destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

Many people are calling this a dirty hit, and Liambus should be suspended.

I see it as a clean hit and Fenelli turned at the very worst moment.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
I think what's bad is that the guy is clearly lying on the floor not even moving yet the dude who smacked into him doesn't even give a shit. Fuck him, suspend that bitch
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

I think what's bad is that the guy is clearly lying on the floor not even moving yet the dude who smacked into him doesn't even give a shit. Fuck him, suspend that bitch
Suspend for a clean hit? No. And you cannot suspend someone for not stopping the game immediately and hunching over the guy he just hit. If he did that, the other players would likely swarm and kick his ass.

Yes, very unfortunate for Fenelli, but, he played the puck lightly, behind the net, with a known heavy hitter on the ice.

Unfortunate series of events, but in the end, a legal hit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Well I'm no expert on Ice Hockey but that hit seemed to be at least a little bit worse than usual. It's not necessarily a clean hit if someone's lying on the floor motionless
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Yeah sorry, that looks like a clean hit to me...he had possession of the puck so it wasn't interference, he didn't leave his feet, he didn't crosscheck him... can't really see how that'd be a dirty hit.

Keep your head UP.

Hope he gets better soon, the OHL is full of amazing prospects and it'd be a shame for his career to be ruined because of this.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
He should've watched a bit more Don Cherry growing up...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
Liambas is BANNED for the rest of the season

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2 … ml?ref=rss
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
ouch
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

Is that blood next to and around his skull?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

tazz. wrote:

Is that blood next to and around his skull?
Yes Read the story.
Skull and facial fractures. Facial lacerations.

HE BROKE THE GUY'S HELMET FFS
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
I have no idea of the rules... but seems fair enough.

Mek, it's not illegal just cause someone gets hurt. That's one problem with soccer, penalties are often awarded on the severity of an injury rather then the 'foul' committed.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Umm... Guys, that's far from a clean hit. It's bad case of charging with a nasty result. He's speeding up from the middle of the rink and stops just a few feet before the hit. Ask any ref.

About the length of the suspension. It seems harsh but then again he should've gave it a thought before doing that in the first place. I read somewhere that the kid who got mauled is 16 while the suspended dude is 20 and over aged as one of those reporters said in another youtube clip. Now don't you think that someone who has been around for longer should know better than hitting guys with less experience like that? One thing I don't know are how old the other guys playing that league are, so I could be pointing my finger about the age question in vein.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6509

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Umm... Guys, that's far from a clean hit. It's bad case of charging with a nasty result. He's speeding up from the middle of the rink and stops just a few feet before the hit. Ask any ref.

About the length of the suspension. It seems harsh but then again he should've gave it a thought before doing that in the first place. I read somewhere that the kid who got mauled is 16 while the suspended dude is 20 and over aged as one of those reporters said in another youtube clip. Now don't you think that someone who has been around for longer should know better than hitting guys with less experience like that? One thing I don't know are how old the other guys playing that league are, so I could be pointing my finger about the age question in vein.
Generally speaking, the ages of OHL players range from 16-20 years.  Some get granted exceptional status and get in at 15 (ex. John Tavares I think) but usually 17/18/19 year olds afaik, 20 is a little old usually but still allowed.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6172|New Austin, Not
jesus, that's a brutal hit...but looks clean. Fenelli played the puck.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway
Nothing wrong with that hit. If the defender pays any attention at all he would have protected himself. I guess his not NHL material.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Nothing wrong with that hit. If the defender pays any attention at all he would have protected himself. I guess his not NHL material.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard