Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
Well the only workout I've done other than a 8 hour round hike up to Clouds Rest (Yosemite) is teaching my liver who's the bitch in this relationship
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada
whats everyones opinion on mass gainers?

seems like the only way that Ive actually put on mass in the last while...
­
­
­
­
­
­
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma
bought a bigger tub of protein than I have before, and can't find the fucking scooper.
Fuck.
Having to make do with some tupperware I found
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6916|Scotland

Stimey wrote:

Stuff works if you don't have the time to cook yourself meals. Just don't stay on it for a prolonged period. Mass gainers work for people who are between Mesomorphs and ectomorphs because they can put on a bit of weight but not a lot. With ectomorphs you usually have to go more hardcore than just the mass gainer stuff.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Stuff works if you don't have the time to cook yourself meals. Just don't stay on it for a prolonged period. Mass gainers work for people who are between Mesomorphs and ectomorphs because they can put on a bit of weight but not a lot. With ectomorphs you usually have to go more hardcore than just the mass gainer stuff.
Its why i'm going to use creatine as soon as i can lift a decent amount of weight again.
eating 3000kcals+ and 150g of protein just isnt enough, and theres not much more to do about that unless i dont mind gaining fat (i do). I only gained about .5-1kg a month when i finally knew what i was actually doing.

On a side note, i have started physiotherapy and she said that i could start lifting again, but with just the bar and then do 3x15-18, so im basically going to be lifting nothing for tons of reps, which, of course, will be insanely boring.
But you know, whatever it takes to get back to lifting.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Personally, i am a bit skeptical on the whole ecto-,meso- and endomorph theory, although me and my brother are somewhat living proof.
He gained muscle like it was nothing, while he didnt even had a lifting routine (he did bench and curls and not much else) and never paid attention to nutrition (just ate junk food). And i have to eat like crazy, and I'm on a strict lifing routine thats constantly changing and improving and I have to work hard for every gram of muscle.
Still, i dont really think people can be classified in 3 seperate groups. Sure, in the big picture, we all more or less fit into one of these groups, and yes genetics play a role in it, but still, theres too many people in the gray areas for me to truly believe in it.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6901|OctoLand
Anybody have some tips for how to avoid stitches, or how to get over them whilst running? Stitches have cut short my last 2 runs, about 35 minutes in...Really annoying.
I know fucking karate
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma
I always get them in my shoulder.. someone told me to run with your thumbs touching your forefingers, but not hard pressure. Something to do with tensing your hands as you run or something.
Not even sure if it worked.

wow, that was not helpful
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
I could tell you that biting you lip or tightening you sphincter will make it go away and the placebo effect would probably get you a long way.
I've heard quite a few thing that help, like breathing in through your nose and out through you mouth (very controlled) and also lots of forms of finger touching and squeezing.
None of them really seem to work. At least, not for me.

As far as i know, nothing helps other than just sucking it up and to keep on running. It will get less and less intense as you run more and more.
So nothing to it but to keep training i guess.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
I always was told it's drinking too much water at once. I remember in school after running for quite a long time and afterwards drinking a lot of water a stitch would come on shortly after that.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
yeah, never drink too much before and during.

But not drinking at all is also bad.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6927|UK
No gym for 2 months. Go to do circuit training at rowing club. Feel dead.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.
haven't been to the gym since the middle of may. graduated and moved home but haven't found my own place means no gym time... fuckin sucks

I have been able to do pull-ups on a pull-up bar. Fly's/presses/curls/rows/etc. with some random weights we had lying around but I only have one set. Pushups (obviously). And I run 3 or so times a week.

It's seriously depressing not being able to make it to a gym but I can keep moderately in the rhythm with what I've got.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6571|'Murka

Getting shoulder surgery this Friday. Wondering how long it'll be before I'll be able to start at least running again. Hopefully, within a week or so, but we'll see. Depends on what the surgeon finds when he gets in there...

Will definitely be 6-8 weeks before I can start lifting again.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6266|eXtreme to the maX
^ Good luck.

For the last three months I've done no exercise, none whatever.
I've actually lost weight - I can only gain weight through muscle mass apparently - and my shooting, esp rapid, is better than ever.

Think I'll start up again on fitness now the weather is improving, and not do any weights, just aerobic and body-weight stuff - weights really screw with my muscle tone.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Dilbert_X wrote:

weights really screw with my muscle tone.
wat
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6901|OctoLand
Ran a 10k today, at the end looked down at my shirt and there was loads of blood around my left nipple (bad day to wear a yellow shirt), and it was painful for about an hour afterwards ...Anybody had that before, any suggestion to prevent that in the future?
I know fucking karate
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma
runners nipple. rub vaseline on it and leave a coating before you run.
It's yuor t-shirt rubbing on your nipple.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
It's most likely from your shirt that's rubbing your sweaty (thus salted) skin.
Dont run in a shirt thats too loose or too tight. And get one thats made for running, they're made of a finer and softer material that won't rub as much and are also tighter to the skin, but without the excessive fricition.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

I overworked my abs a couple days ago. that's the worst. Hurts to laugh, stretch, um and other physical activities..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6621|UK
Sneezing and coughing is a bastard!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

oh yea.. and there is no escaping it
Xbone Stormsurgezz
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.

Kmar wrote:

I overworked my abs a couple days ago. that's the worst. Hurts to laugh, stretch, um and other physical activities..lol
I love that feeling! a little masochistic for sure but it feels like progress! like when you come out of the gym and try to shower but cant lift your arms up high enough to shampoo your head. That only happens after you take a LONG time off but I still love it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

I still get doms whenever I push too hard, no matter how long between workouts. I like it with my shoulders and arms. It can be a challenge throwing your arms up on your steering wheel on the way home from the gym ..lol But when your entire chest feels bruised, it's no fun.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6927|UK

pirana6 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I love that feeling! a little masochistic for sure but it feels like progress! like when you come out of the gym and try to shower but cant lift your arms up high enough to shampoo your head. That only happens after you take a LONG time off but I still love it.
thats what im like right now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard