west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
hows thats any different than a thick glass pipe
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

its different from that slime green pipe that I was referring to.  I like the coloring on inside out pieces, and usually they are much thicker than a normal piece.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
I was referring to this:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why? If you absolutely must use a pipe, inside out is the only way to go.
I don't see how "inside out" has any quality benefit over a thick glass pipe. If my understanding is correct what makes a "inside out" pipe a "inside out" pipe is that the colored glass is on the inside. Just a decorative difference, no?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

no tangible quality benefit over any other thick glass pipe.  If you're going to use a pipe, might as well use a thick one.  If you're going to use a thick glass pipe, might as well buy an inside out.  But fuck using a pipe.  It's so inefficient
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Matte pipes are the sexiest.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
I prefer a water pipe. After a bowl pack, I'm usually annihilated. The high lasts a good 5 hours or so, depending on the strain of course.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Wreckognize
+294|6483
mmmm after weeks of being dry I just got a slice of some sour diesel.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Nothing more disappoint than when your connect doesn't pull through. Tried getting some cookies last night and the guy never got back to my friend
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA

lichanura wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Nothing more disappoint than when your connect doesn't pull through. Tried getting some cookies last night and the guy never got back to my friend
Don't worry, you're not missing anything. The high from edibles is a lot different than smoking, not as good imo.

If you end up getting some then be careful and start out with a small piece and wait like an hour until you know how strong it is. Some edibles will have you high for like a full day and you'll be so messed up you're head will be spinning, puking/dry heaving, etc.
None of that has ever happened to me after eating an edible. You sure it wasn't just something in the actual foodstuff itself?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Yeah, everyone has told me to take it easy with edibles since they take like 30m to an hour to kick in. I've never tried them but I was tryna buy some because I'm going to the beach with my family this weekend and would rather not smoke around them, I don't think they (except my sister) know I enjoy weed. With some cookies I could just eat some and get high lol

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-08-25 07:51:27)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
If this was a month ago, I could've put you in contact with my friend who lives in Greenbelt that made some cookies, that's where I got my first ones from.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

UnkleRukus wrote:

lichanura wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Don't worry, you're not missing anything. The high from edibles is a lot different than smoking, not as good imo.

If you end up getting some then be careful and start out with a small piece and wait like an hour until you know how strong it is. Some edibles will have you high for like a full day and you'll be so messed up you're head will be spinning, puking/dry heaving, etc.
None of that has ever happened to me after eating an edible. You sure it wasn't just something in the actual foodstuff itself?
Edibles really are a whole new ball game.

THEY CAN FUCK YOU UP. No joke, really not to be taken lightly... not fun or funny.

But you also have to know how to make them.
I had tried them a few times... random home made shit as well as getting stuff from dispensaries. They always seemed to take for ever to kick in, and you would get bored... then smoke... then be high... Never got the point of the edible at that point. Most bud tenders would say they smoke a bowl after eating too, but that it was real nice with the edible. For me it was never even noticeable.

I decided to try making some my self, or at least to read up on it. Read a whole bunch, got a crock pot to slow cook butter in and mentioned it to a friend. He threw a couple bags (full sandwich bags) of the worst weed I have ever seen at me and said "Here, get rid of this"
I decarbed the shake in a toaster oven, cycling the power on and off to hold it at 150 for an hour or two.. threw the shake and butter in crock pot and let it simmer for a few hours. Threw the whole lot in the freezer to solidify, then mashed it up, then heat it again for a few more hours crock pot on lowest setting for both cycles...
Strained out the plant material with cheese cloth (squeeze the shit out of the pulp to recover all liquid butter) and leave the butter to cool and solidify.
Then I baked very buttery cookies using only the cannibutter.
Tasted a little bad, but bearable.
Ate one regular sized cookie... went for a bike ride to speed up the metabolism... Nothing. Ate another when I got home.
Then they started kicking in.
Fuck. Second was a huge mistake. Not even really an enjoyable high at that point. Never even knew weed could do that much... way more then just smoking, at some point smoking you really don't get noticeably higher, but this was much much more.
Worst part of it is, that similar to drinking, your body apparently knows that the intoxicant is in your stomach because I felt nauseous as fuck. I basically sat in a chair waiting for it to be over feeling too shitty to move for a few hours until my stomach felt decent enough to go to bed. I felt like shit and wanted to smoke a bowl, but didn't want to get any higher.
Tried only one later... Got me fucked... Not as bad but I think it was a bit like trying to drink after a night of over doing it. Ended up giving almost all of the rest of the cookies away.

Told my older brother who used to fuck around with a decent range of drugs through highschool, was not a heavy user of anything hard... but tried  most stuff. He was like "Oh yeah, some edibles are no joke..." and told me the story of when he went to the hospital thinking he was ODing on a laced edible because he had smoked so much weed before, but THC had never been like that.

It seems like most people suck at making edibles. Decarbing (preheating the herb) helps efficiency a lot, and I think most people burn off THC letting temps get too high. When you get one that is made right.... its no joke. I think marijuana should be legal, but honestly.... Somehow maybe edibles shouldn't? lol (but seriously)
I'd much rather smoke/vape tbh.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2012-08-25 13:53:24)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
I've heard a lot of people saying this, it made me scared of trying them but when I tried just one somewhat small cookie, I was fairly high for a few hours.  It was a nice little body high and it seems like it would've been perfect for times where you wanted to be high and didn't want it to be very obvious.  Just a light but still very enjoyable kind of high

It seems like people who don't like edibles are people who got too impatient when they tried them and that leads to them either having a bad or indifferent experience when they end up either eating more of them and get to that point where you're too fucked up to enjoy it or they decide to just smoke anyway which just overshadows the edibles

As cool of a concept as they are(eat something yummy and get high from it) and as nice as they are for their particular type of high, I don't think edibles are for everyone.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-08-25 14:54:39)

lichanura
Banned
+3|4265
Yeah, what Vicktor and j5 said. I chuckled bout your bro going to the hospital, although I wouldn't doubt it. It would probably really scare the shit out of a total unsuspecting person lol.

baking cookies ain't just for housewives, buying cookies ain't even about price. what good is a bong without ice? i got cheese like a house without mice, get it? here's what you need brother, buy a big green tub of weed butter, enough eggs for each other, enough milk from each udder, then steal cookie mix from your mother, and mix it together with peanut butter. there's nothing in the world like this, i ain't never seen a world like this. everything's crayola colorful, believe me like you're gullible.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

lichanura wrote:

Yeah, what Vicktor and j5 said. I chuckled bout your bro going to the hospital, although I wouldn't doubt it. It would probably really scare the shit out of a total unsuspecting person lol.
Yeah, lol. He told me and I was like "You went to the fucking hospital?!"
He is really not the play it safe go to the hospital type... But he said the guy he got them from wasn't a very close friend, and while he didn't expect it he could have seen the guy who gave him from trying to pull some kind of "joke".... The doctors said he was just really really high so he went home and waited for it to be done.

lichanura, you are probably right about people who don't like it being people who have over done it...
However I still enjoy the high from smoking or vaping more, and I enjoy smoking/vaping.
They are a novel idea, but figuring out dosage is a pain with some potentially uncomfortable ramification for getting it wrong... It takes so fucking long to kick in and when it does I still would prefer to smoke it over eating, and the high is better smoking...
So yeah, I still like the idea, still occasionally think they would be cool but I know they are not really for me. Shit tons of hassle from making to taking.

Fairly efficient way of getting THC though, if you know what your doing and keep things under control.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
lichanura didn't say that, I did, lol.

But that overdoing it thing isn't unique to edibles, if you smoke way too much it can happen too, I've done it before but people either don't believe me or haven't done it themselves so they think I don't know what I'm talking about.  It's not fun at all, at least not the first time you ever do it, I don't know, maybe there's some people that smoke just to get that ridiculously high to the point where most people can barely function.  Obviously it's much much easier to overdo with edibles though.

My friend tells me it's just because there's so much more THC in edibles by volume compared to smoking it or something like that because it's pretty much only the THC that goes into it, that's why it doesn't even matter that you use shitty weed to make it
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I'm just not gonna be a retard when I try one. Eat maybe a quarter of the edible, wait 30 minutes to an hour. If I feel a light high I'll eat a bit more, if I feel like I'm at a [6] I'll probably stop there.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
Smoking = head stoned

Eating = body stoned

Hard to describe the difference as the last time I remember eating was like 10 years ago but it's definitely different.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
Somebody told me head high and body high is the difference between Indica and Sativa, so that's why it can vary when smoking it

I prefer a body high usually: All the little physical aches and pains go away and sometimes you even get a tingly sensation if you're high enough, and you're also free to just think about things and immerse yourself in the significance of whatever you're doing.  This is a good kind of high for active thinking like socializing and watching movies or playing videogames.  I personally find this kind of high to even improve my sense of empathy and ability to connect to people

A head high also makes you feel good but then you're pretty much retarded by comparison, thoughts feel cloudy and it's harder to think deeply about things but this also makes it easier to sit back and just purely enjoy things and not analyze them.  It's generally a more stoned and lazy feeling than a body high in my opinion.  I greatly prefer this kind of high when I'm driving and/or listening to music

That's how it is to me anyway.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

_j5689_ wrote:

A head high also makes you feel good but then you're pretty much retarded by comparison, thoughts feel cloudy and it's harder to think deeply about things but this also makes it easier to sit back and just purely enjoy things and not analyze them.  It's generally a more stoned and lazy feeling than a body high in my opinion.  I greatly prefer this kind of high when I'm driving and/or listening to music

That's how it is to me anyway.
Jesus fucking Christ.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
I'm sure you didn't take it that literally
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
I greatly prefer this kind of high when I'm driving
How else is anyone meant to take this statement other than literally?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

it's sarcasm jaek, he actually doesn't prefer it. Get it?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD

Jaekus wrote:

I greatly prefer this kind of high when I'm driving
How else is anyone meant to take this statement other than literally?
The part about being retarded in relation to the other high, and I'm not even saying it gets you THAT fucked up, it just dulls the ability to think deeply.  In my case that means, overthink, which I still do while I drive usually

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-08-25 20:25:33)

Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Ok then. Just when you're saying it basically makes you feel retarded in your thought processes it's probably not advisable to be driving around where quick decisions need to be made. If it were just you on the road I wouldn't have bothered commenting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard