unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

She'd have to catch me first. I don't think she could turn fast with those ham hocks.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
She could leap a building though.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

That's a 500 pound squat. Either the strongest woman in the world or fake plates like some douchebags on youtube use (imo it looks a bit too easy, only people like Andy Bolton shoot up 500 like that). Still, it gets really ridiculous when you realise that there's people out there doing squats nearing 1100 lbs. Genetic freaks.

Also those people weigh over 350 lbs. I'd be surprised if she weighed over 160. Calling BS tbh.
Looks like 575 to me. Not that crazy of a weight for squats, even for someone her size...which I'm guessing is closer to 180.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
Noticed how much the bar isn't bending? I think it bends more when I do squats at much less..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
If the bar's not bending you're just pretending... never really thought about it in the context of fake plates though.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
so are you agreeing with me or what?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

FEOS wrote:

Shocking wrote:

That's a 500 pound squat. Either the strongest woman in the world or fake plates like some douchebags on youtube use (imo it looks a bit too easy, only people like Andy Bolton shoot up 500 like that). Still, it gets really ridiculous when you realise that there's people out there doing squats nearing 1100 lbs. Genetic freaks.

Also those people weigh over 350 lbs. I'd be surprised if she weighed over 160. Calling BS tbh.
Looks like 575 to me. Not that crazy of a weight for squats, even for someone her size...which I'm guessing is closer to 180.
That means she's breaking the women raw world record squat by about 100 lbs for the 180 lb weight class... for reps. A 575 squat is very good even for men, insane for women.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/record … omen-world

It's complete BS. Might be possible that the plates are much lighter than we'd think though. Maybe 20 lb instead of 45
inane little opines
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
how much does time of day/circadian rhythm fuck up your lifts?
pretty sure jet lag is fucking me up right now
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/Z4KdKai.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
9/10 would bang.
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Shocking wrote:

That means she's breaking the women raw world record squat by about 100 lbs for the 180 lb weight class... for reps. A 575 squat is very good even for men, insane for women.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/record … omen-world

It's complete BS. Might be possible that the plates are much lighter than we'd think though. Maybe 20 lb instead of 45
Sorry, but 575 is an average squat. I'm talking 1RM, of course.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

PrivateVendetta wrote:

how much does time of day/circadian rhythm fuck up your lifts?
pretty sure jet lag is fucking me up right now
Since my kid's in the hospital, I've had no workouts and have eaten for shit since Tuesday. And sleep's all jacked, as well.
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

FEOS wrote:

If you can squat 575 raw below parallel you can probably DL well over 600 lb. I don't know in what world you live in that those numbers are considered average. For most people that's nearing/over 3x bodyweight, which is impressive.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-01 07:47:52)

inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

FEOS wrote:

If you can squat 575 raw below parallel you can probably DL well over 600 lb. I don't know in what world you live in that those numbers are considered average. For most people that's nearing/over 3x bodyweight, which is impressive.
Finally got to watch the video.

A couple of points: she clearly wasn't squatting 575. There was weight, since you could see the bar flex, but she wasn't straining in any way. But she's obviously got some strength, just based on the development of her lower body.

A lot of assistance during nearly every exercise, either through form or partner or both.

And a 575 squat isn't that big of a deal for those who lift regularly and train with any intensity.
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
It takes a good few years to get a 575 squat. Ofcourse what's important here is the bw/strength ratio. If it's a 400 lb dude pushing up 600 lb on the squat that's not very impressive. If a 180 lb guy does it, it's very good.

I only know one guy who squats 600 @ ~180 and he competes in powerlifting meets, very strong dude. Hitting raw 3x BW squats/DLs are some of my long term goals.

Ofcourse it also depends on what you compare it to. In weightlifting circles it's not a big deal, but then again the vast majority of the population/athletes aren't that big into weightlifting.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-01 08:00:13)

inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

Ofcourse it also depends on what you compare it to. In weightlifting circles it's not a big deal, but then again the vast majority of the population/athletes aren't that big into weightlifting.
Exactly what I was getting at.
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
Still, you can consider yourself a strong guy if you push up 575. Barring people who dedicate themselves to weightlifting and want to compete, that's very good. The only athletes who get those numbers are probably american football players/heavyweight+ fighters and some rugby league guys.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-01 08:09:37)

inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
260kg isn't that big a deal to squat?

wat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
tbh its sort of like saying a 1 finger pullup isn't impressive. Sure, to pro/semi-pro rock climbers, not really. Everyone else....

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-01 09:56:59)

inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

tbh its sort of like saying a 1 finger pullup isn't impressive. Sure, to pro/semi-pro rock climbers, not really. Everyone else....
It's not at all like saying that. Competitive guys regularly put up 600+. Gym rats regularly do over 500 on sets, plus push 1k on leg press.

She's clearly a gym rat...but that also wasn't as much weight as it appeared to be.
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
nah it wasn't, probably more in the 220-250 lb range, using light plates to make it seem as though she's going heavy. As for the 600+, depends on the weight class. Still, it's competition quality just as a lot of competitive rock climbers can do 1 finger pullups. It's impressive regardless.

As for gym rats pushing and pulling ~500+, sure. There's a huge difference between that and the 600 range though. Even more so if you get higher.

I'll stop caring now, this 'debate' is pointless.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Got some lifting straps, they make the difference. Did 115kg deadlifts for six reps yesterday after having about 10 hours sleep for the past two days.
FEOS
+1,182|6413|'Murka

I just can't do gloves or straps. They bother me. Like gigantic headphones in the gym bother me.
― Albert Einstein

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
Since I live on my own now I'm looking for some simple and cheap meals. Don't have an oven yet, so no recipes requiring one of those svp.

Personal favourite:
Rice (1-1.5 cup)
minced meat (500g)
1.5-2 (red) peppers
Couple of spoons of green pesto (we have these little jars, I don't know exactly how much is in them, but I use the whole thing)

Use a wok. Heat up some oil, chuck in the meat and stir it until it's brown, add the peppers (chopped up) and stit around until the peppers have gone somewhat soft and then add the rice (which you have cooked beforehand) and pesto. Stir all that shit until it's mixed together and voila.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Thank you. Now I'm hungry.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard