Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Taking up swimming this summer. I can't swim well, but I have aspirations at work that require strong swimming. Have faith in me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I have faith in you. Get a bottle of chlorine shampoo and a pair of goggles with a good seal. Nosepiece/cap optional, depending. Fins when you want to go ham.

Lessons? Hopefully they show the warmups.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6290|Washington St.
Not to blatantly gate-keep but speaking as a former lifeguard you had better be a DAMN good swimmer if you're going to wear a nosepiece and cap, unless you have very long hair.

Leave the fins for the ocean swims. The pool is way too short to make use of those and if you're there for exercise and to be a better swimmer, it will completely ruin that (your form is different with fins).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Counterpoint, a decent size pool is perfectly fine for fins if they allow it. Of course you won't wear them all the time if you want to work on technique not involving them (which I'm sure will be covered in lessons), but they're still a fun diversion. Feels kind of trippy when I take them off after a half-an-hour or so.

I'm not really sure what kind of swimming Adams expects he'll be doing. I'm assuming not underwater demolitions.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Underwater firefighting
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Exactly
Adams_BJ
I haven't drowned yet, I give credit to you guys
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Remember to only breathe when your head is above water
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
No, you can breathe out when your head is under water, but only breathe in when your head is above water.

I'm a little surprised Ken doesn't know this TBH
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard