Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, you keep doing it and your body has no choice but to adjust.

I've noticed over the past few weeks I'm slowly getting off track here. Haven't done a 3x workouts in a week for 4-5 weeks now, and I've been drinking more and eating a bit more shit food, eg. I had subway for lunch yesterday and a pizza for dinner, but I was at a LAN and had no access to a supermarket to buy anything healthy. I did make an effort the other night not to get takeaway and instead find a late night supermarket to buy a chicken breast and a couple tomatoes to put with some salad I had at home so I'm not completely off track.

Anyone have any good methods for getting their motivation back? I did buy some new jeans a size smaller which was great (down from a 34" waist to a 32), except it now accentuates the fat I still have to lose
how is subway not healthy?
I really hope you're joking.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma
lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5646|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Zimmer wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, you keep doing it and your body has no choice but to adjust.

I've noticed over the past few weeks I'm slowly getting off track here. Haven't done a 3x workouts in a week for 4-5 weeks now, and I've been drinking more and eating a bit more shit food, eg. I had subway for lunch yesterday and a pizza for dinner, but I was at a LAN and had no access to a supermarket to buy anything healthy. I did make an effort the other night not to get takeaway and instead find a late night supermarket to buy a chicken breast and a couple tomatoes to put with some salad I had at home so I'm not completely off track.

Anyone have any good methods for getting their motivation back? I did buy some new jeans a size smaller which was great (down from a 34" waist to a 32), except it now accentuates the fat I still have to lose
how is subway not healthy?
I really hope you're joking.
its not that bad apart from the sodium...
HaiBai
if you have to eat out, subway is definately the obvious choice if you want to eat healthy
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6700|Long Island, New York
guys a footlong chicken bacon ranch sub with a bag of cheddar and sour cream chips is healthy, because it's from subway and everyone knows "eat fresh" means everything is less than 300 calories!!

subway's healthiER than other fast food places but there's still plenty of bad choices that can be made there
HaiBai

Poseidon wrote:

guys a footlong chicken bacon ranch sub with a bag of cheddar and sour cream chips is healthy, because it's from subway and everyone knows "eat fresh" means everything is less than 300 calories!!

subway's healthiER than other fast food places but there's still plenty of bad choices that can be made there
obviously, but there's nothing wrong with turkey and pepperjack on wheat with a bunch of vegetables.  (apart from the sodium, but i barely have any in my diet anyway so its all good)
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

if you have to eat out, subway is definately the obvious choice if you want to eat healthy
lol. High level of sodium, bread, processed cheese, mayonnaise/sauces with a lot of bad fat/grease.

Maybe if you just had the bread and chicken with salad it would be okay, but any of the other fillings like italian and ranch are full of greasy fat and little nutrition.

Not even close to a healthy place to eat out.
HaiBai

Zimmer wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

lol. High level of sodium, bread, processed cheese, mayonnaise/sauces with a lot of bad fat/grease.

Maybe if you just had the bread and chicken with salad it would be okay, but any of the other fillings like italian and ranch are full of greasy fat and little nutrition.

of course i don't have any sauces/fillings.

i'm curious though, where do you go if you have to eat out but want something healthy?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

Zimmer wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

bullshit zimmer.  a grilled chicken salad from subway is just fine for take out food.

who made you the expert anyway?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-17 09:14:12)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...
A lot of bodybuilders mix fastfood in their diet, getting fastfood every few months doesnt affect your health either.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-04-17 09:20:17)

inane little opines
HaiBai
i agree with 11b.

also, lol at you guys saying i suck mehdi's dick.

ironic because you all suck zimmer's dick
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Yeah, because we agree with him that subway isn't healthy
11 Bravo
Banned

Jebus wrote:

nothing is really that healthy.  your chicken, tuna, protein shakes, etc all have shit in them.  and you can eat healthy at subway.  no worse than most the stuff you all eat all day.  fucking hell.
baggs
+732|6366

HaiBai wrote:

i agree with 11b.

lol at rage.
HaiBai

baggs wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

i agree with 11b.

lol at rage.
u srs?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

11 Bravo wrote:

Jebus wrote:

nothing is really that healthy.  your chicken, tuna, protein shakes, etc all have shit in them.  and you can eat healthy at subway.  no worse than most the stuff you all eat all day.  fucking hell.
FUCKING HELL GUYS. YEAH.
11 Bravo
Banned
pffft
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
This weekend I've been out to a curry, on the piss, 2x macdonalds.

https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney

HaiBai wrote:

i agree with 11b.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CzldJgnHTPw/S796-5NimvI/AAAAAAAAAqo/fQBBfZMgeII/s1600/broken_record.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

Kmar wrote:

What types of curls do you guys prefer for your bi's? I've heard in the past that hammer curls are good for building your peak. I'm not a fan of preacher curls myself. I used to try to isolate the muscles I was working on. Now I like to get other muscles involved. Preacher curls take a lot of the stress off of the shoulders.
Because I'm on a 5 day split now, I can do hammer curls, preacher curls and barbell curls. Not sure where you got "hammer curls are good for building peak", they're the opposite of that because you're not tensing the peak when doing hammer curls. Hammer curls are great for bulking up the biceps and toning it from top to bottom (specifically missing out the peak) and also toning your forearms.

I love preacher curls, but they have to be done right to get the proper workout from them. You must tense like nobodys business at the peak and then a controlled movement back down, feeling the biceps work all the way through. If you put no tension it usually feels like a wasted exercise.

However, the barbell curl is still the greatest method for building bis.

Barbell rows are also very very good for building bicep muscle.

@ Jaekus: Negative sets are when you concentrate on the lowering of the exercise, not the elevating. They are good exercises, but should not be done frequently.

Drop sets are when you lower the weight for the next set after muscle failure has been achieved.
Not sure where I heard it either... it was years ago now. If anything I think would impact your forearms more, as there is less use of the wrist.

The key to drop sets is to pickup the lower weight as soon as you hit muscles failure. I'll get down to 10 lb dumbells and be on the brink of tears to lift them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
So it's hitting to failure and then reducing weight to keep going?
baggs
+732|6366
some days the gym is boring as fuck and i wonder what the cunt i am doing there...

...then i see some fat people...

OH YEAH! o/
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

baggs wrote:

some days the gym is boring as fuck and i wonder what the cunt i am doing there...

...then i see some fat people...

OH YEAH! o/
\o
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6734

\o/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Jaekus wrote:

So it's hitting to failure and then reducing weight to keep going?
Yes, drop and go.. and keep doing it until you cant lift your arms to pick your nose.

lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard