourself some of the stuff is interesting. They don't just deal with workouts and what-not. They got some interesting studies n shit on sex and stuff. It's fun to read and you can learn a lot.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

Mens health is one issue recycled 3000 times. That is all it is. The workouts are mostly okay, but none of them are earth shattering. The ab workouts are usually the most disappointing.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6207|Roma

Zimmer wrote:

Mens health is one issue recycled 3000 times. That is all it is. The workouts are mostly okay, but none of them are earth shattering. The ab workouts are usually the most disappointing.
*Pow*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard