Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I've lately been cooking up rice then dicing a chicken breast, chuck that into a freezer bag (not snap lock) and chucking in some Moroccan spice mix. Shake and move the pieces around in the bag (with one hand holding the end closed by twisting it and looping the twisted end around a finger or two) then once covered empty contents into a heated frying pan with a few sprays of oil (I use coconut) and slowly fry on low-ish heat till cooked.

Once chicken is cooked you can add the rice in and stir at high heat till warm. Put into a large bowl and add a couple squeezes of lemon juice to taste.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-02-12 18:15:42)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
I live on eggs, bacon, milk and beefburgers.

cba with that meal prepping shit
inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

I live on eggs, bacon, milk and beefburgers.

cba with that meal prepping shit
basically the way my lunches are now and I don't really make a dinner that takes more than 30 minutes to prepare.
baggs
+732|6206
This thread needs a good picture critique section, all well and good people talking about lifting, physical and visual results is where its at too
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Meh, my physique isn't impressive, though I've certainly gained muscle, there is not question about that. Spent a long time spinning my wheels where I was starting from being a bit overweight and before that being skinny and not strong my whole life. So from that perspective yeah, I've certainly made progress, just not as quickly or along the path as I should be.

This year is the year though. Starting with Andy Morgan from rippedbody.jp who is a diet coach, he coaches along the lines of Leangains style IF and has had many impressive results. After doing a body recomp for three months I might have something worth showing. From there on, assuming my body is lean (it's not too far off now, jeans are a loose size 32 waist) I will spend the rest of the year slowly bulking.

The core of my routine is down and I have been adding in an auxiliary exercise every workout to address my shoulder issues, which I'm slowly getting on top of. I am currently deadlifting 115kg for seven reps, which is a record for me, squatting 95kg below parallel but have stalled on my bench a bit whilst I correct my form. I've been slowly cutting since November last year and have lost around 6kg. From here on it will take much time and effort, but I know I will see results this year and by next summer (Aussie time) I should be quite chuffed with myself, all things going to plan.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-02-15 04:05:40)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The bloke on the right is a friend of a friend.
https://www.gmv.com.au/images/09%20bodybuilding%20pix/INBA-PRODUCT-PAGE.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The hell do they do with those swords? Battle kangaroos?
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
They use them to live out their Conan / Xena fantasies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
None of my Xena fantasies involve swords
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Baggs just wants to get naked for us. Go nuts baggs.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Baggs just wants to get naked for us. Go nuts baggs.

Adams_BJ wrote:

naked for us. Go nuts baggs.

Adams_BJ wrote:

naked nuts baggs.

Adams_BJ wrote:

naked nut bags.
Adams_BJ
I'm down!

feels like forever since I've been in the gym. But a girl just complimented me on my 'v' lines. Fuck her. look at my shoulders, bitch.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Fuck her.
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc482/Monsterr707/do-it-phaggot.gif
Adams_BJ
I love that gif. Thankyou
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
I'm happy enough where I am right now, got more tone/shape than a lot of people I know, decent weight, and fill out my clothes a bit.
Would take too much commitment and keeping to a regular schedule that I can't do to go much further very quickly.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Jaekus wrote:

Hodge Twins, bitches

LOL
LOOK AT THAT FORM MAN LOOK AT IT NOW RESPECT IT.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
New PR, 6x 120kg deadlifts.

feelsgoodbro.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
I had an interview at a modelling agency couple of days ago. Went well and everything, but the issue is that I'm not built enough to be one of those photo shoot blokes you see in the cologne ads, but I'm not skinny enough to be one of those twigs strutting on the catwalk.
Naturally, after all the work I've put in, I'm not going to go back to being skinny. So I need to bulk up more, which I'm already doing, but also faster.
Now I know that there are no short curts, but I have been stalling lately, not as much in my lifts but on my weight. Creatine isn't working its wonders like it did a couple of lbs ago, but it's a nice bit assistance.
I think that I need to do more lift-wise. My gym sessions were all about the lifts, but only pushing or pulling a heavy bar and nothing more. My sessions were only like 45min if I did it quickly.
So here's what I'm going to do: 4 times a week instead of 3 and adding more exercises and maybe 2 extra reps to everything. I have to be 100% focused on volume from now on, strength can take a back-seat for now (but certainly won't be ignored). Adding more supplementary/isolation exericses to my compound lifts. I also started doing flat dumbell bench press instead of the bar, which is feeling a lot nicer on the joints and it feels like it hits my pecs a lot more.

Maybe I've been slacking because my old goal of not being a 60kg twig, but weigh at least 70kg has been reached, but now I've got some new motivation and a new goal to put on roughly 10-ish kgs. Long fucking road, but I've seen lads do it in a fairly short time (natty of course), if i can do it in even twice their time I'll be happy.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
Not concerned about diet. I've been getting 3000+ (up to roughly 3500) a day and over 150g (up to a max of roughly 200g) of protein. It just looks like it's not doing anything for me mass-wise, which is most likely because my routine is shite.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2013-02-23 05:39:03)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
If you're stalling you're not eating enough/burning too much/shitting it all out. It's all diet. There's plenty of guys out there with absolutely horrendous routines yet they still grow - that's simply because they eat enough to grow and do so day in day out without missing workouts. If you're not lactose intolerant start drinking at least 2-3 liters of milk a day next to your normal meal plan, get up to that 4k. 45 mins to little over an hour in the gym is pretty much optimal. More =/= better. I noticed way back that if I eat a lot of rice throughout the day I'm spending more time on the toilet than I should, too, so I only eat some (if any) at my dinner these days and live on bread mostly.

If you're looking to go 4 days a week start wendler's program (BBB variant for size), it's an amazing program and I've seen amazing progress using it. If all goes to plan I'll be hitting the magic 200 kg DL in a few weeks and I'm already confident I can pull it (190 went surprisingly easy 3x & that's no belt, no straps & just double overhand). I'm planning on sticking to this till at least june/july and get it up to 230+.

On another note, lately I've been taking timed contrast showers instead of simply cold showers after workouts and I can advise them to anyone here struggling with extreme soreness. Out of all the methods I've tried (ice bags, cold baths, cold showers) it's the best.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-23 06:14:31)

inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
getting up to 3.5k on a regular day is hard enough and I already drink 1.5L of whole milk every day, which too is already hard enough to get up to.
Lately I've been out and about too much and it's not doing wonder for my diet, but I still manage to hit 3k.
I'm also still a student on a budget and a wee lad with a tiny appetite, so I'm constantly struggling to consume the insane amounts that I do throughout the day.
honestly, I don't know all that many people that focus on their diet as much as i do, or even know what their macros are/how many calories they consume throughout the day. I'm going to try and squeezy in more food, but from what I understand, everything above 3k won't get you all that much further, but I'll try and get some more.

I do poo a lot though
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
It's not a big deal to use skimmed milk if you feel like it. Getting up to 3 liters is pretty easy, just drink milk with every meal you eat and then some throughout the day. Make your shakes with milk, etc.

I know it's hard but if you're not growing there's (usually) just 1 thing wrong and that's diet. You don't have to look at the calories of everything you stuff in your mouth, just make sure you eat and drink enough. If you've got a fast metabolism (as do I) you just need to stuff your face with food and not worry too much about anything else. Skip the chicken & brocolli, eat a pizza instead.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-23 06:26:25)

inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

It's not a big deal to use skimmed milk if you feel like it. Getting up to 3 liters is pretty easy, just drink milk with every meal you eat and then some throughout the day. Make your shakes with milk, etc.

I know it's hard but if you're not growing there's (usually) just 1 thing wrong and that's diet. You don't have to look at the calories of everything you stuff in your mouth, just make sure you eat and drink enough. If you've got a fast metabolism (as do I) you just need to stuff your face with food and not worry too much about anything else. Skip the chicken & brocolli, eat a pizza instead.
I have no beef with whole milk, in fact, I hate semi-skinned and absolyely detest skimmed. I have no problem with pizza and kebabs and stuff like that as long as it roughly fits my macros. I've also stopped counting calories because I've gotten quite good at knowing when I've reached my minimum. Honestly, it shouldn't be that much of a problem to eat some more, but it's just that I can't eat an awful lot in one sitting and I can't eat the entire day because I'm out and  about too much, but I'll try.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
due to my small single sitting appetite I thrive on snacks. Wholemeal biscuits with pb, homemade protein bars, one or two slices of bread with pb, that kind of stuff.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
If all else fails, weight gainers or start considering cooking up meals for the week in the weekends.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard