Hakei
Banned
+295|6001
Is it possible to control a TV with space bar? I know you can shoot it off, but it doesn't control it.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6387|the land of bourbon
thats what she said
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Skalinki
+1|5298
i'm actually trying to find out how to change the sensitivity for the TV cross hair, i know i could change it before, but now it just stays the same speed, so strange. and also you have to change the speed under land vehicals for the gunner machine cross hair for the chopper.
BVC
+325|6701
If space is set as a primary fire key it should work?
Hakei
Banned
+295|6001

Pubic wrote:

If space is set as a primary fire key it should work?
No, I believe that the TV Missile is only coded to be fired with the left click, changing the fire key doesn't make a difference.

I was hoping someone knew where the TV info was located in the controls.con file.
BVC
+325|6701
This is from my controls.con:

Code:

ControlMap.create HelicopterPlayerInputControlMap
ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1
ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMouseLook IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftCtrl 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltSprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_W 1000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PISprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_2 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_3 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_4 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_5 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_6 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F1 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F2 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F3 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F4 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F5 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F6 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F7 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F8 10000 0
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFMouse IDButton_1 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad0 0 1
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F9 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Multiply 10000 1
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F10 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F11 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Subtract 10000 1
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F12 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIToggleWeapon IDFKeyboard IDKey_F 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFlareFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_X 0 0
ControlMap.invertMouse 1
ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 2.5
I don't know if this will work, but try adding a line something like the following:
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 0
..to map the space bar to heli primary fire.  Make sure you don't have anything else on space bar.

The only other way I can think of is finding some way (either in BF2 or more likely outside of it) to map a key of your choice to mouse1.

I've edited my controls.con in BF2 once - so try it at your own risk.  That said, hope this helps!

Last edited by Pubic (2009-11-06 01:23:41)

EA4never
+2|6242
The helicopter gunner controls with the primary gun are part of the LandPlayerInputControlMap section. Once the missile is fired the controls are part of the defaultGameControlMap section. In the end you want something like this:

ControlMap.create defaultGameControlMap
[...]
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
[...]
ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 0.3
Ox.Zen
+2|5325|staring into the screen...

Hakei wrote:

Is it possible to control a TV with space bar? I know you can shoot it off, but it doesn't control it.
but you macro, so what does it matter?
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5487
The reason you can fire it is because the initial launch is triggered like the fire command for all other weapons, however the guidance of the weapon operates like the acknowledgment command for squad, commander, and spotting menus. This is why spotting in the TV screen centers the cross-hairs. You can also see that the TV missile is also the only weapon that allows movement of the cross-hair without the entire screen following and is limited to the edge of the screen just like the spawn menu.

These are the command lines in the control.con file that will need to be added to use the space bar. I would add them as a secondary to the appropriate lines of the file so your menus still work with your mouse using  the following two lines.

Primary Fire command used to launch the TV (mapped to secondary key as space)

Code:

Graphic Interface OK command  used to guide the TV (mapped to secondary key as space)

Code:

ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
I only know this because there are two sets off commands mapped to the mouse axises which also have be changed if you want to use a joystick for full control of BF2, instead of just one set.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-11-14 16:56:45)

thepilot91
+64|6242|Ă…land!

Skalinki wrote:

i'm actually trying to find out how to change the sensitivity for the TV cross hair, i know i could change it before, but now it just stays the same speed, so strange. and also you have to change the speed under land vehicals for the gunner machine cross hair for the chopper.
landveheclie I belive it is , since land vehicle is the controll for all sort of second position in all vehicles sry for bad spelling
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5487

thepilot91 wrote:

Skalinki wrote:

landveheclie I belive it is , since land vehicle is the controll for all sort of second position in all vehicles sry for bad spelling
You have to change the dpi or speed of your mouse threw Windows, then adjust everything else to your preference. TV missile sensitivity is the same as your spawn menu cursor and cannot be changed threw BF2. You have to do it threw the control panel if your mouse has no on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-11-16 20:16:10)

Hakei
Banned
+295|6001

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

The reason you can fire it is because the initial launch is triggered like the fire command for all other weapons, however the guidance of the weapon operates like the acknowledgment command for squad, commander, and spotting menus. This is why spotting in the TV screen centers the cross-hairs. You can also see that the TV missile is also the only weapon that allows movement of the cross-hair without the entire screen following and is limited to the edge of the screen just like the spawn menu.

These are the command lines in the control.con file that will need to be added to use the space bar. I would add them as a secondary to the appropriate lines of the file so your menus still work with your mouse using  the following two lines.

Primary Fire command used to launch the TV (mapped to secondary key as space)

Code:

Graphic Interface OK command  used to guide the TV (mapped to secondary key as space)

Code:

ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
I only know this because there are two sets off commands mapped to the mouse axises which also have be changed if you want to use a joystick for full control of BF2, instead of just one set.
I changed the latter to:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1

And it did work. The only problem now is that BF2 will only let me do space bar in order to left click the score board etc.

Did I do something wrong? How can I fix this?
M4rine
I can count to Potatoe
+2|5358
Easier for someone to just make a macro for space bar to perform a left click...
Hakei
Banned
+295|6001

M4rine wrote:

Easier for someone to just make a macro for space bar to perform a left click...
Yeah, but I want it set to space bar for another reason. :p
M4rine
I can count to Potatoe
+2|5358

Hakei wrote:

M4rine wrote:

Yeah, but I want it set to space bar for another reason. :p
Care to elaborate?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard