Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why wouldn't it?
A significant portion of Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Israel.

That being said, I would prefer we cut our ties to Israel... and Saudi Arabia for that matter.
That should about cover all ME terrorism directed at the US.
Not really.  A lot of the reasoning behind Al Quida began with us having troops in Saudi Arabia.  Bin Laden really didn't care about Israel.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
And then the sanctions against Iraq kinda pushed him over the edge, yeah.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

Not really.  A lot of the reasoning behind Al Quida began with us having troops in Saudi Arabia.  Bin Laden really didn't care about Israel.

Turquoise wrote:

That being said, I would prefer we cut our ties to Israel... and Saudi Arabia for that matter
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That being said, I would prefer we cut our ties to Israel... and Saudi Arabia for that matter
Well...  here's the issue...

We no longer have troops in Saudi Arabia.  Al Quida has clearly changed its agenda now to one that is more all-encompassing.

We've managed to stabilize Iraq somewhat, but even after our troops levels fall to minimal amounts there, we've still got a ton of shit to deal with in Afghanistan.  We're probably not drawing down troops there anytime soon.

While the Taliban is clearly the greater threat in Afghanistan, I'm sure Al Quida isn't opposed to taking advantage of the turmoil in Pakistan resulting from our presence next door.

I guess what I'm getting at is...   I'm definitely in favor of getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq while cutting ties to Saudi Arabia and Israel, but....

I would never assume that terrorism would end after all that.  It might fall significantly, but there are some extremists who will strive to attack us regardless of what choices we make.

In the end, it's just a matter of trying to piss off the fewest people while still trying to make alliances.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The US has tropps in Iraq, Afghanistan and is regularly attacking Pakistan, I guess thats whats keeping AQ rolling.
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

The US has tropps in Iraq, Afghanistan and is regularly attacking Pakistan, I guess thats whats keeping AQ rolling.
I'm sure that the mess that Afghanistan has become and the pain in the ass that rural Pakistan is becoming certainly helps in recruiting extremists.

Unfortunately, we may end up going to war with Pakistan.  They're basically a ticking time bomb.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

burnzz wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

its wrong but why dont any other countries stop israel?
Using " illegal force " is a War crime. So is regime change.
didn't we change the Iraqi regime?
talk to Dilbert about it not me !
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

why? it's you i quoted, and Dilberts stance on all things American is well known. . .
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

burnzz wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

why? it's you i quoted, and Dilberts stance on all things American is well known. . .
why Hunter, i thought we were having a civil discourse? our first, i believe? i really would rather talk to you than Dilbert (he is a nice guy and all), but you are the one who said 'regime change is a war crime.' do you decline to answer my humble question, and lose ALL credibility?

oh well, it was entertaining getting a youngsters' view on the world, while it lasted. hopefully you find a forum that doesn't require thought outside of bullet points, and allows the use of BB code. cya!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In the expert opinion of many people the Iraq invasion was a war of aggression and therefore a war crime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War
Bush and Blair have both said that even without evidence of WMDs they would have gone in to remove Saddam, which by itself is a war crime.

“All members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations.”

What the Israelis are continuing to do, throwing the Palestinians off their land through violence, is also a crime.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

regime change isnt a war crime wtf are you on about.
I can't remember where (Geneva Protocol IV?) but I do specifically recall reading that a war fought with the express purpose of regime change is technically illegal.
Iraq was about WMDs lulz.

can't find anything in the GC regarding illegal regime changes. Russia did that shit all over the place and no one stepped up. least iraq had democratically elected officials.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

regime change isnt a war crime wtf are you on about.
I can't remember where (Geneva Protocol IV?) but I do specifically recall reading that a war fought with the express purpose of regime change is technically illegal.
Iraq was about WMDs lulz.

can't find anything in the GC regarding illegal regime changes. Russia did that shit all over the place and no one stepped up. least iraq had democratically elected officials.
protocol - not convention. i do recall that it's somewhere in international law but i can't for the life of me remember where.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It violates the UN charter.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

burnzz wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

why Hunter, i thought we were having a civil discourse? our first, i believe? i really would rather talk to you than Dilbert (he is a nice guy and all), but you are the one who said 'regime change is a war crime.' do you decline to answer my humble question, and lose ALL credibility?.
I was out = Life.  ? I had to meet some one.  Shees. My answer

Yes and his stance is that  Use of diplomacy through force is a War Crime. Regime change Was needed in many cases throughout history. In conflict, The Loser faces War Crimes. To quote Krupp " If Germany won Henry Ford would be sitting here. " We don't need to go over that do we ?

Burnzz wrote:

oh well, it was entertaining getting a youngsters' view on the world, while it lasted. hopefully you find a forum that doesn't require thought outside of bullet points, and allows the use of BB code. cya!
Now I am a youngster ? Make up your mind.

For the record. You were the 1st to depart from " Civil Discourse " and you did so once again, Without result.

sorry for derail 1

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-29 05:55:38)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I was out = Life.
stop calling people out when they don't immediately respond to you then, hypocrite. you fail to realize this forum has a world-wide membership, that the membership has different meanings for the same words, and even though English is the standard for the forum, members from other countries still use, format and respond in English better than you. i call you youngster because you said you remember Reagan; i voted for Reagan. i remember Nixon, and i remember the 1973 war in the middle east that has provoked this thread and many like it.

i grow weary of your bullet point responses, regardless of the fancy BB code usage, and your inability to think for yourself.

Good day, sir.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

burnzz wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I was out = Life.
stop calling people out when they don't immediately respond to you then, hypocrite. you fail to realize this forum has a world-wide membership, that the membership has different meanings for the same words, and even though English is the standard for the forum, members from other countries still use, format and respond in English better than you. i call you youngster because you said you remember Reagan; i voted for Reagan. i remember Nixon, and i remember the 1973 war in the middle east that has provoked this thread and many like it.

i grow weary of your bullet point responses, regardless of the fancy BB code usage, and your inability to think for yourself.

Good day, sir.
I thought it was the 1967 war that would be more relevant to this thread?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
stop calling people out when they don't immediately respond to you then, hypocrite.
I never did this, You did. and when some one basically says

" your 58 line rebuttal in response to my 52 line post, is to hard for me to read so I am not going to " I will correctly point this out as, a weak argument. I am never the first to insult, It usually takes 2 or 3 insults before I give one back. If you refute this Should like you to show proof.

I know I can.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-29 09:17:43)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
The Palestinians want peace even less than the Israelis.

Last edited by dayarath (2010-09-29 09:36:31)

inane little opines
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

dayarath wrote:

The Palestinians want peace even less than the Israelis.
Probebly true but irrelevant to the process of peace, If there really is one. For the record when the Israelis don't want peace they can really make you feel it.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-29 09:49:34)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
Probebly true but irrelevant to the process of peace, If there really is one. For the record when the Israelis don't want peace they can really make you feel it.
They could've destroyed hamas and the palestinians etc 20 years ago if they really wanted to.

I agree that the colonisations outside of their borders aren't really helping their cause. Ironically though the towns they build outside the border are built by palestinian contractors.
inane little opines
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

dayarath wrote:

Probably true but irrelevant to the process of peace, If there really is one. For the record when the Israelis don't want peace they can really make you feel it.
They could've destroyed hamas and the palestinians etc 20 years ago if they really wanted to..
I agree that was my point, These people know how to make war and can do so should they ever feel motivated. Iran take note ! " We have to take it seriously," was I believe Sharon's quote'

dayarath wrote:

I agree that the colonisations outside of their borders aren't really helping their cause. Ironically though the towns they build outside the border are built by Palestinian contractors.
I agree. Some times it seems like deliberate provocation and sometimes it seems like people do it with out the Israeli Government approval. The view they like to give us is that " Its empty desert that they are settling in and turning it into productive farm land ". Would Palestinian Arabs be given access to infrastructure and irrigation if they had tried the same thing ? I have no idea.  The Barrier wall that was installed on and destroyed Palestinian property. That seemed a bit much if I had the real info on it.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-29 10:12:16)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

dayarath wrote:

I agree that the colonisations outside of their borders aren't really helping their cause. Ironically though the towns they build outside the border are built by Palestinian contractors.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I agree. Some times it seems like deliberate provocation and sometimes it seems like people do it with out the Israeli Government approval. The view they like to give us is that " Its empty desert that they are settling in and turning it into productive farm land ". Would Palestinian Arabs be given access to infrastructure and irrigation if they had tried the same thing ? I have no idea.  The Barrier wall that was installed on and destroyed Palestinian property. That seemed a bit much if I had the real info on it.
If people other than the Israeli government are colonising the fault is at the palestinian government for not managing their own borders properly.

The fence they built does seem like some sort of berlin wall. While it's really on their side of the border I doubt they're winning any hearts and minds with creating something so extreme.
inane little opines
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
I had a friend who stayed in an APT, right across from it. He described it as spooky !
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

The view they like to give us is that " Its empty desert that they are settling in and turning it into productive farm land ".Would Palestinian Arabs be given access to infrastructure and irrigation if they had tried the same thing ? I have no idea.
Doubt it. If the Israelis are such keen farmers theres plenty of barren desert in Israel to work on.

dayarath wrote:

If people other than the Israeli government are colonising the fault is at the palestinian government for not managing their own borders properly.
You're joking right? Israel controls Palestine and its borders.
Try reading the map again.
https://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49266000/gif/_49266031_west_bank_464.gif

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-09-30 06:11:37)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So the Israelis have managed to torpedo the peace process, despite an offer of a bribe of U$3bn and vetoing of any future UN criticism.

Seems that was their plan al along.

Netantyahu wrote:

"America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get their way," he said. "They asked me before the election if I'd honour (the accords). I said I would but I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it?

"Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones. As far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo … 5969162333

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard