Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5204|Sydney
I've always done mine at approx shoulder width. Maybe wider and make sure you're trying to lift from your elbows.

If you were talking about upright rows you would need a narrower grip.

Yesterday I hit a few benchmarks I've been aiming for. 8x 100kg squats and 6x 60kg bench press. Good form, unassisted

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-07-17 07:18:35)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4868|Amsterdam
I turned my grip around and it has worked wonders. I was afraid i wouldn't be able to lift as much, but i can lift the same amount and without pain (so i might be able to lift even more with this grip)

Thanks for the suggestion PV
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
Saw a guy at the gym just before doing incline bicep curls... he was using about 10% the range of motion
eleven bravo
+1,399|5284|foggy bottom
fwp
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
Doing 6 reps at 60kg benchpress, feels good to hit that milestone. 9x 100kg squats too
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
I felt I wasn't squatting deep enough, so the other day I tried going deep and getting to six reps.

On the fifth rep it was hard, but I was in a power cage so I thought I'd try for the sixth. Felt I was stalling on coming up and without thinking took my left hand off the bar to grab the cage to help myself stand up.

Fucking dumb idea. Don't ever do it.

Somehow managed to balance the bar on my back with only my right hand holding on and couldn't get my left arm back into position. I did manage to stand up but racking it was very difficult. Ended up getting there without any injury and felt like a fucking idiot. I'm not sure if anyone really noticed so my dignity was somewhat preserved, but still...

Had a big legs workout with my PT today. I'm definitely going to feel it tomorrow
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6337

Worth picking up? I need some reading material for the cottage in a couple weeks
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6337

Thanks, but I don't have an e-reader and I don't feel like carrying my laptop down to the docks/near the lake to read
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6767|FUCK UBISOFT

do you have a smartphone?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5990|London, England

bugz wrote:

Thanks, but I don't have an e-reader and I don't feel like carrying my laptop down to the docks/near the lake to read
OK BUDDY
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6337

I'm not gonna read a 300 page book on a 3.5" screen either.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6762|Oxferd Ohire
get a better phone then
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
I've got Starting Strength. Mine is the second edition.

It's a very comprehensive guide to doing the big barbell exercises. There's 54 pages just on squatting alone

If you really want to learn exactly what goes on in the body and the theory behind all the technique and find it interesting then you will find it a good read. The exercises covered are: squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, bent over row, power clean.

By the end of the book you'll not only know exactly how to do these exercises with utmost perfect form, you'll be able to coach others in how to do them correctly, and be able to explain why it's correct.
rdx-fx
+955|6617
Starting Strength, the Bible of /r/fitness.

/r/fitness
Q: I have a question about...
A: Do moar squats!
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney

rdx-fx wrote:

/r/fitness
I think she needs a "hand" with her technique. I've read Starting Strength so I'm pseudo-qualified...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404040_4460638479460_2074476511_n.jpg heh
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
Doesn't apply to me. I used to be depressed a lot as a teenager and early 20s. Never had a sweet tooth.
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
Also, yesterday I managed 10 reps of 90kg squats, going deep and with really good form. Feels like I've exorcised the demons from my previous 100kg squats where I royally fucked it and nearly gave myself a potentially serious injury. It's always a good feeling to regain some lost confidence.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4354

rdx-fx wrote:

/r/fitness
What are you looking at dicknose
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6590|Area 51

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

heh
I must be angry all the time then.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6436|'Murka

I love the sled...the amount of weight you can put on there and focus on form. Get amazing results quickly.

Makes leg days fun.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
+957|5204|Sydney
Sled?
FEOS
+1,182|6436|'Murka

A picture of me using one:

https://i.imgur.com/Ir90c.jpg

Spoiler (highlight to read):
If I were a ridiculously built black man
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6337

One of the trainers at my gym does 600lbs on that machine
FEOS
+1,182|6436|'Murka

I have been finishing up with 750-840lbs.

I shit you not.

120lb starting weight
4x100 plates
4-6x45 plates
2x25 plates

Has made huge differences in a short period of time.

I ran out of plates for the Nautilus-type machine, and just started focusing on the machines that use normal olympic plates. The difference in the results seen between the two types of machines is incredible.

Only supplementing with NO-Xplode pre-workout, protein shake post-workout. 1 hr lifting, followed by 20 min easy or interval cardio. I do that every other day.

1 hr cardio (both easy and interval) on non-lifting days. One day off.

Chest/shoulders/arms + cardio // cardio //Legs/back/abs + cardio // cardio // chest/shoulders/arms// cardio // rest

Next lifting week has two days legs/back/abs, one day chest/shoulders/arms. Rinse and repeat.

I'm running around a 1500-2000 calorie a day deficit (based on a 3200 calorie baseline + ~1200 calories burned per workout). I haven't dropped any real weight (maybe a few pounds), but I've dropped more than two inches off my waist and increased size and definition. Pretty stoked with the results I've seen thus far.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard