Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

bugz wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

bugz wrote:

Bought a pair of Adidas adipure trainers. I'm gonna give them a week to see how they feel at the gym.
They look terrible for lifting.
They have the whole 'toe-glove'-fad going on, but the rest of sole looks like that of running shoes, and you absolutely do not want to be lifting on those.

what you need is either some actual weightlifting shoes or something that has a flat sole. Your feet need to be flat on the ground and the shoes are only there to offer some extra support (and comfort). Running shoes force your feet in a position it shouldn't be in whilst lifting weights.

But maybe i'm mistaken, and the pictures on the internet just don't do them justice.
The sole is flat and 10-12mm thick at the most on the Adidas ones I picked up.

I just want to try them for a week and then take them back if I don't like them. You can all say I told you so if I somehow fuck up my ankle/feet.
I doubt they'll fuck up your ankles in a week (or a year for that matter). With the weights most of us here lift, it can't do that much harm. But it is a lot more comfortable to lift with flat soles and it does help when you want progress your lifts to heavier and heavier weights.

I lifted on running shoes for too long, and even though it didn't fuck up my ankles or knees, it sure felt a lot more supported and comfortable when i switched to flas soles.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
Does creatine actually cause hair loss?
From what I've read so far it can speed up the process if it runs in the family. So far the answers have been more or less 50/50, so i'm not sure what to think.
Now genetically, i don't really think i'll be balding any time soon and even if i do it won't be a receding hairline, but most likely some loss at the top when i enter my 40s.

Still, ever since it read that creatine can cause hair loss I've gotten paranoid. I notice myself checking my hairline far too often (be i in the mirror or by touch) and even though i can't seem to notice any loss, the paranoia has me thinking otherwise.
Now this problem is most likely in my head rather than on it, but still, i would like to be sure (or reassured).
Whenever i find or (or god forbid, more than 1) hair on my shoulder/shirt i freak out a little and frantically look at my hairline in the mirror, only to once again discover that I'm not yet rocking a chrome dome.

Yes, I truly am that vain.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-06-11 05:08:27)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
I'm really not sure, that's the first I've heard of it.

One of my grandfathers went bald at 25, the other had a full head of hair at 77.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

One of my grandfathers went bald at 25, the other had a full head of hair at 77.
I guess you're playing genetic roulette.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Kampframmer wrote:

Does creatine actually cause hair loss?
From what I've read so far it can speed up the process if it runs in the family. So far the answers have been more or less 50/50, so i'm not sure what to think.
Now genetically, i don't really think i'll be balding any time soon and even if i do it won't be a receding hairline, but most likely some loss at the top when i enter my 40s.

Still, ever since it read that creatine can cause hair loss I've gotten paranoid. I notice myself checking my hairline far too often (be i in the mirror or by touch) and even though i can't seem to notice any loss, the paranoia has me thinking otherwise.
Now this problem is most likely in my head rather than on it, but still, i would like to be sure (or reassured).
Whenever i find or (or god forbid, more than 1) hair on my shoulder/shirt i freak out a little and frantically look at my hairline in the mirror, only to once again discover that I'm not yet rocking a chrome dome.

Yes, I truly am that vain.
Paranoia is the first symptom of AIDS.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Apparently you get it from your mum's side.

My mum's dad was the 77 year old.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
neither of my granddads went bald

on the flipside, they both died of heart attacks around 50ish

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Apparently you get it from your mum's side.

My mum's dad was the 77 year old.
My grandfather on my dads side didn't live past 57 and i think he was only slightly balding at that age. Now my grandfather on my mums side, he's not 100% bald, but I would say only 50-60% of his hair remains.

I don't even know why I'm worried, I'm only 20. Fuck
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
It's DHT that can contribute to baldness.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
Reading up on it a bit more, it seems there's several things that play a role woth creatine and hair loss:
there is of course genetics. Taking creatine can speed up the process. There's age. If you're not one of those few people that go bald in their twenties, its a reasonably small risk when youre between 18-25. Now some major roles are the amount you take and for how long. Creatine (monohydrate) will have pretty much no negative side-effects if you take it for less than 6 months (good news for me, wasnt planning on taking it that long) and if you don't exceed the recommended amount of 5g a day (you could take up to 25g a day).

I'll probably be using it for another month or two, so i expect any harm to be done to my precious scalp and the hair that covers it.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4968|Dundee, Scotland.
Cycled to my parents and back (well, 3 miles from home as I write this) will be 20 miles in total when I'm home. Burnt over 1000 calories so far. Chuffed.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
20 is a decent length
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

RTHKI wrote:

20 is a decent length
yeah i feel good. totally fucked though.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
hi camm!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
I can finally bench press properly again.
the one exercise that suffered the most form my tendonitis.

Now i always had a weak chest. before picked up any kind of weight i had nipples on a ribcage. naturally, this lift was hard for me. But I'm a fair bit stronger now (understatement. i was weak as fuck when i started) and now that my tendonitis is 99% gone i think i can finally start making some bench press progress.

Right now im at 120lbs/55kg (3x12). highest I ever did 9right before i had to quit was 143lbs/65kg (5x5). In the weeks after my vacation I'm hoping to smash that pr (didn;t set the bar very high, so it should be easy enough)
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
camm got me riding my bike again. ~18 miles.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

RTHKI wrote:

camm got me riding my bike again. ~18 miles.
nice! weather dependent I'll be on my bike again tomorrow
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
ooooh that was close
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Camm wrote:

weather dependent I'll be on my bike again tomorrow
lol Scotland
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
rode another 8.5 miles
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Camm wrote:

weather dependent I'll be on my bike again tomorrow
lol Scotland
this is why:

https://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/gallery/images/1373s.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
need to login to see
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599884_4103489783798_767810566_n.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Put my hand through a wine glass. Still went to the gym yesterday but can only do pulling/pushing movements as the wound is at the base of my thumb. Kinda lucky really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard