Stimey
­
+786|6137|Ontario | Canada

Kampframmer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If you guys read back a few pages you'll notice he's recovering from an injury.
yea but like, it should still keep its proportionality
Pretty simple really.
Once i started woring out again, I was only allowed to use the bar (20kg) and last week i got to add weight for the first time and my smallest plate is 1.25kg (so 2.5kg).
I will keep increasing both as long as i am allowed, but if i only get to becnh 22.5kg, im not going to stall my OHP at 20, even though i am alowed to increase, just to keep it under my bench.
As soon as both lifts wil hit something like 30-40kg my OHP will most start to progress slower and my becnh will keep going. I just need to get all my lifts back to their original weight as soon as this injury is gone.

Simple really.
ah, godspeed then
­
­
­
­
­
­
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+685|6308|Washington St.

Kmar wrote:

Anyone serious cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items.

lemme fix that for you:

Anyone serious not rich cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items. when I win the lottery.
haha in all seriousness jaekus, when you travel and vacay you're expected to cheat and eat unhealthily. take it with a grain of salt if you put on some kilos
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

pirana6 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Anyone serious cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items.

lemme fix that for you:

Anyone serious not rich cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items. when I win the lottery.
haha in all seriousness jaekus, when you travel and vacay you're expected to cheat and eat unhealthily. take it with a grain of salt if you put on some kilos
"Nice" is relative bub. Although I don't think millions are required to eat at a nice restaurant...

I can get a nice piece of ahi or grouper at Stonewood for >$20.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5195|Sydney
Yeah I don't mind, I had a great time although there were times I genuinely wish I could've found some healthier food, simply for the feeling in my stomach afterwards. I did find some from time to time but it was hard to come by. Some other travellers agreed with me on this point. But then that's to be expected most places if you live on eating out for 3+ weeks
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam
I'm glad i wasn't lifting and dieting yet when i was there.
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
I'm glad I was. I would've put on a lot more otherwise, and wouldn't be making such quick progress to get back to where I was.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

justice wrote:

Kmar wrote:

justice wrote:

Ran a 10k today, at the end looked down at my shirt and there was loads of blood around my left nipple (bad day to wear a yellow shirt), and it was painful for about an hour afterwards ...Anybody had that before, any suggestion to prevent that in the future?
I'm sooo doing this next I time a run a race
Why wait 'til race time?

DOITNOW

OT: Shoulder pain is down enough I'm able to run again. Did 3 miles yesterday at roughly normal pace. Looking to hit my 4.5 mile route tomorrow and see how that goes (was running 5 miles pretty regularly before the surgery ~3 weeks ago).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam
I just got back from another physiotherapy session and she noticed that my elbow joints have a form of hypermobility.
This is fairly common, and what it means iis that my elbow ben a bit further than usual.
If a someone that doesn't have this bends their elbows until the 'locking-point' it's often a staright line or sometimes they're even bent a little inwards, but when i bend it completely outwards, it will ben a few degrees beyond a staright line (nothing too crazy, I'm not a circus act).
This means that I'm a bit more flexible than most, but it also means that the tendons at my elbows need to work harder to prevent dislocation (without the tendons, bending you elbows would dislocate them). This may have contributed to my injury.

But It's getting better and better and she said that in 2 more weeks i'll be able to lift 3 times a week again (but lowering my already low weights of course).

So if you think that you have this too (you can also have it with your knees) be sure to do exercises to strengthen and stretch the tendons.
(wrist curls upwards with a 1kg dumbell with your forearm resting on a table for example)

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-10-07 04:42:40)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
I'm having trouble getting my form correct when trying to workout my triceps with dumbbells. Any advice?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6208|Roma
How are you doing it? Kickbacks or extensions behind your head? or something different?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT
Did 6, 6, 4, 4, 4 with 150 (~68kg) on bench today. My best prior to visiting Russia was 4x6 with 155 (~70.5kg), so I've basically regained my strength. Squat is still limited by my groin/hamstring.

Very intriguing article Jaekus.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-10-12 21:13:47)

Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
A mate is a personal trainer, he said in five years of training he basically got to around 80kg BP. Since he started doing a new workout, in three months he has gone from that to 110kg BP - and get this, he works out once a week for 20 minutes!

The idea is to work to complete failure. He does flyes to failure then immediately starts bench pressing (with a spotter of course). Once he gets to his last possible rep, he holds it static for as long as he can, then he lowers it as slowly as he can. The next workout (two weeks later, because the following week is either legs or arms) he is stronger, every time.

What's Possible
With a properly conducted high-intensity training program, the individual will grow stronger every workout, without any serious breach in progress, until he has actualized his strength/muscular potential. I had a client several years ago who improved the functional ability of his quadriceps such that he was able to perform 10 reps with the whole stack, or 250 pounds, on the Nautilus Leg Extension after only being able to do seven reps with 170 pounds two months prior, a tremendous increase. (This type of response is not experienced by every one of my trainees; but it is far from atypical.)

The strongest client I ever had was able to perform 33 reps on the Nautilus Leg-Extension with the whole stack. And that was an incredibly well-developed, strong "genetic freak," the famed David Paul of the Barbarian Brothers. When David first started having me supervise his workouts, he performed 15 reps on the Leg-Extension and then went immediately, in superset fashion, to the Nautilus Leg Press where he performed 18 reps to complete failure with the full stack, 510 pounds. One week later David performed 25 reps on the Leg-Extension and immediately ran to the Leg Press where he did 38 reps. Impressive? You better believe it. But, keep reading.

One week after that, he did 33 reps on the Leg-Extension followed by a hard-to-believe 71 reps on the Leg Press! In both exercises, he again, employed the entire weight stacks. No, the above is not a misprint. David improved his Leg-Extension from 15 to 33 reps and his Leg Press from 18 to 71 reps as a result of only two leg workouts that lasted less than 15 minutes each. That represents an improvement of 388 percent in the functional ability of the quadriceps of an already highly advanced bodybuilder. In the one month I trained David, he gained seven pounds of muscle. These are phenomenal increases, especially when considered against the fact that for the previous five years, David's volume training, involving training sessions that lasted for at least two hours (sometimes twice a day ) six days a week, yielded zero strength and size increases.

Since David was capable of such a rate of improvement, imagine what a rank beginner - (with similar genetics) - might achieve on such a program. I've already provided you an indication, with the description of the first individual. If a beginner can improve as I described above, going from 170 for seven reps to 250 for 10 reps on the Leg-Extension in two months, he has only 23 reps to go with the same weight before achieving the functional capacity of a super genetic freak. How long would that take him? He'd probably never achieve it, as he, by all appearances, was only average - or slightly above - in genetics. My point is: Given the enormous improvement he made in only two months, it wouldn't even take year before he actualized his strength/muscle potential. (We'll never know exactly; because of enormous career pressures he had to cease training after two months.)

Bear in mind that a prerequisite for growing larger muscles is that one grow stronger. Since the individual I described would cease growing in strength in less than one year, his muscle growth would cease soon thereafter.
http://www.mikementzer.com/actpotentialthree.html

This is, AFAIK, without drugs, just science of exercise in practice. Really fascinating stuff. He also competed alongside Arnie.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam
Seems I'm going to a bodybuilding competition.

No, not to compete with my 65kg, but to support a mate of mine. He's been training for this for 2 or 3 years, starting out as a (im guessing around) 65-70kg tiny guy (he's like 1.70) and now he's 80+ (still short though lol) and finally going to do his first competition.

As far as his gains go, he just ate whatever he liked but made sure that he ate like 400g of chicken every day and oats in the morning. Lots of rice and bananas i believe as well. (he eats clean now for his cut though)
and for supplements, i think he tried out a bunch, whey and other proteins, i think he used creatine as well and right now he's on a steroid cycle, but i don't have a clue which one.

I actually have no idea what his routine is, but i know it's quite a lot since he exercises like 5 times a week for almost 2h+.
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

No, not to compete with my 65kg, but to support a mate of mine. He's been training for this for 2 or 3 years, starting out as a (im guessing around) 65-70kg tiny guy (he's like 1.70) and now he's 80+ (still short though lol) and finally going to do his first competition.

As far as his gains go, he just ate whatever he liked but made sure that he ate like 400g of chicken every day and oats in the morning. Lots of rice and bananas i believe as well. (he eats clean now for his cut though)
and for supplements, i think he tried out a bunch, whey and other proteins, i think he used creatine as well and right now he's on a steroid cycle, but i don't have a clue which one.

I actually have no idea what his routine is, but i know it's quite a lot since he exercises like 5 times a week for almost 2h+.
That's how he gained the muscle. A natural builder can't work their muscles as hard and recover properly to make those sorts of gains. It's mentioned on the site above by/about Mike Mentzer.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

That's how he gained the muscle. A natural builder can't work their muscles as hard and recover properly to make those sorts of gains. It's mentioned on the site above by/about Mike Mentzer.
He had a very intense routine before the cycle.
I believe he just started the cycle (few weeks ago)
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
Yeah, the reading I've been doing lately suggests that anyone exercising that much will overtrain, no matter how advanced they are. Indeed, you can make more gains with less exercise. I know it's contrary to what mainstream body building and gyms want you to believe, but that is because they make more money that way.

Obviously I can't speak for your friend (good luck to him btw), but the trend and science according to some things I've read recently kinda flies in the face of epic workouts 5-6 times a week.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam
I support 3 times a week.
Any less feels like your not doing enough and 4 feels like overdoing it.

I might be able to go back to 3 times a week in a week or so, but the pain in my elbow got a little worse (more different), this isn't necessarily a set-back, might be because I've been sleeping in a wrong position or something.
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
Man it must be fucked to have that sort of injury. I can only imagine the frustration.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4859|Amsterdam
Well, theres worse things to it then the pain, the inability to lift and the delay in progress.
And thats the insecurity. I have no clue when i will be 100% cured, or if i will ever be 100% again. I am going to ask for an estimate next session, but i it's not looking too good.
I've improved and the pain has gotten less and less intense, but i can still feel it almost every day and especially after every workout.
Not so much the pain or stiffness, but i just feel that it's there.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT
Great workout today. Started easing my legs back into lifting with 4x8 185 squats, 3x10 reduced motion leg press, then 4x6 185 deadlift, followed by 4x6 155 bench and 4x4 160 barbell row. Such a great feeling to regain strength.
Stimey
­
+786|6137|Ontario | Canada
why is your deadlift so relatively low mister
­
­
­
­
­
­
http://m.cnn.com/primary/_yd9Gjw-iJrzcFctHi1 gamers and working Out link story
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
Before I went to the US I stalled on 36kg OHP for six consecutive workouts. After the break I had I started back at 29kg and progressed from there.

Last two workouts I managed to do 36kg and complete all reps, with difficulty, but still maintained form.

Today I upped to 39kg and got through all reps

It's a good feeling to be making progress.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-10-16 21:42:16)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT

Stimey wrote:

why is your deadlift so relatively low mister
It's massively grip limited. When my leg is healthy I can get up to 225 or 235, but anything past that and I start losing the bar due to slippage. The current disparity between healthy squat (245) and healthy deadlift is nothing compared to this June, when deadlift was still 235 and I could squat 305 for 4 or 5 good reps. It shows how much more strength my legs would have to deadlift if I could simply hang on to the bar.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard