Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

i just don't understand the point of switching routines around all the time.  i don't care if you're going to workout for strength, size, endurance, whatever.  but stick to it instead of changing plans around all the time
Routines should be switched every 6-10 weeks to stop you hitting plateaus.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5341|Sydney

HaiBai wrote:

i just don't understand the point of switching routines around all the time.  i don't care if you're going to workout for strength, size, endurance, whatever.  but stick to it instead of changing plans around all the time
Thing you still don't understand is noone is asking for your advice, it's simply experience from guys who have been there before. All good whatever, just chill if ppl don't always agree.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5646|Bolingbrook, Illinois
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5646|Bolingbrook, Illinois
you're right, im sure i know more then him

FYI, mehdi didn't even write that 

confirms my assumption that you didn't read it, so i'll just ignore your first sentence
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
Confirms my belief that you're just being a dick and not contributing at all to this thread.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Routines should be switched every 6-10 weeks to stop you hitting plateaus.
This .. although tbh, I'm not completely sold on the "muscle confusion stuff".

However, I think there is a psychological (placebo?) effect when you take a new approach. I've been working out for a solid 15 years now, and I usually change it up after a couple of months.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5927|Belgium
I've only done cardio before lifting weights once. At first I felt dizzy, and the running really left me quite depleted, so that first time was the last time.

I usually don't do cardio on lifting days, but if I would I'd always do it after lifting.
I bike for 10-15 mins back to the gym, and back again, so that's probably enough to get me 'warmed up'.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Gah had such a lazy week this week only managed to make it to the gym once. I just can't stand going when it's busy it actually genuinely stinks of shit. I think my lats are way behind on everything I'll probably target back more.

What's the dillio with Haibai?
baggs
+732|6367

wah1188 wrote:

What's the dillio with Haibai?
Diagnosed retardation
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5927|Belgium
So, I'll be starting w/ hypertrophy-specific training again this week, but it's been so long that I can't even remember how a decent split looks like.. Will only be able to go 3 times a week, because of quite some school work, so I was thinking of Chest/Bi's - Legs/Shoulders - Back/Tri's?

Any remarks?
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
Dunno, he seems to only want to tell ppl in this thread to read the SL report and never change your workout routine, and then complain when people decide to do their own thing. Weirdo.

I only got one workout in this week too, one last week and two the week before. All the craziness of the past few weeks has stopped now so back into it tomorrow!
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney

Jebus wrote:

So, I'll be starting w/ hypertrophy-specific training again this week, but it's been so long that I can't even remember how a decent split looks like.. Will only be able to go 3 times a week, because of quite some school work, so I was thinking of Chest/Bi's - Legs/Shoulders - Back/Tri's?

Any remarks?
Isn't it more common to go with back/bi, chest/tri, legs/shoulders if on a 3 day split? And if 4 days both legs and shoulders have their own day?

Just wondering.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Jaekus wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Any remarks?
Isn't it more common to go with back/bi, chest/tri, legs/shoulders if on a 3 day split? And if 4 days both legs and shoulders have their own day?

Just wondering.
generally yea.. keep the push/pull exercises together since they often are worked with the same exercise.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK

Jaekus wrote:

Dunno, he seems to only want to tell ppl in this thread to read the SL report and never change your workout routine, and then complain when people decide to do their own thing. Weirdo.

I only got one workout in this week too, one last week and two the week before. All the craziness of the past few weeks has stopped now so back into it tomorrow!
That stronglifts 5X5 that thing is way too damn long to read. I felt just burnout from last week I went about 4 times and struggled to get to sleep unless it was 4 am. I say each to your own we all have different goals.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Any remarks?

Just wondering.
generally yea.. keep the push/pull exercises together since they often are worked with the same exercise.
I keep my chest and tri separated because if do them on the same day, my bench press or tri exercises will suffer to some degree.
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney

wah1188 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

That stronglifts 5X5 that thing is way too damn long to read. I felt just burnout from last week I went about 4 times and struggled to get to sleep unless it was 4 am. I say each to your own we all have different goals.
Exactly my point too, re: each to their own.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6354|Roma
I'm trying to stay to a 3 day split on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, but can't always follow it so I end up working out on a Friday sometimes.
Is it best to get straight back to Sun, Tues, Thurs, or miss Sunday altogether and only workout 2 days that week?
Last week I worked out M, W, and F, so I would be doing almost 2 weeks without a reasonable break. I'm getting to the point where I think I could do with some more rest each time, so should I skip today or power through?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
I'm no expert and haven't read enough to give an answer, it would be merely opinion. In saying that I think there are a couple other factors to consider, like how much you are eating and sleeping. I guess if you do a lot of both it would be logical to presume your recovery would be improved and you could get away with doing this from time to time?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6354|Roma
I don't make a particular effort to eat everything perfectly, and my sleep is ok.
I'm thinking I might miss it today, and maybe start again on a monday because I can, and skip the extra day when I have to rather than choosing to do it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5927|Belgium
Just attempted a Plance Pushup; holy shit they're hard!

Last edited by Jebus (2011-04-10 14:56:11)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Kampframmer wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Just wondering.
I keep my chest and tri separated because if do them on the same day, my bench press or tri exercises will suffer to some degree.
Isn't that the point? .. to make them suffer . I want to break my chest/tri's down, and then give them enough time to repair. The exercises I do for my chest usually involve my tri's. So if I did my chest monday, and my tri's tuesday I would be working my tri's on both consecutive days.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
Cracked the 200lbs for my squats today (91.3kg - 82.5kg in plates, bar is 8.8kg), it felt good to cross that milestone

Also cracked 50kg on my bench press and bent over rows but the final set of bench pressing I had bad form and only managed 3 reps. Starting to hit the sticking point on all exercises now.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Isn't that the point? .. to make them suffer . I want to break my chest/tri's down, and then give them enough time to repair. The exercises I do for my chest usually involve my tri's. So if I did my chest monday, and my tri's tuesday I would be working my tri's on both consecutive days.
Thats why i said my bench press and tri exercises and not the muscles. The muscles should suffer, but my lifts not
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
Decided to go with Romanian deadlift because its the only good way to truly work the hamstrings. Did 165 pounds (75 kg) this morning; it really kills the lower back. Squat is up to 215 (97) and bench to 125 (56.8). I'm looking forward to reaching the two plate squat and one plate bench press, I'll have finally left my high school strength in the dust once I reach that point.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5927|Belgium
What do you guys think for this as a triceps workout? (After back)

Dips / Seated Triceps Press / Cable Pulldown / Skullcrushers/CGBP supersetted to finish off.

I'm making a new split, emphasizing on weaker parts (like triceps, shoulders and chest)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard