Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh blames others for being dropped from the group trying to buy the St. Louis Rams.

During a 15-minute counterattack at the start of his show, Limbaugh said he believes he's been made an example by a players' union seeking leverage in talks over a new collective bargaining agreement. And he believed what happened to him was an illustration of "Obama's America on full display."

Racially insensitive remarks from the past brought down Limbaugh, who in 2003 was forced to resign from ESPN's Sunday night football broadcast after saying of the Eagles' Donovan McNabb: "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."

According to transcripts posted on his Web site, in 2007 Limbaugh said: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

Limbaugh blamed DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA and an "Obama-ite," and the Revs Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, whom he referred to as "race hustlers," for Checketts' decision a day earlier to drop him. He said his sacking was an example of the political clout wielded by the Obama administration.

"What is happening to the National Football League, what is about to happen to it, has already happened to Wall Street, has already happened to the automobile business," Limbaugh said.

Limbaugh said he was victimized in the media by "misreporting, lying, repeating the lies while also saying 'Limbaugh denies,' repeating the made-up quotes, the blind hatred."

"Believe me, the hatred that exists in this is found in the sportswriter community, it's found in the news business, it's found in the race hustler business," Limbaugh said.

Limbaugh said Checketts telephoned on Tuesday, asking him to withdraw from the group. Limbaugh responded that he wouldn't withdraw and that Checketts would have to "go public and fire me," and thought the news would be made public Thursday morning.

Smith, the NFLPA head, last week voiced his objections to Limbaugh's bid with NFL commissioner, and urged players to speak out against Limbaugh's bid. Sharpton and Jackson also attacked Limbaugh's involvement, asserting that Limbaugh's track record on race should exclude him.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Limbaugh- … 1.html?x=0
I like Rush, don't like Hannity. Anyway do you think just because of his statements he should have given up his bid?

Also why does it seem in American Politics that the left and more liberal groups always try to get you fired or bankrupt you or censor you when they don't agree with what you say? Mike Savage lost his TV show. Rush lost his bid and his anchor spot. They are trying to get Lou Dobbs fired, why do most of you got to get some personal?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

they want to fight for their freedom of speech ................ just as long as its too their tune

topic : i understand that its their choice to accept or deny ................ but its what they are saying that swayed the decision .. know thats a bunch of bullshit

but hey they let Vick back in but deny Rush
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Politics should have sweet fa to do with Football.

Except for when the government decides to throw money towards building a stadium or other facilities.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
Perhaps Rush should had helped Savage when he was banned...

It has only started.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

SEREMAKER wrote:

they want to fight for their freedom of speech ................ just as long as its too their tune
this...

and, wtf this is so gay.  bunch of black athletes and others dont want rush for WORDS yet people like vick get second chances?????  ok, forget vick.  over the past 6 years or so there have been 500 NFL players arrested.  mostly DUI and domestic stuff.

So, its ok to drive drunk , kill animals, and beat women in the NFL, just dont be a white guy with an opinion.  fuck the NFL.  fuck it.  they lost my dollar.

or pacman jones who left a guy paralysed forever got a second chance?  wow.  these black athletes want to have their thug rap concert as their own.  fine.  fuck you.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Free speech.

Or not.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13rin
+977|6488

Red Forman wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

this...

and, wtf this is so gay.  bunch of black athletes and others dont want rush for WORDS yet people like vick get second chances?????  ok, forget vick.  over the past 6 years or so there have been 500 NFL players arrested.  mostly DUI and domestic stuff.

So, its ok to drive drunk , kill animals, and beat women in the NFL, just dont be a white guy with an opinion.  fuck the NFL.  fuck it.  they lost my dollar.

or pacman jones who left a guy paralysed forever got a second chance?  wow.  these black athletes want to have their thug rap concert as their own.  fine.  fuck you.
I love it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6745|Salt Lake City

The NFL is a private organization, and as such can determine who can and cannot be a member if it is a detriment to their business.

Limpbutt is not a former racist, he still a raging bigoted racist, and the NFL is 70% black.  There are numerous documented cases of racist remarks from him.  Ain't Karma a bitch.

Limpbutt is a hard core economic conservative.  The NFL has profit sharing, and some teams generate way more revenue than others.  They also have a strong players union.  The NFL also has min/max caps on player salaries.  Why would he want to be part of an organization that has economic policies that fly in the face of everything he believes, unless he thought that maybe that could be changed once he got in there.

Fuck Limpbutt.  He's been a loud mouth divisive asshole that only gets more divisive as times goes on.  You reap what you sow.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
lol.....what a joke
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Why does he want to get involved in a business that is dominated by black people , and he has criticized so much himself particular in terms of race. Maybe I'm not getting the full picture, but how has his freedom of speech been impinged upon. Isn't all of this done through the private sector. Aren't those people who criticise him also allowed to under their freedoms of speech. It's all private so they can do what they want, right?

It doesn't make sense that someone could say the media are restricting his freedom of speech. By those very own values they're allowed to say whatever they want about you under freedom of speech too
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
when some of these franchises take tax money to help build stadiums or move teams, which then contribute to the pot, then they are not private imo.  idc what they say.
mikkel
+383|6610

FEOS wrote:

Free speech.

Or not.
How is it being infringed?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Free speech.

Or not.
by people protesting the nfl commish enough to have him speak out against him.
mikkel
+383|6610

Red Forman wrote:

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Free speech.

Or not.
by people protesting the nfl commish enough to have him speak out against him.
That makes no sense. He has the right to his opinion, and they have the right to theirs. Nothing is being infringed.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

mikkel wrote:

That makes no sense. He has the right to his opinion, and they have the right to theirs. Nothing is being infringed.
wrong.  they are basically saying you cant own an nfl franchise if you say controversial stuff.  which means if you want to own one, you have to keep your mouth shut.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
And you're saying if someone says controversial things and then wants to do something (like buy a team) then everyone else can't say anything about it and have to keep their mouths shut. Free speech is a two way street

Even if he didn't say anything controversial people would still have a right to protest or say whatever, even if they just want to be douchebags, yeah it sucks but that's how shit is sometimes. Especially in the private sector

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-10-16 08:05:55)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Mekstizzle wrote:

And you're saying if someone says controversial things and then wants to do something (like buy a team) then everyone else can't say anything about it and have to keep their mouths shut. Free speech is a two way street

Even if he didn't say anything controversial people would still have a right to protest or say whatever, even if they just want to be douchebags, yeah it sucks but that's how shit is sometimes. Especially in the private sector
i responed to your private thing.....

what i am really saying is they support wife beaters and dog killers but speak out against speech.  in the real world, actions speak louder than words.  fuck the nfl.  bunch of cunts and thugs.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-10-16 08:08:16)

mikkel
+383|6610

Red Forman wrote:

mikkel wrote:

wrong.  they are basically saying you cant own an nfl franchise if you say controversial stuff.  which means if you want to own one, you have to keep your mouth shut.
So you're saying that he should be entitled to owning a private NFL franchise for no other reason than the fact that he exists? That has nothing to do with free speech.

Last edited by mikkel (2009-10-16 08:08:20)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

mikkel wrote:

So you're saying that he should be entitled to owning a private NFL franchise for no other reason than the fact that he exists? That has nothing to do with free speech.
by the letter of the law ofc his free speech isnt being violated.  my god dude.  i am not going to play word games with you.  save that for lowing or whatever.
mikkel
+383|6610

Red Forman wrote:

mikkel wrote:

by the letter of the law ofc his free speech isnt being violated.  my god dude.  i am not going to play word games with you.  save that for lowing or whatever.
Word games? This has nothing to do with games. You people are complaining about a lack of free speech, but this is the quintessential example of the nature of free speech. You have the right to say what you want, and others have the right to disagree with it. If you want to moan about political orientation dictating decisions in this private franchise, then moan about that. To mention free speech is to fail completely in understanding what that means.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
actually free speech is not my argument but i can see how someone can think that.  and i dont buy they are private when they take tax money.  like i said.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
feel free to address my points instead of going off on a free speech tirade.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-10-16 08:18:29)

mikkel
+383|6610

Red Forman wrote:

Why would I want to address your irrelevant points? I was talking about the "free speech" comments, and you butted in and argued to the contrary. Are you lost or something?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

mikkel wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Why would I want to address your irrelevant points? I was talking about the "free speech" comments, and you butted in and argued to the contrary. Are you lost or something?
i can see what feos means.  you are taking it literally and i dont think he means that.  i think he is saying what i was saying.  calm the fuck down.  or keep being a fucking dick about it.  idc.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-10-16 08:22:55)

mikkel
+383|6610

Red Forman wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

i can see what feos means.  you are taking it literally and i dont think he means that.  i think he is saying what i was saying.  calm the fuck down.  or keep being a fucking dick about it.  idc.
Lay off the bottle, marine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard