Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
There's 575 on that channel.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
I started using creatine. Very simple: 5g a day. I have it 30min before lifting on liftdays and in the moring when i wake up on my rest days. I drink plenty of water. At least 2L on rest days, even more on lift days and i also drink 1.5L of whole milk so dehydration shouldn't be an issue.

And here's to celebrate the forum being back online:
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I watched Pumping Iron again the other day. Watched Bigger Faster Stronger on youtube yesterday too.

Currently eating 3,000 cals approx. a day. Man I'm already sick of eating
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
totally doesn't sound homo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Another great workout, time to eat 1,800 more cals over the next six hours
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
The bare minimum i want is 3000, but i aim for 3500. Normally i end up with 3700. Drinking a lot of whole milk and eating nuts as snacks really adds up.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I'm eating heaps of brown rice, rolled oats, chicken and tuna. And a fair bit of milk too.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
Yeah, those are all pretty much the best and most popular sources for carbs and protein, and with good reason.
Here's an easy and interesting little dish for ya:
Best done witha  rice cooker, but if you don't have one you can use a pot as well.
Put 1 cup of rice in the pot and cook it  like you normally would. Then, like 5 minutes before it's done (so most of the water is gone) put a can of tuna in it (i use water based) and stir it through it and then put in 1 or 2 eggs and thoroughly mix it in there. Then you let it finish cooking.

pretty much 0 preparation time and the only time it costs to make is the time it takes to cook the rice.
Great lunch. Or dinner if you eat some veggies with it.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Does that actually taste good?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
Surprisingly, yeah.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
I also have a recipe for protein bars that only require to be put in the fridge for a day or two to harden if anyone's interested.
roughly 180kcals, 20g protein, 20g carbs, 15g fat. Not 100% sure on the amount of kcals, it could be 280.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Also eating almonds (like, right now).

My main staples of food at the moment are:

Breakfast: oats, whey, milk (tastes like chocolate)

Shakes: one scoop of whey, 300ml of milk. Post workout I add to this 40g of dextrose.

Stir fry (dinner/lunch): 100g brown rice (weighed uncooked, then boiled) stir fried with a small amount of olive oil, brocooli, capsicum and 200g of chicken breast then with salt reduced soy sauce for flavour.

Rice patties: 100g brown rice (weighed uncooked, then boiled) mixed in a bowl with one sachet of salt reduced tomato paste, one 175g tin of tuna (no drain tin), chopped broccoli, 3-4 eggs and some cracked pepper to taste. Heat a fry pan to hot with some olive oil then spoon in a heaped tablespoon of the mixture to make a pattie. Repeat as necessary. Cook both side for approx 3 minutes a side. Let cool for a couple minutes once done and add a little salt to taste on top. Once cool enough to pick up, eat.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...
Don't eat tuna (or fish in general) more than twice a week, you'll end up with mercury poisoning. It was a daily staple of my diet quite some time ago and it sure wasn't good for my mental health.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-05-13 07:41:34)

inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Kampframmer wrote:

The bare minimum i want is 3000, but i aim for 3500. Normally i end up with 3700. Drinking a lot of whole milk and eating nuts as snacks really adds up.
Dunno about you but I'm having a hard time managing ~3400 daily. Usually about 36 on active days and closer to 3k on weekends and such. I guess you're into the whole "bulking" thing? You're going to gain quite a bit of fat in the coming months if you're at a consistent 3700 daily, whether you're naturally skinny or not. That's -a lot- of calories.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Shocking wrote:

Don't eat tuna (or fish in general) more than twice a week, you'll end up with mercury poisoning. It was a daily staple of my diet quite some time ago and it sure wasn't good for my mental health.
For real?

Mercury poisoning is permanent.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Jaekus wrote:

Shocking wrote:

For real?

Mercury poisoning is permanent.
Yes, it is. There's a lot of symptoms that you'll get before you actually are poisoned though. Anyway, the mercury in the fish accumulates in your brain and slowly makes you go gaga. If you start doing weird stuff you know it's starting to have its effect.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm

A decent article on it, but I don't trust his assessment that a can of tuna a day for a 200 lbs man is healthy. Most statistics point the other way, I don't eat it more than twice a week now.
inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Dunno about you but I'm having a hard time managing ~3400 daily. Usually about 36 on active days and closer to 3k on weekends and such. I guess you're into the whole "bulking" thing? You're going to gain quite a bit of fat in the coming months if you're at a consistent 3700 daily, whether you're naturally skinny or not. That's -a lot- of calories.
As I said, 3k is my bare minimum and my daily goal is 3.5k. It fluctuates between 3.4 and 3.7 on workdays i guess. And once a week I have a cheat day (mostly saturdays) on which I don't count my calories and maybe have a unhealthy snack or two.
And I'm not into the whole traditional 'bulking' thing. i don't eat loads of everything, I just eat more than my maintenance (granted, quite a bit over, but it's hard for me to gain weight) and I do so using healthy and protein rich food.
The whole 5k bulks and cut cycles have always seemd stupid to me. become a fat slob and then cut down to a god? Regardless if it works, it all sound very unhealthy to me.
And so far my fat gain has been minimal. I even think I've lost some since i started dieting and lifting, but that might just be muscle mass revealing itself in places where I've never had anything but skin and bones.

Thanks on the heads up on mercury btw. I was starting to incorporate (canned) tuna in my diet more and more lately. I didn't realise the whole mercury poisening was still an issue here, but I guess I'll cut back on it then. Although I've only had like 2 cans this week, I was planning on adding more to my weekly diet.
I guess chicken's back on the lunch menu more often then.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Had a good workout, strength is steadily increasing. PT is changing the routine a bit every time but the basic idea of it being a FBW remains the same.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Kampframmer wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

As I said, 3k is my bare minimum and my daily goal is 3.5k. It fluctuates between 3.4 and 3.7 on workdays i guess. And once a week I have a cheat day (mostly saturdays) on which I don't count my calories and maybe have a unhealthy snack or two.
And I'm not into the whole traditional 'bulking' thing. i don't eat loads of everything, I just eat more than my maintenance (granted, quite a bit over, but it's hard for me to gain weight) and I do so using healthy and protein rich food.
The whole 5k bulks and cut cycles have always seemd stupid to me. become a fat slob and then cut down to a god? Regardless if it works, it all sound very unhealthy to me.
And so far my fat gain has been minimal. I even think I've lost some since i started dieting and lifting, but that might just be muscle mass revealing itself in places where I've never had anything but skin and bones.

Thanks on the heads up on mercury btw. I was starting to incorporate (canned) tuna in my diet more and more lately. I didn't realise the whole mercury poisening was still an issue here, but I guess I'll cut back on it then. Although I've only had like 2 cans this week, I was planning on adding more to my weekly diet.
chicken/eggs/peanut butters/peanuts will do. If you need it, protein powder. I know I railed against it a year or so ago but considering time constraints I've surrendered myself to whey as well. It's just so easy, I don't have to spend as much time in the kitchen anymore as I did.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
My PT told me yesterday that I should ideally only use whey around workouts as eating natural sources of protein is superior due to additional nutrients/vitamins/minerals present in food. I have whey on oats every morning for breakfast for the convenience factor and that isn't going to change any time soon but I think his point was more along the lines of being the majority of your protein should not come from supplements.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Shocking wrote:

chicken/eggs/peanut butters/peanuts will do. If you need it, protein powder. I know I railed against it a year or so ago but considering time constraints I've surrendered myself to whey as well. It's just so easy, I don't have to spend as much time in the kitchen anymore as I did.
Every single one you mentioned are already in my diet on a regular basis. Especially (pea)nuts. Holy shit those things are handy. Plenty of calories and protein, easy to eat and damn tasty, especially cashews.

I've been using whey for a long time now. not just because of the time that it saves me, but mainly because I have a small appetite. At the times that i take my shakes i wouldn't be able to eat chicken with a similar amount of protein, no way. But i can drink a shake. I can always stuff in an extra drink when i'm full (even though the drink in question is a 600+kcal shake).
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
HIIT... I feel fucked
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
Told you that shit's good.
How did you do it?
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Just a stationary bike we have. Didn't really time it except for a moderate warm up at the start for five mins. Then went all out for as long as I could until I was burning too much, dropped back till I was ready to go again. Six intervals, all up took a bit over 20 mins.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Past week has been great.

Very little alcohol consumption (had one glass of red on saturday night and two vodka, lime & soda's yesterday arvo).
Stuck to my diet perfectly and had one deliberate cheat meal last night of seafood and chips.

Started taking some creatine the other day and today I'm not sure if it's that or just increased strength from hard workouts and good diet but I managed to push out 9.5 reps at 50kg on the bench press, last time I managed 5.5 reps. All other exercises have also increased in weight and/or reps.

Did two days of HIIT and two days on static cardio at a moderate pace, to build up my fitness and conditioning. I can feel it improving already.

Also watched a few BB docos:

I Want to Look Like That Guy
Blood & Guts
Raw Iron - The Making of Pumping Iron
Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Currently part way through Stand Tall, the story of Lou Ferrigno entering the 2000 Masters Olympia.

Feeling super positive and motivated about it all

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-05-21 01:16:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard