Shadow_OwNz
+88|6653
Whats the reason EA deleteing stats is it because high kill streak?
Lt.Smurf
+5|6695|North Germany
No, it's because they somehow cheated, I gues.....
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6727
What? I have not heard of this.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

Various reasons. Cheating, hacking, glitching, stat padding are the top few.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6727
How do they tell stat padding from just being a good player?
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6832
I guess they are having fun at the office today...

"let see, who's next" and then they randomly type a name on bf2s.com
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Cuz you touch yourself at night.
My toothbrush touches me...when im brushing my teeth! haha i think everyone touches themselves at night.

man im a nerd, i took your post seriously, even though it was a burn, haha
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6653
haha
Ryle
+1|6752|Seattle
easy to tell who is a statpadder by looking at stats...

a high increase of a certian stat in a very short amount of time, also by looking at who is the persons worst victim.

And glitching  kinda has to be seen with the eye, like when someone goes under the hotel at karkand.

Im glad they are clearing some peoples stats, it needed to be done.
willandmav
+0|6696
what is the difference between a stat padder, and someone who is just focusing on something,

for example, my stats show a big jump in support resupply because i started focusing on that and not just on killing, so am i a stat padder or just focusing on support???
Ryle
+1|6752|Seattle

willandmav wrote:

what is the difference between a stat padder, and someone who is just focusing on something,

for example, my stats show a big jump in support resupply because i started focusing on that and not just on killing, so am i a stat padder or just focusing on support???
a very high increase in a stats in a very short amount of time...

for example: like 500+ knife kills within 24hrs. Big indication of statpadding.

People do it, they pay the price.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6724|New Hampshire
EA deletes your stats because you touch yourself at night

What if you touch other people - is that ok?

Last edited by TehSeraphim (2006-02-10 02:20:35)

Shadow_OwNz
+88|6653
well i got my stats deleted i had 77,000 points -=Shadow_U.S=- was my name
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
well i touch myself every now and then... and i still have them
Aardcore
+60|6713|USA, Arizona
Okay so... this is a what if and a BIG what if, but what if I stab a guy with a knife and a medic shows up, I'm not aware of it but thinking I can knife the guy again, I go in, get him with the knife, the medic turns around, I expect him to shoot me but he doesn't, instead he revives the guy... instinctively I knife the guy again and the medic revives... so I stab again, he revives... at around maybe the 5th knife kill, perhaps 7th, I stop and the medic just stares at me and revives his teammate. At that split second I have a chance to stab the guy he revived again and continue this, or morally, I stop...

Would that be essentially statpadding if I did not know the guy personally but we ended up doing a knife, he revives teammate deal? It seems pretty blatant and aware to me that I shouldn't knife the guy anymore if this medic is gonna keep going so I figure this would be one out of some limitless options:

A) Knife the guy after a few times, figure out the medic is attempting to statpad so I kill the medic too.
B) Continue knifing while the medic revives...
C) Knife the guy and kill the medic just after
D) Whatever anyone else can think up of...

I'd like some insight on this.
The0wner
+0|6654
high kill streak like 140 kill streak on one guy they will delete streaks of 30- up
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

The0wner wrote:

high kill streak like 140 kill streak on one guy they will delete streaks of 30- up
no they wont. its possible to get over 50 or even 100 if you're a good pilot or doing good in a BH. i havnt done this myself but i've seen people do it.
dankassasin42o
+68|6679|Reefersyde, CA

Aardcore wrote:

Okay so... this is a what if and a BIG what if, but what if I stab a guy with a knife and a medic shows up, I'm not aware of it but thinking I can knife the guy again, I go in, get him with the knife, the medic turns around, I expect him to shoot me but he doesn't, instead he revives the guy... instinctively I knife the guy again and the medic revives... so I stab again, he revives... at around maybe the 5th knife kill, perhaps 7th, I stop and the medic just stares at me and revives his teammate. At that split second I have a chance to stab the guy he revived again and continue this, or morally, I stop...

Would that be essentially statpadding if I did not know the guy personally but we ended up doing a knife, he revives teammate deal? It seems pretty blatant and aware to me that I shouldn't knife the guy anymore if this medic is gonna keep going so I figure this would be one out of some limitless options:

A) Knife the guy after a few times, figure out the medic is attempting to statpad so I kill the medic too.

id go with C an call it a day, at least for those two.   an move on
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
I think he might've meant kills against one player
BudRell
+2|6838|Home

Aardcore wrote:

Are you just simple or are you really askink (and thinking of..) that....

As it has been shown many times, you can see if someone is statspadding from their stats.

Last edited by BudRell (2006-02-09 01:09:15)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Shit, I hope they don't delete me. I got new kill streak today, I think it was of 43 or something, (I checked my stats on a not-so-relyable sit.) but up from 18 they may think I was cheating, (I was commandeering.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6751|Derby, England
Commander or jet / apache pilots can easily whip up streaks of 50+.

I have no idea how they determinte how a player has been cheating, but I would not think they do this lightly. I would imagine they have either evidence (someone sent a screen shot, a video etc) or they have a way of recalling what people have done.

Now if you look at someone stats, and they have a score of 10,000 wth 4000 of them knife kills against another player, there is a good chance they will look at this and say "hmm, that looks a little ropey... delete"

When you get into the area spoke about by Aardcore , there are instances in the game that these can happen. More than about 20 knife kills against the same guy is extremely ropey admittedly but plausable.

EA wont just delete stats on a whim. Look how many players there are on BF2. The chances are they will have some sort of a process / program they run which looks for anomolies in the stats i.e. >100 knife kills in one round against the same guy, >100 heal points, >50 repair points etc. Things that are extremely unlikely or almost impossible to do (jeez, I struggled getting 10 repair points in a round for my vet badge). Before anyone asks, I just made these numbers up as an example.

If they made this search too wide, they would get thousands of players to investigate, which isnt going to happen because is just costs too much. So they will get a handful of players who they will look at the stats, maybe even monitor them when they play online.

The simple answer to this is, if you sit with your mate at the edge of a map growing your points:
1 -Ask yourself why? The only advantage you get is the commander role. Most of the time you can get this by applying anyway,
2 - If you pad your stats, at some point they will be wiped. EA is clear about this and has made enough examples of people.
3 - Its a game, so play it and enjoy it. Two hours in the helicopter dogfighting with other apache's and blowing up enemy tanks that have team mates pinned down, or two hours standing with paddles in my hands going "bzzzt its recharging,  bzzzt its recharging , bzzzt its recharging "? I know which one I would rather be doing.
doxy
+74|6791|Nevis

Kamikaze17 wrote:

well i touch myself every now and then... and i still have them
don' tell them
they watch you!
they will get you!

Last edited by doxy (2006-02-09 02:06:55)

{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6727
Aww, i hope they don't delete me. I was on a server with my brother and like ~4 other people, and i just kept targeting him and ignoring others. I killed him ~15 times over 3 or 4 rounds. I don't suppose EA will take that into account.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard