Sturgeon
+488|5102|Flintshire

wah1188 wrote:

I generally think everyones is different you probably need an exercise programme that suits you. Sick of hearing this 5x5 bullshit.

Did some concentration curls and hammer curls, hammers work your forearms quite a bit. Shit's good got some good ache on my bi's since forever.
Love Hammer curls, find them easier than bicep curls now, strangely, noticed my forearms have grown a bit too
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada

Kampframmer wrote:

5x5 can work great for some (actually, most) people.
especially to start with when youve never lifted before.

But when you go for a split you definitely need to find something that suits you personally.
hey I like the cut of this guys jib
­
­
­
­
­
­
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6621|UK

Sturgeon wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

I generally think everyones is different you probably need an exercise programme that suits you. Sick of hearing this 5x5 bullshit.

Did some concentration curls and hammer curls, hammers work your forearms quite a bit. Shit's good got some good ache on my bi's since forever.
Love Hammer curls, find them easier than bicep curls now, strangely, noticed my forearms have grown a bit too
I didn't believe in them at first mainly because Hurricane goes on about them and I don't believe him.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5925|Belgium
I don't know why, but rep outs somehow helped my deadlift out.

Struggled with 140KGx5 a few weeks ago, bad form etc.
Did a few sessions where I wouldn't go higher than 120KG for example, but I'd get 10 reps out of that.

Attempted 140KG again yesterday, and it went up like 'nothing'. Had to check if I was lifting 140KG lol.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
After my 3 wek inn=jury break deadlifting became the ardest.
I didnt think it was a lft that would be affected by my injury that much, but yesterday i barley got 100 up.
I did 90 for warmup x5, then wanted to do 100 and maybe 105 after, but i didnt get 100 off teh ground first try.

Eventually i managed to do it and with proper form, but still....
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney

Jebus wrote:

I don't know why, but rep outs somehow helped my deadlift out.

Struggled with 140KGx5 a few weeks ago, bad form etc.
Did a few sessions where I wouldn't go higher than 120KG for example, but I'd get 10 reps out of that.

Attempted 140KG again yesterday, and it went up like 'nothing'. Had to check if I was lifting 140KG lol.
Two ideas:

120kg helped build your "base strength", as in raise the limit of what is solid for consistently good form.
The deload put less stress on your muscles and thus aided recovery, and of course muscle growth.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Had a great workout tonight.
Routine as follows. Weights do not include the bar, so add 9kg:

DL: 3x8 @ 65kg
Pull ups: BW 3x4 (still not strong enough)
Standing OH press: 3x8 @ 20kg
BB curls: 3x8 @ 12.5kg
Weighted crunches: 4x8 with a 10kg plate.

What made is so good was the other day I found it harder to complete the OH presses at the same weight, the BB curls and weighted crunches at less weight than tonight. Dunno why, but pretty happy with the feeling. Also noticing a little more muscle definition and bulk. Slow going but improvements have been made
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
I finally weigh 66kg.
At least 4 more to go
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Gain or lose? I'm sitting around 78kg.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma

Kampframmer wrote:

I finally weigh 66kg.
At least 4 more to go
You can't be that tall? I'm at 63kg, I'm a short ass
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Sturgeon
+488|5102|Flintshire
I'm ~70 and quite skinny, put on about a stone in the last couple of months or so since I started working out though.

Always found it hard to gain weight.

E: 5'11" I think.

Last edited by Sturgeon (2011-05-30 05:14:24)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I finally weigh 66kg.
At least 4 more to go
You can't be that tall? I'm at 63kg, I'm a short ass
im 6ft
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
Im pretty skinny, but also pretty lean.
But in clothing i look the same as any other 6ft twig. 66kg or 55kg, makes little difference than.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6917|Scotland

So..... My bench snapped. Literally bent. It was on inline position and the hooks that keep the barbell rack up moved and slipped, so the barbell rack fell forwards with 95kg on it and bent the entire support.

The 5 inch pure steel bolt is bent at 30 degrees. Fuck sake. I was resting for 3 days and now I have no bench.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
How did the hooks move?? Either way it sounds fucked.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6917|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

How did the hooks move?? Either way it sounds fucked.
They were in the wrong slot, and the hooks slanted and it slipped downwards. Luckily I was behind the bench when this happened, because 95kg falling on me would definitely have killed me.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6621|UK
Sounds kind of interesting pictures?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6621|UK
I have come to the conclusion I have a torn/sprained rotator cuff. I'm going to do some rehab/strengthening exercises today.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Bought some assistance bands, specifically to assist during pull ups. Hopefully they arrive this week:

https://www.gymdirect.com.au/scripts/binaryimage.asp?path=%2Fresources%2Fmuscle+motion+products%2Fstrength+bands_muscle+motion_+(17).jpg&width=250&height=250

About Muscle Motion Strength Bands

Strength Bands are an incredible versatile tool for adding resistance to stretching, lifting, and bodyweight training exercises. A higher quality band does not exist. Ideal for assisted pull ups and dips. All bands are made of 100% natural latex through a continuous layering process to ensure long life. All bands are 41" in length and 3/8" thick. Six different widths provide a range of resistance levels.

Red - XX-Light - ½" Wide
Primarily used for adding resistance to stretching exercises. Resistance is 5 - 35 pounds.

Purple - X-Light - 1 1/8" wide
Good choice as a general use band and a specifically for adding resistance to people under 140 pounds during walks, high knees, or sprints. Resistance is 25 - 80 pounds.

Green - Light - 1 ¾" wide
This band is also a good size for general use and for adding resistance to people from 140 to 200 pounds for body movements. Good choice for pull up training. Resistance is 50 - 120 pounds.
https://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/Chin- … ge/733.htm

They're the three lighter ones. The three heavier ones are resistance bands (check the link for more info)
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
I've started doing weighted crunches. Would getting a decline sit up bench be useful, or a waste of money?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6917|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

I've started doing weighted crunches. Would getting a decline sit up bench be useful, or a waste of money?
Useful, especially for obliques.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Ok cool. It logically seems a good idea, with added gravitational resistance, but there is so much rubbish out there regarding building up your core that I wanted to get an opinion. I might try to pick one up this week, time permitting.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
broke my squat and DL pr.
From this point on i will be breaking my pr on those every time i do em until i stall.

Both are on 105kg
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Nice one

Assistance bands arrived, just tried using the green one, works like a charm. Managed 8 reps, last one tricky. Didn't do any more as tomorrow is the workout day, not today
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Watched Pumping Iron last night, pretty cool/funny movie.

Bought a decline sit up bench today, and scored a free boxing bag earlier in the week. Home gym is building up nicely.

Abs have had that kinda sore tightness today. Did 3 supersets of weighted crunches + lying leg raises. Feels good though

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard