Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium

pirana6 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Oh and I meant 21's as in the bicep exercise 7 halve curls, 7 full curls and 7 curls when you're at the top.
Is that how you do them? I always did 7 bottom half, 7 top half, then 7 full. I suppose in the end it's all the same
I do it like this too. Great way to end a biceps training.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
Had a great workout after having almost a week off AGAIN! Thought the BP would stall like last time but powered through them. Even had enough energy at the end to do a short HIIT session
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Legs/Shoulders today.

I've gotta say my legs've really 'blown up' since I started squatting 3x a week, I believe they're my strongest bodypart now.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Ripped my pants squatting.

https://img838.imageshack.us/img838/918/feelsbadman.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Jebus wrote:

Ripped my pants squatting.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/918/feelsbadman.jpg
lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

My casein has arrived today. When taking it, should I have it right after the gym (10pm) with my regular protein, or should I have it separately right before I go to bed?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

My casein has arrived today. When taking it, should I have it right after the gym (10pm) with my regular protein, or should I have it separately right before I go to bed?
Separately.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
Because it's slow digesting (takes roughly 5-7 hours) it'll provide your body with protein whilst you sleep, which is the only time your body repairs itself (ie. builds muscle).
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

That's kinda disappointing, I was thinking chocolate and banana might mix quite well.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Also, since it's slow acting, should I take just casein on the days I don't work out, or keep up with the whey protein morning and night, with casein before bed?

It smells amazing, I wish my whey was that good.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...
What happened to simply eating food and lifting weights?
inane little opines
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
Been covered eighteen times already
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Shocking wrote:

We are simply doing that. It's just powdered. I cannot afford buying chicken breasts and steaks every day to keep my protein intake high.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...
Yeah but how much Casein do you people need if simply drinking milk isn't good enough? Honestly you should be able to do just fine without all sorts of rigid diets with protein shakes and all that. I mean, the people on this forum aren't exactly mr. olympia contenders who can't do without all sorts of supplements.

What's the goal here? Giant muscles? Unless you've reached your natural limit I really see little reason on why you should be feeding yourself all sorts of shit.
inane little opines
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

What's the issue with people taking supplements?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

Shocking wrote:

i dunno.  but its a huge industry.  sad really.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...
None, I guess. It just seems wholly unnecessary. Doesn't overdosing on protein make you dependant on a huge daily intake as well?
inane little opines
11 Bravo
Banned
when i was younger i bought into that shit.  wish i never wasted that money.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Shocking wrote:

None, I guess. It just seems wholly unnecessary. Doesn't overdosing on protein make you dependant on a huge daily intake as well?
No.

Also, I recover a lot quicker with a protein shake rather than normal solid protein. I don't take casein supplements, or any other supplements but a whey protein shake, and that's because I'm far too busy to cook myself chicken all the time (and it's expensive). It's just easy.
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
Ordered some creatine and another tub of whey today, how do you suggest I incorporate them into my routine Zim.

2.5g pre workout and 2.5g with my protein shake after?

What about non workout days?
11 Bravo
Banned
meh.  everything you need is out there in nature.  i prefer that versus a tub of powder.  but what evs.
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
My diet isn't brilliant and I don't really have the time nor money to be getting the amount of protein I could in a shake which takes 15 seconds to prepare.

From what I gather whey protein and creatine are natural anyway I wouldn't trust synthetic shit made in a lab in the arse end of nowhere though

Each to his own I guess.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

11 Bravo wrote:

meh.  everything you need is out there in nature.  i prefer that versus a tub of powder.  but what evs.
I never eat a lot, so it helps me get that extra protein when i dont have the appetite to eat that protein amount from food.
If i could get 3500+ kcals and 150g of protein by eating i would stop using whey, but i cant so it helps me a lot.
11 Bravo
Banned
i just dont see how you cannot get 100% of your daily requirement without a powder...and i only eat 1500 cals per day yet still get 100

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-20 09:51:28)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Sturgeon wrote:

Ordered some creatine and another tub of whey today, how do you suggest I incorporate them into my routine Zim.

2.5g pre workout and 2.5g with my protein shake after?

What about non workout days?
That's about right. Just 5g in the morning in non-workouts for 6 weeks. Then only on workout days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard