Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
I still can't get over teh fact that they ban clotheslines. I mean. Wow.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5368|London, England

Spark wrote:

Don't you know that the American Dream is to appear wealthy? Even people living in public housing drive BMWs and Mercedes because they don't want to 'feel poor'. Why do you think the average American has something like $15k in credit card debt? If they lived within their means they'd have to face the reality that they aren't upper middle class and their self esteem would suffer. Goes hand in hand with wanting to maximize home values and removing unsightly laundry from lines. Manicured lawns and a Prius in the driveway do wonders for their self esteem.

Of course it's all a facade...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6158|'straya
Ok this is just stupid. Theres got to be a thousand things they could do that would reduce emissions/ power usage more than banning big TVs...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
Yeah at first I thought it was like yeah we have measures x, y, z in place already so now we're going to try and do a bit more by encouraging people to buy more efficient TVs and this was just an isolated outcry. But instead I see it's "quick, let's do something - I know! let's focus on TVs because they're so important!"

Fail.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

Don't you know that the American Dream is to appear wealthy? Even people living in public housing drive BMWs and Mercedes because they don't want to 'feel poor'. Why do you think the average American has something like $15k in credit card debt? If they lived within their means they'd have to face the reality that they aren't upper middle class and their self esteem would suffer. Goes hand in hand with wanting to maximize home values and removing unsightly laundry from lines. Manicured lawns and a Prius in the driveway do wonders for their self esteem.

Of course it's all a facade...
Which is why I like Australia.
If your flip-flops match you're considered a power dresser.

PS Pretty sure the TV thing is somehow Skynet related.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-10-24 05:05:40)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard