Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402
the ratings pretty much blow for baseball as football kicks its ass.  (seems the nfl was nice not to have a games this evening)
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

quieten down you
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
I don't hate it. I don't care about it.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL
Sweet move by the NFL, baseball's pretty boring though, I've only been riveted by a game once or twice, as opposed to nearly every week by the NFL

MLB should bring in crappy pitchers, it'd be more interesting
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

i like it better than soccor. but then again, i'm American.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It's ok. It's not fast paced.. but then again it's not supposed to be.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Superior Mind wrote:

I don't hate it. I don't care about it.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

S.Lythberg wrote:

Sweet move by the NFL
sweet or sympathy?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

sympathy..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695

burnzz wrote:

i like it better than soccor. but then again, i'm American.
Even though I don't watch soccer on the reg, when it's on I enjoy it more than baseball. I love having the boys over for wings and beer when a championship game rolls around.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL

Kmarion wrote:

sympathy..lol.
probably sympathy, nobody outside of the philly-new york area gives a crap about the world series (I know chicago doesn't, especially the cubs fans)
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality
i stopped caring when, boo fucking hoo, the millionaires went on strike. I don't hate it but fuck em and their steroid asses.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

the World Series maybe mis-named, but it's baseball at it's best - American league vs. National league, best of seven, no fluke winner.

i've no mind to de-rail this thread and invte you to report this post, but i will say i hate regular season baseball. i think the season's too long,
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sympathy..lol.
probably sympathy, nobody outside of the philly-new york area gives a crap about the world series (I know chicago doesn't, especially the cubs fans)
The NFL isn't in the business of charity when it comes to giving away viewers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sympathy..lol.
someone had to tell them not to have a game
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

and?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

Kmarion wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

and?
who told them to?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It's a business decision.. Really, it's not that tough to figure out.

They don't want to compete with the MLB with regular season games.

Do you think the MLB commish called the NFL commish and said, "hey buddy, could ya do me a favor?"
lmao
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

Kmarion wrote:

Do you think the MLB commish called the NFL commish and said, "hey buddy, could ya do me a favor?"
lmao
its been that way for years.  NFL would trump baseball in ratings tonight.  still some money rather then none would be better lmao
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

It's the only time of the year that MLB could possibly steal viewers away from the NFL.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6716|Purplicious Wisconsin
I wonder what a sport which is football and baseball combined would be like.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

FEOS wrote:

It's the only time of the year that MLB could possibly steal viewers away from the NFL.
i dont think so.  guess we will never know.  maybe a game 7 but thats about it.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Red Forman wrote:

FEOS wrote:

i dont think so.  guess we will never know.  maybe a game 7 but thats about it.
World Series = Pseudo-interesting baseball.

That's why there's no Sunday night football game. NFL doesn't want to deal with a drop in viewership (nor does NBC, I bet), so they CNX the game for tonight in favor of the WS.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lmao
its been that way for years.  NFL would trump baseball in ratings tonight.  still some money rather then none would be better lmao
Right it has been that way for years.. because they would not trump the world series.

Simply put the NFL would have games if it made economical sense for them to do so. They could give a fuckall about baseball. It's rather absurd to think otherwise. The NFL wants to squeeze every penny out of their games... however, advertisers see the World Series audience as a premium.

The MLB is a competitor for the NFL. It's kinda funny that you don't understand that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Fox.

4-2, Yankees.

Last edited by burnzz (2009-11-01 19:52:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard