Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black
Just looked at the mobo you were saying, if it's going I'd take that too
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
If I got the swap for my mobo, cpu and ram then my E5200, some Gigabyte board and 4GB (perhaps 2 is broken, not tested) would be going for free.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6775|Scotland

Finray wrote:

If I got the swap for my mobo, cpu and ram then my E5200, some Gigabyte board and 4GB (perhaps 2 is broken, not tested) would be going for free.
Finny, your E5200 is better than my E6600.... Remember, this is the first ever E6600, the E5200 beats it in everything basically.

We'll see who else wants a bite of my accessories.

I think I also have a 17" LCD monitor. Also have a brand new stock cooler for the i7, but I think it is compatible with other motherboards as well.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Zimmer wrote:

Finray wrote:

Finny, your E5200 is better than my E6600.... Remember, this is the first ever E6600, the E5200 beats it in everything basically.

We'll see who else wants a bite of my accessories.

I think I also have a 17" LCD monitor. Also have a brand new stock cooler for the i7, but I think it is compatible with other motherboards as well.
Ahh, the old rev, okay then I'll leave that be
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6168|'straya
8600GT 1GB
a couple x1300 pro's
4GB(ish) of DDR2 (533Mhz and 667Mhz I think)
2GB laptop RAM (667 Mhz)
a couple HDDs (including 1 laptop HDD)
Complete (and still working) Pentium 3 machine
350w PSU
500w PSU

I think thats about it.... most of it is pretty shit haha, doubt anyone would want it
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6775|Scotland

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

8600GT 1GB
a couple x1300 pro's
4GB(ish) of DDR2 (533Mhz and 667Mhz I think)
2GB laptop RAM (667 Mhz)
a couple HDDs (including 1 laptop HDD)
Complete (and still working) Pentium 3 machine
350w PSU
500w PSU

I think thats about it.... most of it is pretty shit haha, doubt anyone would want it
Pretty sure someone will want an 8600GT 1GB.
aimless
+166|6144|Texas
Sound Blaster Audigy SE card [donated]
about 10 dial-up modems cards

Last edited by aimless (2009-11-01 16:44:56)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6755|Salt Lake City

Damn Zim, that's some pretty nice stuff to just give away.  Kudos to you.  I hope anyone that gets your hardware from the forums ponies up some major Karma points to you.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6755|Salt Lake City

I have several S478 2.8GHz/1MB cache/533MHz FSB P4 processors if anyone can use them.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I'm pretty sure either one of Zims mobos would be an improvement on my current one, so if I could get one of them my one would go up for free..

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

I have access to huge amounts (about 50) of old Slot 1 Pentium 3 500MHz processors with huge passive coolers, such as this one:

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/PENTIUM3.jpg

...if anyone is interested.

Finray wrote:

I'm pretty sure either one of Zims mobos would be an improvement on my current one, so if I could get one of them my one would go up for free..

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L.
Unless you're running SLI, you really don't want an Nvidia chipset. Trust me, I know.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-10-21 12:26:11)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
How many PPD do you think you could get from one of them?

E: What about the Gigabyte one? I'm clueless when it comes to mobos

Last edited by Finray (2009-10-21 12:27:49)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6433|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Unless you're running SLI, you really don't want an Nvidia chipset. Trust me, I know.
QFT they suck hard.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6373|West NY
*P4 1.79 GHz
*2 Kingston 512mb (1 gig) DDR SDRAM (maximum for my board )
*PCI GeForce 5700 FX LE
*Some shitty (probably stock) 60gb hard drive
*Big ol shitty CRT Dell monitor
I just pretty much changed the video card and ram of a "Dell 2350" that's I don't know how many years old
So how would I know if there's enough up for grabs to build a whole new system

Miggle I think everyone should share what they have with you and you should put it in a list of categories

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-10-21 13:05:16)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6216|Winland

Finray wrote:

About 40.

Finny wrote:

And the mobo is a bit better, but unless you need more slots/SATA connectors/overclocking overhead, there isn't really anything to gain from it. Given that you have an E5200 and four SATA slots, I doubt there's anything you could really do with it that your current one can't.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-10-21 13:10:13)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6519|so randum
If anyone in the UK loves me enough, i desperatly need a new HD, my media backup one just commited hari-kari and now i'm movieless

edit

and RAM. im running on 1gb (2x512) on a 2 slot board. shit is painful

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-10-21 13:11:10)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6373|West NY

FatherTed wrote:

If anyone in the UK loves me enough, i desperatly need a new HD, my media backup one just commited hari-kari and now i'm movieless

edit

and RAM. im running on 1gb (2x512) on a 2 slot board. shit is painful
Hah I feel your pain..except my board is maxed that way.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

About 40.
40x50 = 2,000

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finny wrote:

And the mobo is a bit better, but unless you need more slots/SATA connectors/overclocking overhead, there isn't really anything to gain from it. Given that you have an E5200 and four SATA slots, I doubt there's anything you could really do with it that your current one can't.
That's the thing, even with 1.5 Vcore I get constant BSoDs @ 3.6 Ghz, so if it could help with that and perhaps fix my RAM problem.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6216|Winland

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

About 40.
40x50 = 2,000

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finny wrote:

That's the thing, even with 1.5 Vcore I get constant BSoDs @ 3.6 Ghz, so if it could help with that and perhaps fix my RAM problem.
Could just as well be the CPU. Mate of mine has an E5200 that won't do over 3.3, and he has a P45.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Well, a mobo that costs £35 or a CPU that's recommended by dozens of people, both from the vast internats and from here, costing around £60 new?

My money's on the mobo, tbh.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6433|Finland

Finray wrote:

Well, a mobo that costs £35 or a CPU that's recommended by dozens of people, both from the vast internats and from here, costing around £60 new?

Which mobo are you thinking about and waht you got now? Also what CPU you are thinking about?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Brasso
+1,549|6650

I think I have some rando Asus S754 mobo lying around
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6239|Phoenix, AZ
I have 2 PNY sticks of RAM, maybe 1GB each, or 512, I'm not sure...  DDR2

What is says on the label:

6464TDTHE - HS
64TDT0619       P40552
Warranty V O I D if Removed

I also have a stock AMD AM2 processor fan

2 Bottles of Thermaltake UV sensitive Coolant... Full - Unopened   

Various motherboard accessories like SATA plugs and all

PM me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Finray wrote:

Which mobo are you thinking about and waht you got now? Also what CPU you are thinking about?
The mobo Zimmer was donating, I said mine a couple of posts up, and I was gonna stick with my E5200.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6433|Finland

Don't bother. Its possible it could OC worse than your current one, and ram support is always sketchy with nForce.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard