Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK
fucking hell, i can only squat 100kg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6814|The darkside of Denver

Vilham wrote:

thats good man!  I can actually max at 165kg.  But it took awhile to get my legs that strong.  The deep squats I do help alot, your legs will explode!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK
well my legs are by far my strongest part, im currently just doing back & biceps, tris & chest, bulk up my top half. trying to gain another stone or so.
SonderKommando
when you Europeans says 'stone' what do you mean?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK
14lb to a stone. Im 13.5 stone which is 86kg.
SonderKommando
ah got it, thanks.  Its an interesting unit of measure to say the least.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium

Vilham wrote:

Heh, my legs feel like they're going to implode when I do my sets with 70kg.. Don't feel too bad ^^

1-2 rep's gotta be higher then, I'm sure
lrishpride
+68|5303
I hurt so bad!!! Incline flyes fuck me up man! I love em so much though!

This thread is awesome. I come here for inspiration all the time (thx Sonder, Zimmer, Baggs, etc...)

Baggs your body is fucking sex mate. I'd tap that.

Oh and Vilim i'm currently the same weight (85KG) looking to lose 10KG before September.

Been running like fuck and eating fuck all, so I havn't seen much improvements muscle-mass or anything.

Like this is my diary entry today (including ALL i eat) to help me keep focused:

Diary wrote:

Tuesday 18th-05-10

Skin: 7/10
Body: 7/10
Mood: 8/10

8:10AM: Breakfast - Honey-nut cornflakes + 2 glasses of water + 2 slices of BROWN toast (with butter) + tea
8:30AM: Shower
8:45AM: Cleaned room
8:50AM: 1 X 25 press-ups + 50 sit-ups
9:00AM: Work

12:00PM: Lunch - 2 wraps with 2 slices ham, 1 slice of cheese and tomato sauce / wrap + cereal + water
1:00PM: Work

5:30PM: Dinner - 1 wrap with 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese and tomato sauce + 2 glasses of water
7:00PM: Hurling training
9:00PM: Shower
10:00PM: 1 X 25 press-ups + 50 sit-ups
10:20PM: Talk to Orlaith
10:55PM: 2 glasses of water + banana
11:00PM:
Such an im-balanced diet, yesterday was so much better!

Diary wrote:

Monday 17th-05-2010

Mood: 7/10

11AM: Found car door, looks promising
11AM: Breakfast - Honey-nut cornflakes + 2 glasses of water + a banana
12PM: Shower

1PM: 2X25 Press-ups and 100 sit-ups
2PM: Cleaned room
3PM: Exercise: 40 minute jog + 80 minute workout (chest, legs, core, and biceps) [W/ Protein]
4:45PM: Lunch - Apple, tea + chocolate biscuit & a glass of water

5PM: Emptied car & helped set table
6PM: Shower
7PM: Dinner - Turkey balls & Basmati rice
8PM: Cleaned shed & cold-room + fixed printer
8:30PM: 4 X 5 pull-ups
9PM: Talked to Orlaith on the phone
9:30PM: Watched movie - How to Train a Dragon [9/10]
11:00PM: In bed

Last edited by lrishpride (2010-05-18 14:55:30)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK
how tall are u? im pretty tall so im trying to gain a bit more muscle.
SonderKommando
Fuuuuu i hate what i've done to my body sometimes.  Im literally starving and I've eaten this so far today:

4 egg whites 2 yolks 6am
1 cup of oats with three strawberries 8am
10oz of baked chicken breast with fine shreeded pepperjack and 1 apple - 12noon
1/2 cup raw almonds - 1ish
1 cup brown rice, 1/2 lb of 96/4 ground beef, and 1/2 cup of broccoli- 3pm

its currently 4:42m.... wtf.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK
ill tell you why.... where the fuck are your carbs?
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5639|Bolingbrook, Illinois

lrishpride wrote:

Diary wrote:

Tuesday 18th-05-10

8:10AM: Breakfast - Honey-nut cornflakes + 2 glasses of water + 2 slices of BROWN toast (with butter) + tea

12:00PM: Lunch - 2 wraps with 2 slices ham, 1 slice of cheese and tomato sauce / wrap + cereal + water

5:30PM: Dinner - 1 wrap with 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese and tomato sauce + 2 glasses of water
Just wondering, why do you do press ups and sit ups after you shower? 
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6269|Tampa, Florida
Had xcountry today and went to the gym a couple hour afterwards. Ran a 2 mile warmup and then 6 200m dashes at 30 second pace with 25 pushups in between each one.

Also, whats an alternative to standing military press? I'm worried about messing up my back and I'd rather do a safer alternative.
SonderKommando

Vilham wrote:

you crazy?  I get carbs in my protein shakes cause i use milk, carbs in my oats, carbs in my fruit, carbs in my rice, carbs in meh veggies.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
Haha, that should be a song Sonder

"I get carbs in my protein shakes cause i use milk,
carbs in my oats, carbs in my fruit,
carbs in my rice, carbs in meh veggies."
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

Vilham wrote:

Vilham, read up on nutrition books and stuff... You don't need carbs during the day, especially not to fill you up. Protein does that a hell of a lot more than carbohydrates will, due to their longer chains. You "fill up" a lot quicker by eating protein filled foods than carbs.

I don't eat carbs till my post-workout meal and I eat 6 times a day.

The difference between me and Sonder is that he's constantly bulking up, which is why carbs are quite useful, whilst I am just toning atm (I can't really bulk up massively until my posture is fixed, which could be over a year from now) and I can tell you for certain that you don't need carbs in a diet. Most human beings are actually intolerant to carbohydrates.

But Sonder is right, there is plenty of carbs in that diet. Oats are basically just carbs, rice as well. Although I disagree with the comments about carbs in fruit and veggies. There are very little carbs in veggies and the carbs in fruit are sugars, which aren't the long lasting carbs.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

lrishpride wrote:

I hurt so bad!!! Incline flyes fuck me up man! I love em so much though!

This thread is awesome. I come here for inspiration all the time (thx Sonder, Zimmer, Baggs, etc...)

Baggs your body is fucking sex mate. I'd tap that.

Oh and Vilim i'm currently the same weight (85KG) looking to lose 10KG before September.

Been running like fuck and eating fuck all, so I havn't seen much improvements muscle-mass or anything.

Like this is my diary entry today (including ALL i eat) to help me keep focused:

Diary wrote:

Tuesday 18th-05-10

Such an im-balanced diet, yesterday was so much better!

Diary wrote:

Monday 17th-05-2010

Mood: 7/10

11AM: Found car door, looks promising
11AM: Breakfast - Honey-nut cornflakes + 2 glasses of water + a banana
12PM: Shower

1PM: 2X25 Press-ups and 100 sit-ups
2PM: Cleaned room
3PM: Exercise: 40 minute jog + 80 minute workout (chest, legs, core, and biceps) [W/ Protein]
4:45PM: Lunch - Apple, tea + chocolate biscuit & a glass of water

5PM: Emptied car & helped set table
6PM: Shower
7PM: Dinner - Turkey balls & Basmati rice
8PM: Cleaned shed & cold-room + fixed printer
8:30PM: 4 X 5 pull-ups
9PM: Talked to Orlaith on the phone
9:30PM: Watched movie - How to Train a Dragon [9/10]
11:00PM: In bed
First of all, you're eating wrong. Second, you're doing sit ups, which is about the dumbest exercise you can do. Third, you're doing an 80 minute workout and a 40 minute jog on the same day. Fourth, you're eating carbs for dinner. Sixth, you shouldn't be doing extra core work outside of your workout.

Let me start with eating.

To lose weight, eating less DOES NOT WORK. Please, anybody that's looking to lose fat, ignore all the "don't eat" shit. It doesn't work and it's unhealthy.
You should be eating a proper diet. Eating 5-6 times a day (every 3 hours) and eating lots of veg, protein and wholemeal foods. Little or no carbs, only take them after a workout.
I've outlined several diet suggestions over the last 5 pages, find them and read over them.

As proof of this actually working, my picture should suffice. I started eating properly 3 months ago, and I've shedded all my fat and put on some serious muscle.

Sit ups??!!! Dude, do you not read any sort of workout books? I mean seriously... This has got to be the dumbest exercise ever created. You want six pack abs? You're never gonna get them with sit ups. All sit ups do is damage your back and tire you out. Nothing more.

You should be doing crunches. Try doing 100 proper crunches and then come back to me. You should be doing reverse crunches, incline crunches, bicycle crunches, oblique crunches, side crunches etc etc. You should be doing them once a day, in accordance to your workout, and then do them on your rest days.

80 minute workout? Utterly pointless. Keep it under an hour and work your muscles (which you clearly aren't with an 80 minute workout). Your muscles only build when they're resting, all you're doing here is tiring them out. 40 minute jog? Stupid stupid stupid. First of all, it shouldn't be done before a workout, it should be done after one. Second, you should be doing cardio on one of your rest days, not on the same workout day.

No carbs for dinner. There is no point in them. You don't need them when you go to sleep. Eat big, but don't eat carbs.

Doing extra core workouts and push ups during the day is not going to get you fitter or make you lose weight, all it's going to do is not all your muscles to rest and regenarate. Stop it. It's stupid and pointless. Do push ups with your workout, no other time.

You should be working out ONLY 3 times a week, with 48 hour rest periods between each workout. You should be doing cardio on one of those rest days (maybe two). Cardio doesn't make you lose fat or weight, it only speedens up the process. You shouldn't be working every part of your body on one workout, you should be alternating.

With your current workout objectives and way you're going about this, you're not gonna get anywhere.

To everyone, and Sonder and Baggs

As it's usually me and Sonder and Baggs who mainly contribute here, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to create a super post with all the details from each of our regimes and tips and extras on how to achieve your goals.

Sonder, Baggs, you up for gathering some info together (have a chat or whatever) and establishing something so I (or you guys) can write it up.

I think, by the looks of it, it would be more helpful to everyone here if there was just an uber post about everything, rather than having to go back and forward on this topic. It gets tedious having to repeat things to guys new to the workout regime when it was said 3 pages back

To the rest of the guys, what are your thoughts? Do you want something that contains all the info you'd like about working out?
Say something like
- Diet
- Goals
- Exercises
- Tips how to do exercises properly
- Get stronger
- Get leaner
- Workout Regimes
- Vital information

And so on.
Opinions?
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6602|Boulder, CO
Sounds a good plan zimmer.
Brasso
+1,549|6785

Noobeater wrote:

Sounds a good plan zimmer.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
baggs
+732|6359

Zimmer wrote:

To everyone, and Sonder and Baggs

As it's usually me and Sonder and Baggs who mainly contribute here, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to create a super post with all the details from each of our regimes and tips and extras on how to achieve your goals.

Sonder, Baggs, you up for gathering some info together (have a chat or whatever) and establishing something so I (or you guys) can write it up.

I think, by the looks of it, it would be more helpful to everyone here if there was just an uber post about everything, rather than having to go back and forward on this topic. It gets tedious having to repeat things to guys new to the workout regime when it was said 3 pages back

To the rest of the guys, what are your thoughts? Do you want something that contains all the info you'd like about working out?
Say something like
- Diet
- Goals
- Exercises
- Tips how to do exercises properly
- Get stronger
- Get leaner
- Workout Regimes
- Vital information

And so on.
Opinions?
It would be a great idea, it would save time and a serious amount of facepalming to be fair. I'm not sure when i can dedicate some time to it tho, i'm off all next week but we are moving flat this weekend then i start at the Prison on the 31st May and have my eight weeks training. I think i have some redundant time in the evenings when i'm away but i can't be sure on that.

It's an absolutley sterling idea and it could help enthuse some other members on the forum, as you said, the thread at the moment is a total gang fuck of information, mostly good but with some severe inaccuracies.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
Sounds great, would really appreciate it

I would like some tips on working out harder, and more efficient if possible. With some exercises I'm really using the max weight I can, but I'm not 'feeling' it afterwards, or w/e..
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Sounds great, would really appreciate it

I would like some tips on working out harder, and more efficient if possible. With some exercises I'm really using the max weight I can, but I'm not 'feeling' it afterwards, or w/e..
Have you started my suggestion? Or did you go for Sonders?
lrishpride
+68|5303
Would be awesome guys. And Zimmer eating nothing does work man haha I was very overweight when i was 15-16 and lost it all in one summer of starving myself. I'd eat like my cereal in the morning, a sandwhich when I got home from school and then I'd eat half my dinner. I used to fill my stomach with water and be pissing all day lol. But it definitely worked. 100%. I was running like fuck too.

You guys gotta do that. I want to be sex-c like Baggzzzz<3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & Butch like Sonder<3333333333. I've never seena pic of Zimmer, do show mate, do show¬!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6911|Scotland

lrishpride wrote:

Would be awesome guys. And Zimmer eating nothing does work man haha I was very overweight when i was 15-16 and lost it all in one summer of starving myself. I'd eat like my cereal in the morning, a sandwhich when I got home from school and then I'd eat half my dinner. I used to fill my stomach with water and be pissing all day lol. But it definitely worked. 100%. I was running like fuck too.

You guys gotta do that. I want to be sex-c like Baggzzzz<3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & Butch like Sonder<3333333333. I've never seena pic of Zimmer, do show mate, do show¬!
/facepalm.

You don't seem to understand how the body works. You don't eat, you don't get big or toned. You might lose weight, but you don't lose FAT, you lose MUSCLE. The muscles need to constantly fed, and if you neglect that but keep working out then all you're doing is depriving your muscles of vital nutrients. You only lose fat (and you don't technically lose it) if you do strength training and feed the muscles.

Dude, I know what I'm talking about, and I can guarantee you both Sonder and Baggs will back me up on what I just said. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to diet.

Eating 6 times a day speedens up your metabolism to levels you can't even imagine, which then allows you to train more and actually feed your muscles. If you just deprive yourself of food you're weakening all your muscles and being incredibly unhealthy.

And I did post a picture of myself
https://arktive.com/me5.jpg on page 45. That's after a 48 hour rest and pre-workout.

I've been reading about these things and following them for long enough to tell you that what you were doing was incredibly unhealthy and tottally pointless. I guarantee you I can lose more weight in 4 weeks than you can in 2 months following my nutrition than yours. Drinking water all day should be part of any diet anyway.

If you start starving yourself now, you're never ever going to be like Sonder or Baggs. Fact.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard