lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

OK so lets put it this way.. WallMart wants to get into the Aircraft business because hey every ones traveling now a days.. They buy a bunch of planes and helicopters at bulk to get them really cheap, and they start doing there business.. Since wall mart is a multibillion dollar company they undercut all other airline prices by 50% and hire people at min wage to work for them.. Hey if you're in business the best way for you to make money in the future is to put the competition out of business and they'll just write off the loses against one of there profitable businesses.

So now the company that you work for who has years of experience needs to cut there costs, but really can't compete because they're operating at a lost. So now your company which has been in business needs to find a way to cut costs, cut your pay while extending your hours or laying people off. So now your getting shorted on your paychecks but the only option is to see if wallmart will hire you at min wage.

Now that's how Wallmart operates and that's why people can't earn livable wages, it's not like people aren't work it's that they're doing more work for less money.
Sorry, I am a licensed aircraft mechanic, if you want me to work on your planes, and that is a must, it is going to cost you.

If you want them to actually fly safe legal and on time,, you need experienced mechanics. You are not going to get that looking for cheap labor around the liquor store.
Yeah like the licensee Airline pilot that my friend is, got pay cut from 70k to 50k probably because he's a higher grade so they're flying the younger guys with smaller hour wages.. So yeah we also know that your bussiness never needed any government hand outs, and is the most stable bussiness out there.
If your pilot friend took a pay cut, it is because his union gave concessions back to the airline. In other words, they voted on it and it passed. Blame him.

I am not for govt. bailouts of any sort, not even in my industry, some airlines have just got to go, and yes, until recently I worked for a legacy carrier until I decides it was time for me to go. That is what being marketable does for you, you have options. Try it.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6702|NJ
Again I'm self employed and doing fine so I'm plenty marketable.. No when you're an airline pilot they are very covered in hours that they can work and scheduling can actually control the amount of hours he gets(I'm not really sure but I know it's crazy).

I'm glad that you're above all the globalization in this world, and I"m sure if they could easily get planes to Mexico that they'd probably not really have a use for you..
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5407

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Again I'm self employed and doing fine
doing fine?  thats not what you say in other threads.  make up your mind.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ

Red Forman wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

yeah those other threads that are like 4-6 months old? Times change my friend and I did fine over the summer, have deals right now(had an actual bad day and need to try to fix them)..

Self Employeed has it's ups and downs and hopefully the ups are good enough to help ride out the downs.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5407

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

yeah those other threads that are like 4-6 months old? Times change my friend and I did fine over the summer, have deals right now(had an actual bad day and need to try to fix them)..

Self Employeed has it's ups and downs and hopefully the ups are good enough to help ride out the downs.
no just recently...like within the month.  i dunno. w/e.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Naa I haven't really posted shit recently.. I've been busy, I might have complained about how the business sucks and it's getting harder to close deals.. Property Taxes going up, banks only accepting net income now, homes over priced, all the common sense in the business is out the door.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Again I'm self employed and doing fine so I'm plenty marketable.. No when you're an airline pilot they are very covered in hours that they can work and scheduling can actually control the amount of hours he gets(I'm not really sure but I know it's crazy).

I'm glad that you're above all the globalization in this world, and I"m sure if they could easily get planes to Mexico that they'd probably not really have a use for you..
No, your pilot friend is restricted on flight hours a month, there are also restrictions flights hours a day and rules governing rest in between.

If they could get planes to Mexico, and I lost my job, I guess I would simply have t ofind another one huh? Or is it my "RIGHT" to have one provided for me?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5407

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

No, your pilot friend is restricted on flight hours a month, there are also restrictions flights hours a day and rules governing rest in between.

If they could get planes to Mexico, and I lost my job, I guess I would simply have t ofind another one huh? Or is it my "RIGHT" to have one provided for me?
spot on sir
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Ummm I think it's everyone right to have opportunity's offered to them for employment. I don't buy into the illegals are doing jobs that Americans don't want or won't do. When I was in High School I was a life guard, which included Cleaning up bathrooms, maintaining the yard, and cleaning up garbage.  I used to look at this country people with great pride thinking that if there were tasks we needed to get done, that we'd do them ourselves(Like the Twin Towers design, oh wait that's being done by a Spanish architect). 

I do agree with lower taxes, but if all these "Rich" people who provide all these great jobs just up and leave won't we have to make a new system to fill the void.

Lowing and Red would you rather be wearing clothing made in China, or would  you rather spend an extra couple of dollars and support your fellow American?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ummm I think it's everyone right to have opportunity's offered to them for employment. I don't buy into the illegals are doing jobs that Americans don't want or won't do. When I was in High School I was a life guard, which included Cleaning up bathrooms, maintaining the yard, and cleaning up garbage.  I used to look at this country people with great pride thinking that if there were tasks we needed to get done, that we'd do them ourselves(Like the Twin Towers design, oh wait that's being done by a Spanish architect). 

I do agree with lower taxes, but if all these "Rich" people who provide all these great jobs just up and leave won't we have to make a new system to fill the void.

Lowing and Red would you rather be wearing clothing made in China, or would  you rather spend an extra couple of dollars and support your fellow American?
Nope I would rather let competition prevail. I will wear the clothes that are the best quality for the best price.

American auto makers tried that bullshit in the early 80's, build junk and rely on patriotism to sell it. They lost their ass and rightfully so.

Build a good product and sell it competitively and may the best product win.

By your statement, I will assume if you were flying to Europe, you would fly an American carrier, instead of a European carrier even if the American carrier was several hundred dollars more expensive. You would not go for the cheapest flight, you would support your fellow Americans and pay the extra money. Go ahead and lie to me.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Seriously it depends on the options.. I'd never fly air china or air Indian cause my life depends on it, and they have those planes up all the time..
But I'm willing to bet most of those companies hire American pilots cause we're the best third world country out there.

But what if competition prevailing destroyed your country?

Right now most the parts and Assembly of American auto makers aren't done here and our cars are still shit? We're trapped in a we're better then everyone else mind set, with nothing to back it up..

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-11-16 07:22:45)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Seriously it depends on the options.. I'd never fly air china or air Indian cause my life depends on it, and they have those planes up all the time..
But I'm willing to bet most of those companies hire American pilots cause we're the best third world country out there.

But what if competition prevailing destroyed your country?

Right now most the parts and Assembly of American auto makers aren't done here and our cars are still shit? We're trapped in a we're better then everyone else mind set, with nothing to back it up..
Well ya lost me, are you still maintaining I am supposed to support America industry no matter what? Are you maintaining that you do, no matter what? I didn't say China or India. I said a European carrier, one that is every bit as good if not better than an a American carrier.

I did say in the 80's

Anyway I own a Toyota and a Honda. You gunna tell me I shouda bought a chevy or a ford sadan even though I know they are shit? Don't think so

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-16 10:52:06)

cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
I'm saying that instead of our companies striving to become good, that the Tax Breaks they are rewarded for failing is better then actually succeeding..

Also the financing of the foreign cars just blows away the financing available for local cars. Even if the cars made are better, for trucks I don't think you can beat a ford.

Yeah the European Carriers probably have American pilots cause we're now cheap labor.. So even flying the better cost airline is good for our economy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm saying that instead of our companies striving to become good, that the Tax Breaks they are rewarded for failing is better then actually succeeding..

Also the financing of the foreign cars just blows away the financing available for local cars. Even if the cars made are better, for trucks I don't think you can beat a ford.

Yeah the European Carriers probably have American pilots cause we're now cheap labor.. So even flying the better cost airline is good for our economy.
you are totally off the mark form the post I responded to about how I should support American industry.

opinion. based

bullshit, you are tap dancing
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Tap dancing on what? That you'd rather save a dollar then support your country?

When no one has money to support your business don't trip over running to the unemployment line.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Tap dancing on what? That you'd rather save a dollar then support your country?

When no one has money to support your business don't trip over running to the unemployment line.
You said I was supposed to support America industry over letting competition rule

I challenged you to tell me that you do not shop for the cheapest flights to Europe that you instead would fly an American carrier and pay more because you support American industry. Although I am sure there are exceptions, European carriers have national citizens flying for them by and large and any money you give that carrier is going to support that company. DO not try and excuse yourself by telling me if you fly the foreign carrier that you are supporting the USA, you are not.

SO one last time from the top. Lie to me, and tell me you will not shop for the cheapest flight to Europe, and you will instead pay more even if it means flying an American carrier

and it is up to a company to ensure people come back by providing the best prices, service and quality, not out of some sort of obligation

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-16 14:10:02)

cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Interesting from the looks of it the american airlines are the cheapest?

So fine I'll lie to you and say yes I'd rather pay an additional 50-100 dollars and fly a US based Airline, then pay for a european one.. It's good to know that you'd sell out co-worker for the cheapiest price. You'd also probably hire a mexican to do your labor jobs at your house, then complain about raised taxes.
PureFodder
+225|6292
and the moral of this story is.........

quit moaning about taxes and just get on with it. Even with all the taxes going around it's still perfectly possible to earn a whole crap load of money. Past generations put up with much higher taxes without crying about it at every opportunity, now stfu and get back to work.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Interesting from the looks of it the american airlines are the cheapest?

So fine I'll lie to you and say yes I'd rather pay an additional 50-100 dollars and fly a US based Airline, then pay for a european one.. It's good to know that you'd sell out co-worker for the cheapiest price. You'd also probably hire a mexican to do your labor jobs at your house, then complain about raised taxes.
Actually I fly for free, so I am not selling out anyone. and yes you are lying. You, like everyone else will go on travelosity, or use your travel agent etc to find the cheapest way to get from point a to point b.

yes I have hired day laborers for shit around the house. If I saw an american actively looking for work I would have hired them. Instead, they are over at the welfare office drawing a check.

in fact, aren't I already paying them? Maybe it is time they showed up and do some work

If you want, we can also discuss your Sony or Samsung, TV, PC or appliances you have in your house.

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-16 14:37:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

PureFodder wrote:

and the moral of this story is.........

quit moaning about taxes and just get on with it. Even with all the taxes going around it's still perfectly possible to earn a whole crap load of money. Past generations put up with much higher taxes without crying about it at every opportunity, now stfu and get back to work.
Yeah right.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
See Airline pilot friend.. But anyway no I'm not lying, an extra 50 dollars to keep American money here is really worth it. I also when going out to eat, try to eat at real restaurants not the chain ones or fast food. I live off of people who live locally so I try to keep my money around here, not going to some corporate office in Illinois or some shit.

I try to get my shirts and suits from local tailors and my hair cuts from local barbers. I like the idea of a community, now I might spend a little more on my merchandise but honestly it's worth it for me.  By the way Tailors are so worth it, you might spend an extra 10-20 dollars but having a fitted dress shirt is awesome.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

See Airline pilot friend.. But anyway no I'm not lying, an extra 50 dollars to keep American money here is really worth it. I also when going out to eat, try to eat at real restaurants not the chain ones or fast food. I live off of people who live locally so I try to keep my money around here, not going to some corporate office in Illinois or some shit.

I try to get my shirts and suits from local tailors and my hair cuts from local barbers. I like the idea of a community, now I might spend a little more on my merchandise but honestly it's worth it for me.  By the way Tailors are so worth it, you might spend an extra 10-20 dollars but having a fitted dress shirt is awesome.
hmmmmm ya went from 100 to 50.....SO really what is the price limit for your loyalty? and you forgot to tell me about your SOny and Samsung products in your house. and yers you are lying at even 50 bucks. If you fly your famly to Europe you are not going to spend an extra 200-300 bucks out of loyalty and keeping me employed.

Don't look now but all of those chains hire locals. I use the Mens Wearhouse, personally.

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-16 15:01:36)

cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Yeah all the chains hire locals at a fraction of the price as a local place pays..  Not lying but I do get the buddy passes when I want, and to be honest if I were to go somewhere I'd try to get my buddy who fly's private to get me on a trip(not sure how'd that work out)..

It's the problem with Major Corporations, they get tax breaks because the local governments think they're going to stimulate job growth. They undercut all the Locally Owned places and don't pay the employee's as much as they would.

Everybody has a price and I'll say that I'll shell out a couple extra bucks to fly an American airline..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah all the chains hire locals at a fraction of the price as a local place pays..  Not lying but I do get the buddy passes when I want, and to be honest if I were to go somewhere I'd try to get my buddy who fly's private to get me on a trip(not sure how'd that work out)..

It's the problem with Major Corporations, they get tax breaks because the local governments think they're going to stimulate job growth. They undercut all the Locally Owned places and don't pay the employee's as much as they would.

Everybody has a price and I'll say that I'll shell out a couple extra bucks to fly an American airline..
Ok so lets get this straight. You are gunna absorb all the extra cost and taxes for Obamacare, you won't lay anyone off or cut salaries to cover your losses and you do not shop for the best product at the best price, you go straight to the American made products and pay whatever they charge even though the foriegn product is probably better for the money. Even plane tickets, if you can't find a way to fly for free, you will just go ahead and pay whatever it takes to make sure you are on an American carrier.

You also forgot to tell me about all of your American made appliances, PC and home theater equipment.

Sorry, you are simply a liar.

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-17 14:11:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

They don't wnat to ship jobs overseas, but when the govt. is going to assrape you on earnings in this country it makes perfect sense to do so.
Total bullshit.
If you want them to actually fly safe legal and on time,, you need experienced mechanics. You are not going to get that looking for cheap labor around the liquor store.
Pretty sure there are 100 chinese who will do your job just as well for 1/10th of your wage.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard