Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I was a registered republican for about 15 years. Never once have I seen Macbeth as the GOP type. I think he would have a tough time fitting in at the local young Republican society.
http://www.youngrepublicans.com/
cancelled your subscription?
Registered, as in my voting card says "Republican". My state has a closed primary.

Look, you learned something today.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Kmarion wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Reagan had what most politicians don't. The ability to by taken seriously be his enemies.
not sure it was reagan or specifically his finger over the button of worldwide nuclear devastation that was taken seriously. tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs. A bit like Bush, in fact.
Nuclear devastation eh?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2iscd8l.jpg
START I was also Reagans idea right?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Macbeth wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

not sure it was reagan or specifically his finger over the button of worldwide nuclear devastation that was taken seriously. tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs. A bit like Bush, in fact.
Nuclear devastation eh?

His plan, for those of you too young to remember, was to reduce offensive weapons and strengthen defense.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Kmarion wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Nuclear devastation eh?

His plan, for those of you too young to remember, was to reduce offensive weapons and strengthen defense.
Yeah well, the non-proliferation treaty seemed to be designed to make sure everyone else EXCEPT the USA had to not have nukes. How many you guys still have? Really good job on the non-prpliferation. Anyway, while he was president you had nukes, you still do now, so my point wasn't anything to do with reagan's personal opinion of nukes but as a man he was not particularly well-respected except by lovers of bad western movies. But he had the potential to destroy the world, which concentrates the mind beautifully. I quote myself again: tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs.

Still sums it up.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ruisleipa wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah well, the non-proliferation treaty seemed to be designed to make sure everyone else EXCEPT the USA had to not have nukes. How many you guys still have? Really good job on the non-prpliferation. Anyway, while he was president you had nukes, you still do now, so my point wasn't anything to do with reagan's personal opinion of nukes but as a man he was not particularly well-respected except by lovers of bad western movies. But he had the potential to destroy the world, which concentrates the mind beautifully. I quote myself again: tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs.

Still sums it up.
START treaties and SALT treaties would strongly disagree with you. Learn your history then come back.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

I quote myself again: tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs.

Still sums it up.
START treaties and SALT treaties would strongly disagree with you. Learn your history then come back.
I quote myself again: tbh reagan was often seen as a bit of a fool surrounded by evil and diabolical power-hungry pigs with their snouts in all kinds of dodgy troughs.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Still sums it up.
and you're wrong... repeated quoting of yourself doesn't change that.
Love is the answer
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

ruisleipa wrote:

wrong how? This is what I originally posted in response tio the suggestion that Reagan was respected around the world. Perhaps concentrate on my original point rather than talking about stuff I never even brought up???
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

ruisleipa wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

wrong how? This is what I originally posted in response tio the suggestion that Reagan was respected around the world. Perhaps concentrate on my original point rather than talking about stuff I never even brought up???
The original statement was he was taken seriously, not feared or respected.  There is a difference.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land
I never said he was feared. There's not much difference between being respected and being taken seriously now is there? Being feared and respected isn't the same thing on the other hand. Or can you explain it otherwise?

Last edited by ruisleipa (2009-10-14 02:24:24)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

ruisleipa wrote:

I never said he was feared. There's not much difference between being respected and being taken seriously now is there? Being feared and respected isn't the same thing on the other hand. Or can you explain it otherwise?
I feel there is huge difference between being respected and taken seriously.  If I came up to you with a gun and pointed it at you, you would both fear me and take me seriously, but you would not respect me now would you?
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6473|Kakanien

Kmarion wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Reagan had what most politicians don't. The ability to by taken seriously be his enemies.
Nuclear devastation eh?

the nuclear non-proliferation treaty just says that the nuclear powers do not give nuclear weapons to a country that doesn't have such weapons (which was clearly in the interest of all the countries with nuclear weapons) and that the nuclear powers agree to negotiate about disarming their nuclear weapons some day...
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

LividBovine wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

I feel there is huge difference between being respected and taken seriously.  If I came up to you with a gun and pointed it at you, you would both fear me and take me seriously, but you would not respect me now would you?
OK this is getting rather semantic Personally, if you pointed a gun at me I might take you seriously, if I thought you might shoot me. But if you are someone I know who jokes, or I think you've not loaded it, or it's not a real gun, or whatever, then I won't think you're serious. And you are right, I wouldn't respect you! At least, not just because of that. Maybe we can agree that being respected/feared/taken seriously are often coexistant but are not mutually inclusive, yeah? But anyway, just consider my original use of 'taken seriously' to be the final version, OK?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Do you understand what is meant by "non-proliferation?"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard