Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
For starters, it keeps track of your last session. So no more guessing 'oh, I'll go with 18kg's today', while you pushed out enough reps the last time to justify 20kgs this session, for example.. So it keeps you progressing every time, helps you push yourself further (you know exactly how many reps you did with a certain weight - I always try to improve this or take a heigher weight).

Also, it has a timer you can use in between sets to keep you going, as I sometimes pause for way longer than intended because I'm looking for a song..
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6552|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

For starters, it keeps track of your last session. So no more guessing 'oh, I'll go with 18kg's today', while you pushed out enough reps the last time to justify 20kgs this session, for example.. So it keeps you progressing every time, helps you push yourself further (you know exactly how many reps you did with a certain weight - I always try to improve this or take a heigher weight).

Also, it has a timer you can use in between sets to keep you going, as I sometimes pause for way longer than intended because I'm looking for a song..
Yeah good point, so you do your work, then type in how many reps and weight you did and click save and the rest timer starts yeah?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

White-Fusion wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Yeah good point, so you do your work, then type in how many reps and weight you did and click save and the rest timer starts yeah?
Exactly. It features two columns (one with the weight - one with the reps). It's set on the amount of weight and reps you did last time, so you can just scroll down to, for example, add one more rep.

https://androidtv.pe/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/jefit-android-app-2.png

Looks like that, but a bit better now. You have to buttons, regular save and save&start timer. Second one makes a large timer appear which prepares you for the next set. Regular save doesn't start any kind of timer.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Here guys, get the new 5x5 for free, the offer only lasts a short while, so don't hesitate

http://stronglifts.com/5x5-report.html
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Done
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
Did 90kg bench for the first time. Feels good bro.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver

Jebus wrote:

Here guys, get the new 5x5 for free, the offer only lasts a short while, so don't hesitate

done. Thanks Jebus, Karmaz!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

wah1188 wrote:

Whoa, nice brah. I'm still struggling with bench. Did 70x5 (~BW) today, but it hurted my shoulder a bit
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

Jebus wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Whoa, nice brah. I'm still struggling with bench. Did 70x5 (~BW) today, but it hurted my shoulder a bit
Yeah felt a little bit of pain near the armpit.
lrishpride
+68|5148
i'm getting fat. pushing on 13 stone. suks
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver

lrishpride wrote:

i'm getting fat. pushing on 13 stone. suks
yous got bigger shit to worry about then getting fat and working out brother.  Godbless ya man, Ill pray for your family.
lrishpride
+68|5148
Sorry I've been avoiding your questions about how things are going. I'm not going to say it wasn't rough but we're very happy now and all is well. The entire experience has made me a better person and I value the simple things in life much more than I did before. I'd love to manage to find a few hours a week to hit the gym or just have the will-power to eat healthy in, basically, complete chaos.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

SonderKommando wrote:

Jebus wrote:

This guy on the site sounds real professional, sure it's legit?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

PrivateVendetta wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Jebus wrote:

This guy on the site sounds real professional, sure it's legit?
Yes, it's legit. I've been reading his mail for a very long time now, and although he copy-pastes and gives himself a lot of credit, he's usually spot on with his advise. I agree that site might look a 'bit' shady, but it's all legit. Check out his regular site : http://stronglifts.com/

And if you're still paranoid, enter a second email or something..
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Nah i did it last night anyway, just looked unprofessional.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Back/Triceps today. Lezgo!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Something shot in my back today (is that how you say it?) Was doing pullovers and fell a sharp pain. Did some triceps after that as it didn't bother me, but hopefully it isn't anything serious.

And my deadlift is going up so slow... Been stuck at 120KGX5 for over a month now, and I only just managed 125x1 today..
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Should I be making deadlifts as heavy as I can? I've been doing light ones, straight legged for my lower back. Legs tomorrow so I'll do the proper ones then. But I'm meant to do lots of weight and low reps, yeah?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Depends on what your goals are, really. But you can never go wrong with heavy compounds
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Sweeeet. I've only had 5kg per side on my barbell I bought last week (mainly because I couldn't afford the 10kg weights along with the 5kg and a couple more 2.5kg) and can get through 3x12 sets/reps without struggling, feel a tightness to be sure though (straight legged deadlifts).

I also want to get a squat rack. Got a looooong way to go and despite my hard efforts the past week (including diet, supps and workout with HIIT cardio on my off days) and a half I'm not noticing much change at all, but I'll keep going anyway.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-23 06:49:34)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Ohh, you've got a homegym then?

Be sure to take pictures, because you look at yourself daily in the mirror (at least, you should!) and that's why you're not really noticing any gains. I think the same myself, but you guys keep telling me I did gain, so yeah .

So you did a 30KG deadlift. Great way to shape up your technique (although those 5kgs are probably too small in diameter - meaning you have to reach lower... (put something underneath where the weights touch the floor to immitate 25kgs!). But don't be afraid to up the weight, by a fair bit. Just keep a close eye on form.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Yeah, home gym. I currently own a set of dumbbells, a barbell, a flat bench and an incline bench. Also have a pull up bar (can't even do one lol! - using a chair for aid) and an exercise matt for my ab routine.

I'm just focussing on form at the moment as I'm new to barbells (only started using it when I bought it last Friday). I've upped my dumbbells to about 6kg for a lot of exercises, which I'm getting to 12 reps on. I'm going to up those ones a bit more next week, see how I go on 8 reps of 7.5kg.

The big thing for me is to lose the belly fat. I'm getting better at the ab exercises but the belly fat was going, and now it seems to have stalled. Maybe I'm just looking for results too soon. I'm trying to gain muscle whilst losing fat at the same time, something I've read is hard to do? I've taken a few pics and noticed slight change over 4 weeks. I did have a week off and at a few too many carbs and beers over that weekend. Diet is back on track now though.

When I can afford it I'm going to buy some 10kg plates for the barbell, and a squat rack. I tried lifting the barbell up and over onto my back last week, but found that if I made the weight greater I'd also risk injury. Safety first.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, home gym. I currently own a set of dumbbells, a barbell, a flat bench and an incline bench. Also have a pull up bar (can't even do one lol! - using a chair for aid) and an exercise matt for my ab routine.

I'm just focussing on form at the moment as I'm new to barbells (only started using it when I bought it last Friday). I've upped my dumbbells to about 6kg for a lot of exercises, which I'm getting to 12 reps on. I'm going to up those ones a bit more next week, see how I go on 8 reps of 7.5kg.

The big thing for me is to lose the belly fat. I'm getting better at the ab exercises but the belly fat was going, and now it seems to have stalled. Maybe I'm just looking for results too soon. I'm trying to gain muscle whilst losing fat at the same time, something I've read is hard to do? I've taken a few pics and noticed slight change over 4 weeks. I did have a week off and at a few too many carbs and beers over that weekend. Diet is back on track now though.

When I can afford it I'm going to buy some 10kg plates for the barbell, and a squat rack. I tried lifting the barbell up and over onto my back last week, but found that if I made the weight greater I'd also risk injury. Safety first.
To get the right height for the bar when deadlifting with smaller weights, use this technique:

https://stronglifts.com/images/deadlift-small-plates.jpg

And yes, building muscle while trying to shave off fat isn't the easiest to do, but it should be quite doable when you have excess fat. Ab exercises might make your belly a bit more tight, but it won't make the fat go away, this is where the cardio comes in (you do HIIT, right?).

About the pullups - don't worry about them! When I first started out I had trouble doing 3 in a row, now I can easily do 20 with strict form. It's a good thing you're using the chair, you can use it to get to the highest point and then drop down as slow as possible (= eccentric movement), keep doing this and you should be able to manage a clean pull-up in no time!

About the squat rack. I'd never dare to do a squat without a proper squat/power-rack. That said, the weights would be to hard to jerk on my back anyway. Look for a power- or squat rack somewhere

By the way, don't sweat (?) your diet that much. It's a good thing you're making a conscious effort to maintain a healthier (and better!) lifestyle, so rewards are in place, to a certain degree

Sounds like you're doing great, keep it up mate!

Last edited by Jebus (2010-12-23 15:13:15)

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Thanks
I think I needed a bit of a confidence boost.

My current routine is:

Mon: chest/tri
Tues: HIIT cardio (8 sets), abs
Wed: back/bi
Thurs: HIIT cardio, abs
Fri: Legs/shoulders
Sat: HIIT cardio, abs
Sun: rest

Diet:

Brekky: rolled oats with 2 scoops of whey protein concentrate (has BCAAs in it), full cream milk; or 5 egg whites (with tomato/mushroom/low fat cheese/whatever) on a piece of wholemeal toast.
Lunch: sandwich (wholemeal bread, tomato, cheese and turkey breast)
Dinner: either roast chicken breast with non-salt seasoning (eg: rosemary, cayenne pepper, lemongrass and garlic) or rib fillet steak with steamed vegies and gravy (gravy has low carbs and no fat)
Snacks: apples, protein bars, if I'm out and need to eat I'll try to get a something like salmon sushi or something.

Supplements:
Whey Protein Concentrate (3x on workout days, 2x on cardio days)
Swisse Men's Ultivite (multivitamin)
Fish oil caps (x3)
Creatine (once, post workout)
Glutamine (post workout)

So yeah, I'm really trying hard. I really want a transformation!!!

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-23 15:06:25)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Looks great man! Pretty solid diet too. Although you've gotta be missing your smaller meals.. (or are those your snacks?)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard