Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

Yeah, you probobly are.
I'm thinking about starting tabata instead, but I really need a partner to do something as intense as that....
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
I just looked it up, looks nuts. I might give it a go in like a year lol.
lrishpride
+68|5148
2011 is a new year. I hope to lose the 1.5 stone i've put on over the last few months from Jan-Mar
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

Jestar wrote:

Yeah, you probobly are.
I'm thinking about starting tabata instead, but I really need a partner to do something as intense as that....
Why would you need a partner?

and it is intense. I came close to vomitting a few times.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Had to lie down today after doing legs. lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Just did my HIIT for the day (3x a week). Time for a breakfast shake.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Had to lie down today after doing legs. lol
Then I almost fell asleep.
Fuck getting up at 4am
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

Jebus wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Yeah, you probobly are.
Why would you need a partner?

and it is intense. I came close to vomitting a few times.
Yeah, don't know what I was saying. I've been doing tabata sprints once a week and burpees 3/4 times a week. Sprints are pretty fucked, but the burps aren't too bad, I can do them everyday anyway.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Dunno how I'm gonna find time to do my legs/shoulders day tomorrow. Work then NYE party at mine shortly after I get home. Maybe I can get up at 7am and do them, but I'll be pretty tired and I don't like working out when tired, especially doing squats. Or if I finish work early...

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-30 04:03:39)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Wake up early, do you workout (bike 10 mins to 'wake up' - or you should be doing that to warm up anyway) then go for it
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Means getting up at 7, which isn't that early, except it's almost 1am now... but I'll regret it if I don't.

OR

I could do my legs or shoulders in the morning before work, and the other when I get home from work. Don't have an hour when I get home (finish work 3:30, gotta get some things on the way home and then 5pm party kicks off) but I could manage 20-30 minutes.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-30 06:48:09)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Or just skip a workout, don't feel bad about it

My situation is much worse lol, I'm craving to go to the gym but I just can't find time.

Getting up at 7.30AM, studying till 10-11PM and then going to bed.

Diet is shit too atm. FML.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
fuck it, its no big deal missing 1 workout, i missed 3 over christmas and will be missing one this week too.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5484|Bolingbrook, Illinois
i didn't miss any.  don't pussy out, wake up early and do them.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I just woke up, gonna do my shoulders as I have a bit more time than I will this arvo.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Shoulders done
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Started reading the 5x5 guide, seems pretty convincing. Anyone else tried it?
I want to start it when I get back in the UK, there is no squat rack here.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I bought a squat rack the day before I got it actually.

I'm not 100% convinced either though a lot does make sense. But looking through some of the transformations, most of them don't have bodies I'm aiming to achieve for myself. I'm sticking with my current routine as I'm starting to see more results now.

Trying to lose fat AND gain muscle simultaneously is pretty hard. I've read a bit about it and studies show it is possible. Just takes a bit longer. But I've noticed both fat reduction and more muscle so it is working, though slow going (or so it seems).
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Feel so lazy today, unmotivated and really didn't feel like working out. I did do my regular chest/tri workout though, but felt lacking in energy. Got through more reps with the same weight on most exercises than last week though, even if it was by one rep in total across all three sets for a few exercises.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-01-03 02:23:13)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
It happens, there's no way on earth you'll be able to work out every single time of your life with massive energy and being able to lift more weights/do more reps than the last time. It's natural. When it occurs I always find that particular training session a great time to deload, meaning I work with less work than usual (no specific %, others guys can give you one though, I just use what feels right) and just concentrate on getting the movement and form completly correct, so I can get the blood flowing.

On other days, it's just a mental thing, and I'll tell myself to man up and not be a pussy and get my ass under the bar.
Works too
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Haha!

I think for me it was having a big night NYE and consequently have done nothing for the two days after. My diet also went a little out the window too so I probably wasn't getting the energy I've become used to.

Dunno. In any case I did it and that's the main thing

I've been reading mixed opinions about gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. I'm not wanting to turn into an Arnold but I'd like to gain a bit of muscle over time. What's the general consensus?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
People bulk and cut (if you're not familiar with these terms, I'll explain). To maximize results from their efforts. Sadly you won't turn into an Arnold overnight, that takes years of dedicated training (and roids), but if you maintain a disciplinary training regime and stick to it you'll surely see the results you wanted
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Yeah I know about bulking and cutting. I'm looking to more lose fat at the moment, mainly around my belly, and tone my muscles up. Once I lose the fat I'll feel more comfortable with eating like a horse to get bigger. But I'd like to gain muscle whilst losing fat, even if it's just a little bit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
5lbs of ON (Rocky Road should flavour) should be coming soon. Definitely notice a difference in recovery and general wellbeing when I'm not on the whey (ran out awhile ago and didn't go for more until after)

I feel weak, sore and lazy, but there's a few reasons for that anyway...
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah I know about bulking and cutting. I'm looking to more lose fat at the moment, mainly around my belly, and tone my muscles up. Once I lose the fat I'll feel more comfortable with eating like a horse to get bigger. But I'd like to gain muscle whilst losing fat, even if it's just a little bit.
Well, keep working out hard then, do enough cardio and watch your food intake (you'll be needing quite some protein!).

I think you should be eating slightly above maintenance level (kcal-wise) and then calculate in the cardio to end up with a deficit. Not 100% sure on this though.

How much BF% are you at anyway? Or got a recent pic?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard