DeadboyUSMC
+65|6697|NCFSU2
I am always constantly amazed by the lack of teamwork in this SQUAD BASED game. Too many players think that thier actions alone are going to change the outcome of the game, well guess what Suzy, it ain't! This one man army bullshit is starting to drive me up the wall.

Too many times have I been commanding, only to leave the server pissed because I ask over the chat 87568657656 times, only to be ignored, and have the only existing squad comply to the orders I give, but not actually enact them. What the hell is wrong with these people? DO WHAT I SAY!!! I have a view of the battlefield that gives me insight to where you turds need to be!!!

The whole stat system is what screws over the teamwork aspect, too many players think they need to "earn" a virtual medal than actually play the real game. If you want ribbons and medals kiddies, get them the way I did, in the real USMC.

If anyone actually knows of a server/ clan that actually works together, please let me know. This constant lonewolf army shit is really starting to ruin my game.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-02-08 16:49:40)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6699

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

That's life. There's nothing you can do about it, so you can choose to live with it, or quit the game and play CS.
Yes, because CS is the bastion of teamplay and cooperation.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6697|NCFSU2

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

That's life. There's nothing you can do about it, so you can choose to live with it, or quit the game and play CS.
I don't want to play Counter Strike.
slimer
+0|6667
no one wants some commander he doesn't know telling him what to do. whenever a commander gives me an order....(PAGEDOWN).

A different mic system would help the teamwork, a similar mic system to socom on playstation would be very cool. I know you can use teamspeak but most people just join a server and play.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6697|NCFSU2

slimer wrote:

no one wants some commander he doesn't know telling him what to do. whenever a commander gives me an order....(PAGEDOWN).

A different mic system would help the teamwork, a similar mic system to socom on playstation would be very cool. I know you can use teamspeak but most people just join a server and play.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Commander you don't know?? That's going to be the case about 98% of the time when you log onto a game that's played over the internet.

What about the times you're in a squad and you don't know the squadleader? Do you constantly dismiss his orders and screw over your squad as well?
Jonesville
+0|6664|Bayside Brisbane
It depends on the commander, if i have seen the commanders actions both as a player and as commander and they have NFI then i wont follow orders and i will if squad leader give orders to the squad. If the commander appears to know what they are doing then Yes i will follow orders. When i command i can see who follows orders and who doesn't, the ones that do i try and look after with uav/supplies/arty.
The other thing that pisses me off is people joining squads then going seperate ways on the map. I have played and won some great games, being out numbered and because the squad worked together the team won.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6655|Arlington, MA
i hate to say it but i agree

i am not a squad base person myself and CS is defenitly a squad based game with its closed environments. But the main thing that makes ppl go lonestar is the vehicles. You just simply cant do this with vehicles because they r so much fun by ur self.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6680|S.E. United States

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

I am always constantly amazed by the lack of teamwork in this SQUAD BASED game. Too many players think that thier actions alone are going to change the outcome of the game, well guess what Suzy, it ain't! This one man army bullshit is starting to drive me up the wall.

Too many times have I been commanding, only to leave the server pissed because I ask over the chat 87568657656 times, only to be ignored, and have the only existing squad comply to the orders I give, but not actually enact them. What the hell is wrong with these people? DO WHAT I SAY!!! I have a view of the battlefield that gives me insight to where you turds need to be!!!

The whole stat system is what screws over the teamwork aspect, too many players think they need to "earn" a virtual medal than actually play the real game. If you want ribbons and medals kiddies, get them the way I did, in the real USMC.

If anyone actually knows of a server/ clan that actually works together, please let me know. This constant lonewolf army shit is really starting to ruin my game.
wow and I thought I was serious about this game...
my dad was a DI in the core,my trouble making in my youth kept me out of it.
I respect the hell out of chesty,but brother this is a game, not real life.I tend to get my emotions high when playing it, but as a young man recently told me its much better to be calm at all times..
I may take that as some good advice.
dont let your full metal jacket attitude in life carry over into this game, cuz it wont work. youll be setting yourself up for some serious disappointment, as I see you may have already done...
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
deadboy...
checking your stats youve been a lonewolf over 30 hrs...?

Too many players think that thier actions alone are going to change the outcome of the game, well guess what Suzy, it ain't! This one man army bullshit is starting to drive me up the wall.

This constant lonewolf army shit is really starting to ruin my game.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6655|Arlington, MA
well that isent totaly true there r always thought camping tank kids hu ruin the game.... but they get the job done- then get BANNEDlol
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6699
Ive been a lonewolf for 188 hours, and somehow i manage to win 2.6 times more than i lose (and rising, very very slowly). I spend alot of time switching squads to get the best spawn point, and alot of the time when I'm flying I don't bother joining a squad.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6697|NCFSU2

KillerYaNk wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

wow and I thought I was serious about this game...
my dad was a DI in the core,my trouble making in my youth kept me out of it.
I respect the hell out of chesty,but brother this is a game, not real life.I tend to get my emotions high when playing it, but as a young man recently told me its much better to be calm at all times..
I may take that as some good advice.
dont let your full metal jacket attitude in life carry over into this game, cuz it wont work. youll be setting yourself up for some serious disappointment, as I see you may have already done...
I actually don't have a Full Metal Jacket attitude toward life, but that's not important.

I know this is a game killer, but like anyone who plays a game, I want to win at it! Like you said yourself, you get amped up while playing now and again, this post comes from a long line of losses due to people being loners in 64 player maps and there only being 2 squads with 2 or 3 people in them.

To the guy who commented on my 30 hours of lone wolf: Ok, great. There are times that I have done lone wolf. Mostly as a sniper, who by default is a lone wolf. Did you not see my over 90 combined hours as a squad leader/ member/ commander?

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-02-09 00:46:27)

KillerYaNk
Hard Case
rgr sure did,same here,74 hrs at a squad leader.
teamwork is essential to getting wins,and I wasnt ragging on ya mac about being a lone wolf just making sure that it may not be cool to rag on others for how they may play it when your lone wolfing yourself. sniper or otherwise.personally I woud rather be a squad leader to have contact with the cmmdr,for supplies,uav,etc.
and as far as the comment on having a full metal jacket attitude,you may not have it in life but it sure showed at the start of this thread...
but I understand the frustration of commding and not getting teamwork to workout for the win...
DuVeL
+2|6668|New Gitland, the Netherlands
I sometimes start a squad called Team&Voice because some people do use the VC. It really helps out.
A few days ago I finally found a decend server on which a few people use the VC and give teamwork.
It's a small server so I'm not giving the IP or so.
Suggestion: Just look for a good clan server and play on it often.
MrBenis
+0|6678
I recommend you play on different servers then. There actually ARE some set up for true squad based play (i wouldnt know, but id wager you get kicked for asshattery).. i cannot think of the servers right now, but ill post them in here later for you.

As for me, check my stats. over 120 hours as com, SL and SM EACH. something around 8 or 9 hours lone wolf, which was due to either a glitch not allowing squad creation, or being a sniper.

Personally, there is some minor self-gratification knowing the enemy is a force of shambles, it makes them easier to kill
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6697|NCFSU2

MrBenis wrote:

I recommend you play on different servers then. There actually ARE some set up for true squad based play (i wouldnt know, but id wager you get kicked for asshattery).. i cannot think of the servers right now, but ill post them in here later for you.

As for me, check my stats. over 120 hours as com, SL and SM EACH. something around 8 or 9 hours lone wolf, which was due to either a glitch not allowing squad creation, or being a sniper.

Personally, there is some minor self-gratification knowing the enemy is a force of shambles, it makes them easier to kill
Why would I get kicked for "asshattery"? Please give examples of why I would be kicked and times that I've "asshatted". I'm not a hindrance to my team, I score well, I always play in a squad or as a squad leader that gives out orders and calls for commander assets. I may have Lone Wolf time, but I haven't done that in months.

Please, tell me how/ why I would be kicked for "asshattery" when you've never played with me.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6737
Noobs today cant take orders.  Noobs dont understand strategy.  And most commanders dont know WTF they are talking about.
tonybulldog
+0|6649
I know exactly how you feel.   When I play commander,  I usually just let them go and support them where ever they end up...  I tell them to cap the factory on Karkand and one guys goes back there to get killed.   Most of the time no one listens and the ones who do do not have any support to get the mission done.    Everyone is too worried about their precious points..    I usually join a squad to join a squad.. Most of the time the squads don't stick together anyways.   I have had a few really good games where the team work was there.  Few and far between.
teh adam
+2|6685
Ya I wish there was more teamwork too.

But talking about commanding... I was playing on a server yesterday with a squad that actually worked together, but I didn't listen to the commander. You know why... because every damn second he would issue the same order again. Who the fuck would listen to someone that spams fucking attack this every second (no exageration).
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
The problem lies within the awards, most people are trying to earn one or another which alot of people can't combine with teamwork because it boggles the mind so much.
As long as people feel they need these awards,ribbons,or medals the lack of teamplay with be directly related to whom needs what.
Maybe in a year after the noob flow is slowing down & everyone is a 4 star general we will start to see what teamplay can really be in this game.
Until then I'd get your own squad together so you have atleast one unit doing what they are supposed to be doing.
As far as the lone wolf stuff goes... I'll join a squad but usually not work within it because the tards are usually trying to do something other than winning the game, I however am giving them other choices by capping flags while they are trying get an expert c4 badge...
As far as orders from the commander... they usually have bad ideas & I can cap 3 other flags in the same time it would take to get this fortified position that they repeatedly are saying to attack, distracting me as I'm in battle.
OpsChief
+101|6675|Southern California

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

I just had an outstanding night. teamwork all the way.

Our squad was on the winning team 11:12 games.  I commanded only 4 times out of 12 games but when I did the place was like a well oiled machine. People taking assigned objectives, not whoring (too much), no intentional TKs that generated kick votes. Just a bunch of team players fighting to win.....people were asking for help and getting it, thanks were given and compliments. It was 'sniff'  beautiful man...just beautiful. A perfect night to have earned my Bf2 veteran command badge.

Most of my game nights are like this because I am lucky to be in an awesome squad and people appreciate not being left out to die so they stick to the plan. You can do something about it. Find a squad and stick with them even if they slow you down a little or make you go somewhere that doesn't give alot of points.

People are on so many different levels of play on here its impossible to expect perfect order - but get one squad of 5-6 together who do it the way God intended and the rest will copycat them and then you're movin.

Those other games suck - BF2 is teamwork and we team players are here just keep looking.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6755|Hell, p.o box 666

Here is my mustard for the topic:

I determined while playing in a squad with two or three of my buddys, there are always some "players" joining our squad, but they dont work as team or take classes those are usefull. If we´ve kicked them "teamplayers" out of squad the flaming begun or this dickheads started a votekick

Yesterday we´ve played MEC on Karkand/64 and none of the other players has formed a squad or else. They only ran around like chicken. No kind of teamplay, nothing! Imagine, you get shot and a friendly medic looks down to you but dont do a shit. While defending the place we ran out of ammo, we called for backup, supplys and/or uav, the commander was alive and two supporter-players was in sew,but nothing happend. The USMC ran over us like hell. Of course we´ve lost the round clearly (0:112).

Our squad finished with 671 Points, myself with 182 on 2nd place MEC. The other 24 Player plus the 1337-commander made 183 Points together!!! No problem, if they were noobs, but their ranks was gunnerys., firsts. and stuff.

Next Map was Cleansweep USM, one of us do commander. We fought very well and two other players (2 privates) joined our squad and a second squad by some clanplayers. The two apologized for beeing noobs, but these guy made teamwork and the other squad also do a good job. They´ve taken orders and tryed to fit them. After we´ve beaten the shit out of MEC as good as we can, some of the unassigend player voted against our commander, who did a superb job so far (half of the round 258:132 with 52 points,28tp,12k,0d and always helping the squads). He lost the vote and guess what, we´ve been beaten 0:32 because nobody else do the job. The stats of our team sucked pretty bad.

I dont get it people play this game only for ranks or badges.

Sorry for bad english.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6691|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I play in squads with my clan members or friends mostly since they actually know how to work as a team. On a rare occasion I'll find some awesome people who know how to work together.
*fmj*power
+1|6755

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

just wait for the mods, youll never touch vanilla bf2 again.

http://www.pointofexistence.com/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard