lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

jord wrote:

Come on we're overdue a good UK/Us argument, and I'm bored, just bite already.

I think I might light up my genuine Cuban Cigar, Mmmm Habana, I love you. Care to join me, Lowing... Feos? What's that, you don't have any real Cuban Cigars there? Oh, I'm awfully sorry.
Nope no real Cuban cigars, I do have a 3000 sq ft home sitting on a acre in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge mountains however, I think I am out growing it, might need to step it up, not enough room ya know. and I am enjoying my home theater, my guns, my 2 cars, the NFL, MLB, and the fact that big brother does not have a camera on me at every turn. But you go ahead and enjoy your smoke.

and, I don't have to watch soccer

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-19 07:46:19)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6702|NJ
Hey man my grandpappa came from the axis of evil.. You know the ones that almost got away with it TWICE..

Yeah and how's that owning the whole world working out for you?  I see most contries have kicked you guys out, I'm sure having an ally isn't as cool as having a commonwealth.

But lowing If you think the major companies came up from nothing you're out of your mind.. If I had alot more money to play around with I'd have crazy advertising, hire people and be sitting back reaping the benefits of the money I had. But instead I have to be more carefull with my money and work harder.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Don't forget to add that the domonican cigars are alot better anyway.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hey man my grandpappa came from the axis of evil.. You know the ones that almost got away with it TWICE..

Yeah and how's that owning the whole world working out for you?  I see most contries have kicked you guys out, I'm sure having an ally isn't as cool as having a commonwealth.

But lowing If you think the major companies came up from nothing you're out of your mind.. If I had alot more money to play around with I'd have crazy advertising, hire people and be sitting back reaping the benefits of the money I had. But instead I have to be more carefull with my money and work harder.
Work harder? Your a business owner, you don't work hard, and you certainly do not earn your money.........remember?

I don't own the whole world, just an acre of it, and I don't like it, not enough room. But no need tobe a hater, besides, you have those fine Cubans to wrap your lips around.

We've been kicked out? Of where?

Your grand father fought for Germany during WW2? Do tell, and no I am not being a smart ass about this, I truely am interested

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-19 08:01:16)

jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Actually we left most countries to their own devices, they didn't, and couldn't kick us out. Shame really, last I checked Africa hasn't been doing too well since we left. America's leaders haven't been too great either. Your choices suck, probably better off having us rule over you really.

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

I think I might light up my genuine Cuban Cigar, Mmmm Habana, I love you. Care to join me, Lowing... Feos? What's that, you don't have any real Cuban Cigars there? Oh, I'm awfully sorry.
Nope no real Cuban cigars, I do have a 3000 sq ft home sitting on a acre in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge mountains however, I think I am out growing it, might need to step it up, not enough room ya know. and I am enjoying my home theater, my guns, my 2 cars, the NFL, MLB, and the fact that big brother does not have a camera on me at every turn. But you go ahead and enjoy your smoke.

Take NFl/MLB and you had a decent argument. You just destroyed your attempt right there.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

'football's good ask marine!

if thats what you really have im mad jealous, blue ridge mountains look beautiful
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
sorry lowing we got mixed up I was talking to the brits. About the kicked out and what not..

Grandfather didn't fight for the nazi(he had bad eye site, then became a bus driver in Jersey City seriously) so he bounced out after WWI and on the way to Eilis Island was afraid that they wouldn't let him in due to his eye site, so he jumped the boat and swam into Jersey City. Shame I never actually got to meet him, he died when I was 5ish and I didn't even know he was alive because my father hated him.

Back on the business thing, Lowing I'm trying to grow my business which what money I make. I don't have the financial backings that most of the larger companies have and majority of them that are started up have the backing of there families that have been rich forever. The money that is at the top of this pile is there due to the fact that the wealth doesn't adjust, I can put in the time and the effort but if I had the money I'd be able to test out marketing strategies that I can't afford right now.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

If we are going to watch something, for 2 hours we want to see results, action a struggle. As it is "football" is short on action, and long on kicking a ball around a field. Boring is an understatement
On this we can agree. Most sports thoroughly suck, baseball, football, american football, australian football.
Rugby is not too bad.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-20 15:43:47)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX
The money that is at the top of this pile is there due to the fact that the wealth doesn't adjust, I can put in the time and the effort but if I had the money I'd be able to test out marketing strategies that I can't afford right now.
Its a lot easier to make a $20,000,000 business if you have $10,000,000 to start with compared to if you have $20,000 of seedcorn funding.
This is what lowing doesn't get.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Naa Rich people are just rich cause they work harder, lol..

But yeah it's a ton easier to grow a business if you have the backing, or if you buy out a bussiness that has been sinking..
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6681|Belgium

lowing wrote:

Pierre wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/108119/the-accidental-hero.html?mod=career-selfemployment

let people keep their money and they will spend it. Creating jobs, and putting mor epeople back to work. Steeling it for road to nowhere govt. projects hurts all of us eventually.

If taxes are reduced people have more to spend, and they will.
One question: who, in the end, paid you for your job taking care of helicopters in Iraq?
The company I work for.

I know what you are trying to do, and if that is the direction you want to go, lets. Shall we start with your job,m assuming you even have one?
Bullshit, and yoiu know it.
Your company had a government contract, so in the end you were paid with taxpayer's money.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

But yeah it's a ton easier to grow a business if you have the backing, or if you buy out a bussiness that has been sinking..
I tkae it, based on this that you pay yourself less than your workers. Because you obviously have not earned anything in your attempt to grow your business.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I tkae it, based on this that you pay yourself less than your workers. Because you obviously have not earned anything in your attempt to grow your business.
Actually I do, I payout my workers higher then I make. But I have more workers so on one of there production I'd make alot less money, but on all of their's I make more..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Actually I do, I payout my workers higher then I make. But I have more workers so on one of there production I'd make alot less money, but on all of their's I make more..
Lol, that was not the question. I did not mean your workers combined, but I think you know that.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lol, that was not the question. I did not mean your workers combined, but I think you know that.
Oh I give them a chance to make more then me.. Which would still be good for me, if someone closed 45k on there own and the rest did under 10, that person would probably make more money then me. But hey in this business, it's all gravy what they make.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

jord wrote:

FEOS wrote:

jord wrote:

I like to refer to the American revolution as the 2nd English civil war, what with both sides being commanded by an English officer...
Washington wasn't English.

jord wrote:

That's what overseas trips are for.
He was born in British America. Plus I imagine his forefathers were English, like a lot of Americans.

When I look at the continent of America alls I see is Canada=Britain/France
America=Britain
South America=Spain and other lesser Euro countries.
The maps you look at are REALLY old, then.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard