baggs
+732|6359

Zimmer wrote:

lrishpride wrote:

Would be awesome guys. And Zimmer eating nothing does work man haha I was very overweight when i was 15-16 and lost it all in one summer of starving myself. I'd eat like my cereal in the morning, a sandwhich when I got home from school and then I'd eat half my dinner. I used to fill my stomach with water and be pissing all day lol. But it definitely worked. 100%. I was running like fuck too.

You guys gotta do that. I want to be sex-c like Baggzzzz<3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & Butch like Sonder<3333333333. I've never seena pic of Zimmer, do show mate, do show¬!
/facepalm.

You don't seem to understand how the body works. You don't eat, you don't get big or toned. You might lose weight, but you don't lose FAT, you lose MUSCLE. The muscles need to constantly fed, and if you neglect that but keep working out then all you're doing is depriving your muscles of vital nutrients. You only lose fat (and you don't technically lose it) if you do strength training and feed the muscles.

Dude, I know what I'm talking about, and I can guarantee you both Sonder and Baggs will back me up on what I just said. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to diet.

Eating 6 times a day speedens up your metabolism to levels you can't even imagine, which then allows you to train more and actually feed your muscles. If you just deprive yourself of food you're weakening all your muscles and being incredibly unhealthy.

And I did post a picture of myself
http://arktive.com/me5.jpg on page 45. That's after a 48 hour rest and pre-workout.

I've been reading about these things and following them for long enough to tell you that what you were doing was incredibly unhealthy and tottally pointless. I guarantee you I can lose more weight in 4 weeks than you can in 2 months following my nutrition than yours. Drinking water all day should be part of any diet anyway.

If you start starving yourself now, you're never ever going to be like Sonder or Baggs. Fact.
I'm starting to come to terms with the fact Irish is just full'o'troll because i really can't see how he is so naive.

I completely agree with what Zimmer says, you need to eat Irish, it's the only way you'll grow. You can eat a fucktonne and put on the muscle but you need to align that with FAT burning if you want to have a great body. Theres no easy route mate.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6808

Zimmer wrote:

Eating 6 times a day speedens up your metabolism to levels you can't even imagine, which then allows you to train more and actually feed your muscles. If you just deprive yourself of food you're weakening all your muscles and being incredibly unhealthy.
Abstract

Several epidemiological studies have observed an inverse relationship between people's habitual frequency of eating and body weight, leading to the suggestion that a ‘nibbling’ meal pattern may help in the avoidance of obesity. A review of all pertinent studies shows that, although many fail to find any significant relationship, the relationship is consistently inverse in those that do observe a relationship. However, this finding is highly vulnerable to the probable confounding effects of post hoc changes in dietary patterns as a consequence of weight gain and to dietary under-reporting which undoubtedly invalidates some of the studies. We conclude that the epidemiological evidence is at best very weak, and almost certainly represents an artefact. A detailed review of the possible mechanistic explanations for a metabolic advantage of nibbling meal patterns failed to reveal significant benefits in respect of energy expenditure. Although some short-term studies suggest that the thermic effect of feeding is higher when an isoenergetic test load is divided into multiple small meals, other studies refute this, and most are neutral. More importantly, studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging.

Finally, with the exception of a single study, there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency. We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation.
Bellisle F et. al. Meal frequency and energy balance.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

Lucien wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Abstract

Several epidemiological studies have observed an inverse relationship between people's habitual frequency of eating and body weight, leading to the suggestion that a ‘nibbling’ meal pattern may help in the avoidance of obesity. A review of all pertinent studies shows that, although many fail to find any significant relationship, the relationship is consistently inverse in those that do observe a relationship. However, this finding is highly vulnerable to the probable confounding effects of post hoc changes in dietary patterns as a consequence of weight gain and to dietary under-reporting which undoubtedly invalidates some of the studies. We conclude that the epidemiological evidence is at best very weak, and almost certainly represents an artefact. A detailed review of the possible mechanistic explanations for a metabolic advantage of nibbling meal patterns failed to reveal significant benefits in respect of energy expenditure. Although some short-term studies suggest that the thermic effect of feeding is higher when an isoenergetic test load is divided into multiple small meals, other studies refute this, and most are neutral. More importantly, studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging.

Finally, with the exception of a single study, there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency. We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation.
Bellisle F et. al. Meal frequency and energy balance.
Wooo we have an idiot.

Did you even read what that said? It said "nibbling". Did I ever mention "nibbling" or "snacking"? No. When I say eat 6 times a day. I mean EAT. I mean take in as much as you can so you aren't hungry.

Did that study include the fact that you're working out 3x a week? No.
Did that study talk about the sorts of food you eat a day? No.
Did that study actually prove for or against anything I said? No.

Please Lucien, if you're gonna troll, do it elsewhere, I'm not interested in massive quotes from some study that mean fuck all.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6808
there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency.
Disagreeing by means of a study is trolling now? That whole post sounds like roid rage to me
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
baggs
+732|6359

Lucien wrote:

there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency.
Disagreeing by means of a study is trolling now? That whole post sounds like roid rage to me
Meal frequency whilst dieting (for general weight loss) as opposed to meal frequency whilst trying to gain muscle are worlds apart Lucien.

Try harder.

Last edited by baggs (2010-05-19 05:39:17)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

Lucien wrote:

The study doesn't disagree...

Fuck, now you're just annoying me. Look, it's quite simple.

You muscles need to be fed. A lot. If you constantly work out and don't feed them, they don't grow and just stretch. If you eat a lot and work out properly, all the nutrients go into the muscle building and none of it gets converted into fat cells. As well as this, the muscles will feed on the fat cells to grow even more. Although fat cells never disappear, they can "deflate" and all the nutrients inside them get removed and moved elsewhere in the body.

Keeping a balanced diet and a routine of eating allows your muscles to always have a good amount of nutrients in them and it's vital that you're never hungry. That study is doing fat loss based on DIET ALONE. Fuck sake, it just annoys me when some smartass like you tries to just disprove everything with a pointless study.

How about you go read the entire nutrition book from the P90X exercise regime? Or Tom Venuto - Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle? Or Stronglifts? Or any other diet book intended for people working out for that matter.

I know you like to get up peoples noses with smartass posts and posts "trying" to prove other members wrong, but please just go elsewhere. You're wasting space here.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium

Zimmer wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Sounds great, would really appreciate it

I would like some tips on working out harder, and more efficient if possible. With some exercises I'm really using the max weight I can, but I'm not 'feeling' it afterwards, or w/e..
Have you started my suggestion? Or did you go for Sonders?
Not yet, gonna renew my membership after my exams.. I should try your advice before asking again, really. So ignore my question
SamTheMan
­
+341|5296|Stoke, England
decided to start working out again, did my weights fine and everything then as soon as i started running on the treadmill i went dizzy as fuck and felt really sick.

is it just because its the first time ive been working out in ages or something to do with my diet? only eaten toast and drank water + lucozade sport all day though.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

SamTheMan wrote:

decided to start working out again, did my weights fine and everything then as soon as i started running on the treadmill i went dizzy as fuck and felt really sick.

is it just because its the first time ive been working out in ages or something to do with my diet? only eaten toast and drank water + lucozade sport all day though.
It will be a bit of both, but mainly the part where you haven't worked out in ages.

There are plenty of diet tips in the past 3/4 pages if you need any help on that.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5296|Stoke, England
alright, will have a read, cheers
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6706|Scotland
Yeah Zimmer, a super post would be insanely useful I think.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
By the way, in the coming two months or so I won't be able to go to the gym. I was planning to cut down/lose fat in that period anyway. So far I've still been eating a lot, but healthy, banned sodas/sugary drinks and most of the candy. Combining that with a few litres of water a day

Doing cardio too (HIIT or regular long-distance running, which is the best for fat loss?), is there anything else I can do?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

By the way, in the coming two months or so I won't be able to go to the gym. I was planning to cut down/lose fat in that period anyway. So far I've still been eating a lot, but healthy, banned sodas/sugary drinks and most of the candy. Combining that with a few litres of water a day

Doing cardio too (HIIT or regular long-distance running, which is the best for fat loss?), is there anything else I can do?
If you can't go to the gym then I suggest you cut down on the "eating a lot" as all the nutrients are basically going nowhere.

Keep drinking water, but either reduce the size of the meals or cut down on the number of meals if you want lose fat.... But Jebus, I saw your pic... you literally have no fat on you, what's the problem lol?

Neither is "best for fat loss", as I said before, Cardio merely speedens up fat loss - it's workouts and eating that cut the fat - so it's entirely up to you.

Not really, but I'm still trying to understand why you want to lose weight. Are you not like 65kg?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
I'm 1m70, and weigh about 70KG, with a fat % of 9-11%.

Right now I'm having 3 'big' meals a day (meaning I eat till I'm full), and then some 2 or 3 snacks (like an apple) througout the day.
Maybe I shouldn't be wanting to lose fat, but maintain this % instead.
Mainly, I was wanting to lose more fat to make the muscles 'show' more, but I guess I can't show what I ain't got, and I better don't push it or I'll go looking like a skinny fuck?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

The way your body works is that you actually need to gain fat and muscle, before you can lose that fat properly and "bulk up" or "tone up". Basically, your remaining fat is very hard to get rid of, and it's better to just bulk up (eat a hell of a lot, 5x a day and workout) and then gradually burn the fat you've gained along with the muscle.

Maintaining that % is a question of eating right and doing a bit of cardio then, which is what you're already doing.

I must be thinking of someone else or it must have been a bad picture, because I recall you being pretty skinny in the first place (no offense, I know you said you'd bulked up a lot since before you started working out). Maybe I've got the wrong picture in my head, but gaining a bit of fat isn't bad, especially if you know in 2 months time you can work it off properly.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6814|The darkside of Denver
Zimmer you sure do know your shit man.  Props brohas.  Anyways, I would be down for a master post or whatever, Im pretty busy all the rest of the week to have a meeting over vent or anything and I work all weekend.  But next week we should be able to work something out.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6723|Mountains of NC

lovin this warm weather ..... I can do more shit outside ..... sled pull, tire flips, truck pulls

staying couped up in the gym starts to wear thin with me
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6814|The darkside of Denver

SEREMAKER wrote:

lovin this warm weather ..... I can do more shit outside ..... sled pull, tire flips, truck pulls

That's awesome Sere!  You training for strongest man type stuff?  I read an interesting article about one of those guys.  Homeboy would boil up chicken breasts, then put them in a blender with water to make a chicken shake, buhhhhhhh.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6723|Mountains of NC

SonderKommando wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

That's awesome Sere!  You training for strongest man type stuff?  I read an interesting article about one of those guys.  Homeboy would boil up chicken breasts, then put them in a blender with water to make a chicken shake, buhhhhhhh.
been doing it for about 8 years and lovin every moment of it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK

Zimmer wrote:

The difference between me and Sonder is that he's constantly bulking up, which is why carbs are quite useful
That's why I thought he would eat more carbs, especially considering how big he is. I eat absolutely tons of everything, 200g of protein, 500-600g of carbs and loads of fruit and veg. Started drinking more water recently too, like 8 pints a day.
lrishpride
+68|5303
I love this thread and everything about it but every-time I post I get raged at. I understand why, but you guys could be more helpful...

Zimmer/Baggs/Sonder/Jebus etc... If you could, please make out a weekly exercise and diet program. And I promise to all my heart I will genuinely follow every word of it and post all results in both posts and images.

I intend do to 3 hard sessions of weight training a week. Ideally; 1 day chest and legs, 2nd day biceps and shoulders, & 3rd day triceps and back. 2 days of tough endurance and speed running session. And a tough weight losing light/med weights circuit training session.

I'll give some basic details as to what I'm doing right now so you understand my limitations and what-not. I know this would require some work guys but it would stop all the /facepalm.gif in this thread when I post.

First off I'll outline my goals for November 2010.
- 75KG by (Currently 86KG)
- Lean (like baggs<3)
- Improvement on my skin (facial - fuck you acne!)
- I'd like to bench-press 10 reps of 60KG, 15KG higher than what I'm currently doing (45KG)
- Big chest (needed to cover up my deformity [Google Pectus Carinatum/Pigeon Chest])
- Flat, lean firm stomach

Right now I'm skinny-fat. I've put on weight like fuck over the past 3 or so months. Well, I've actually only put on 6KG but the difference is massive! I've been binge drinking and eating like fuck, all of which I have stopped this day 2 weeks ago now. I'll post up an image later this evening. I am taking 1.5 scoops of some un-named dodgy Whey Protein I take once pre-workout - link.

I'm living at home so what I eat is mainly based on whats in the house. In fairness to my mam it's all very healthy food, lots of fruit and veg, lean meats, organic foods. I just spend too much time up the chippy . I'm available to eat at 8AM, 12PM, 5PM, and 8PM. I normally eat a huge breakfast, large lunch and average sized dinner.

I need to be put in line lads, HELP ME PLEASE!!!

E: The main fat I want to lose is my lower stomach and lower back. My legs dont have a bit of fat on them, either do my arms.

Last edited by lrishpride (2010-05-19 11:34:29)

lrishpride
+68|5303
Pics as promised:

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/Image0287.jpg

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/Image0290.jpg

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/Image0286.jpg
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma
Here we go guys, thought i'd pay back some of the pics already posted.
What do you think? Pretty much as defined as I can be atm, did a few cheeky curls and presses beforehand to help

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/100519-201014.jpg

I'm about 168cm (5 foot 6) and 58Kg (127Lbs)..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
baggs
+732|6359
@ Irish, i wouldnt worry about losing any more weight, theres fuck all on you as it is. If you do the right workouts you burn excess fat off anyway and your muscle will progress thru. Body weight exercises use twitch fibre muscle which in turn will activate more fat burning. So look towards press up sets, dips, pull ups etc...

@ private, looking good mate. you've certainley got the right shape coming along you got quite a tidy cut forming between your pecs there.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma
Lol, i've had that 'cut between my pecs' since I was about 14.
I can truthfully say, I have put on minimal weight in the last 3-5 months, not sure how much I have toned up though, didn't take a before pic, but I do feel more 'full' in certain t-shirts
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard