unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Flecco wrote:

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

Why the heck should we have to pay $10 for a DLC on PC? The hell with Borderlands...
Happy to pay for exp packs? Same shit, only smaller.
Normally, expansion packs will add way more than a couple DLC's. I was happy to pay for Dark Crusade for the Dawn of War series, but the Island of Dr. Zed was a bit short and kind of a let-down, even if it is cheaper than an expansion.

Even though the DLC doctrine is a fine business model, I would much rather wait a bit for them to make a real Borderlands expansion pack, or just Borderlands 2.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-03 13:03:04)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

Why the heck should we have to pay $10 for a DLC on PC? The hell with Borderlands...
Normally, expansion packs will add way more than a couple DLC's. I was happy to pay for Dark Crusade for the Dawn of War series, but the Island of Dr. Zed was a bit short and kind of a let-down, even if it is cheaper than an expansion.

Even though the DLC doctrine is a fine business model, I would much rather wait a bit for them to make a real Borderlands expansion pack, or just Borderlands 2.
Like valve did with Half-Life 2 episodes??

Because I am starting to have seizures of excitement just waiting for EP3 to be released, If valve doesn't report anything soon I am guessing it will come bundled with Duke Nukem Forever
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Because I am starting to have seizures of excitement just waiting for EP3 to be released, If valve doesn't report anything soon I am guessing it will come bundled with Duke Nukem Forever
Except the episodes played like a (nearly) full Half-Life 2 game. Do you know how short Dr. Zed was?
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Except the episodes played like a (nearly) full Half-Life 2 game. Do you know how short Dr. Zed was?
Episode 1 was amazingly short and featured little if anything new,,, (The only memorable thing about it was the reactor gameplay tbh)
Episode 2 was ~ ½ the length of HL2 but had TONS of new content and came with an updated engine....

I have Dr. Zed and I found it well worth the price... you can't expect DLC to be nearly as big as a full expansion...

DLC = 2-6 hours of gameplay

The humor, ques to Diablo, story and easter eggs were the main focus of Dr. Zed...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-03 23:29:34)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Episode 1 was amazingly short and featured little if anything new,,, (The only memorable thing about it was the reactor gameplay tbh)
Episode 2 was ~ ½ the length of HL2 but had TONS of new content and came with an updated engine....

I have Dr. Zed and I found it well worth the price... you can't expect DLC to be nearly as big as a full expansion...

The humor, ques to Diablo, story and easter eggs were the main focus of Dr. Zed...
I 100%'d Zed in a couple hours and aside from the humor and easter eggs, it added absolutely nothing to the rest of the game. I have far more respect for expansions like D2's "Lord of Destruction" for not only adding a new campaign (however short), but for adding new elements to the entire game.

I have no desire to be nickel-and-dimed by DLC that act as new appendages that are otherwise completely ignored by the game itself.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-05 11:56:11)

FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I 100%'d Zed in a couple hours and aside from the humor and easter eggs, it added absolutely nothing to the rest of the game. I have far more respect for expansions like D2's "Lord of Destruction" for not only adding a new campaign (however short), but for adding new elements to the entire game.

I have no desire to be nickel-and-dimed by DLC that act as new appendages that are otherwise completely ignored by the game itself.
Don't get me wrong I think the idea of 2kgames actually chargin money for Mad Moxxi is rediculous...

But personally I think Zed was worth it... Guess it is down to preference :p
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Don't get me wrong I think the idea of 2kgames actually chargin money for Mad Moxxi is rediculous...

But personally I think Zed was worth it... Guess it is down to preference :p
Oh, the humor was worth the price of admission, but it still felt like paying movie ticket premiums to watch a movie at home.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6627|Canada
been playing for the past few days with my neighbor, i fucking love this game!

the claptraps are the best part!

"based on your current stress levels you have a 93% chance of encountering an unfortunate death event. " LMAO
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6604|Philadelphia, PA
Videos from the next DLC.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/t-bone-junction-borderlands-general/62089[/video]

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/crimson-tollway-borderlands-general/62091[/video]

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/lakebed-walkthrough-borderlands-general/62093[/video]
FloppY_
­
Yeah saw it on GT...

This looks like a must-buy for us Borderlands fans

I like the addition of a new level cap and I hope they add new unique weapons...
Big McLargehuge

FloppY_ wrote:

Yeah saw it on GT...

I like the addition of a new level cap and I hope they add new unique weapons...
I was really hoping that one of the DLCs would raise the level cap. So that's great. I also like that this one introduces new enemies like the Zombie Island DLC. I skipped Mad Moxxi because I heard it was only arena fighting (which I'm not a big fan of). This is definitely a must buy after seeing the videos.
FloppY_
­

Big McLargehuge wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yeah saw it on GT...

I was really hoping that one of the DLCs would raise the level cap. So that's great. I also like that this one introduces new enemies like the Zombie Island DLC. I skipped Mad Moxxi because I heard it was only arena fighting (which I'm not a big fan of). This is definitely a must buy after seeing the videos.
I also skipped moxxi.. too much of a grind fest for me tbh

(grinding for no prize that is..)

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-19 13:51:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

So what, three DLC's?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
Oh, this new DLC looks really nice!

I wonder if you can spawn and use those 2 new vehicles in the regular maps too, or only in the regions added by the DLC.
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

indeed
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
So broskis does this game have much lasting appeal?
FloppY_
­

wah1188 wrote:

So broskis does this game have much lasting appeal?
By lasting appeal do you mean grinding the same bosses over and over for a small chance of getting some cool weapons where most of which are only slightly better than your current?

Then yeah, it does...

But honestly.. I liked it and thought it was well worth the price... I completed the game 7 times (1st & 2nd playtrough with 3 classes and 1st with Soldier)...

I don't know anyone who I can play with regularly, but if you have 3 friends you can have epic fun I'd emagine...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-20 15:55:09)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6627|Canada
Yeah the biggest draw to this game is the Co-op storyline
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The original game has lasting appeal if played with friends, but the DLC is starting to get a bit silly with their price and rapid release. One would think they have all this stuff ready to go, but are just eking it out a bit at a time to milk fans to death.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The original game has lasting appeal if played with friends, but the DLC is starting to get a bit silly with their price and rapid release.
I admit that I have basically only bought the Moxxi DLC for the bank/storage function, to preserve some of the nicest loot items.
The arena modes are rather dull and repetitive, at least alone.

The Zombie Island DLC seems to be ok, but the new Knoxx DLC will definitely be the best.
That is, if the price stays the same as in the first two ones.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

One would think they have all this stuff ready to go, but are just eking it out a bit at a time to milk fans to death.
I think it's just stuff that they didn't have prepared properly for (the publisher defined) release, thus kept it for the DLCs.
The upcoming one seems to be something new though.
dill13
+67|6194

globefish23 wrote:

I wonder if you can spawn and use those 2 new vehicles in the regular maps too, or only in the regions added by the DLC.
i highly doubt it since all the events are supposed to take place after the original story line.
Big McLargehuge
General Knoxx DLC coming this week.

Xbox 360 owners will be the first to get their hands on the latest bit of DLC for Gearbox Software’s Borderlands as The Secret Armory of General Knoxx will apparently be released today via Xbox Live for 800 MS Points. This according to TeamXbox.com, who also bring word that the content is then expected to go live for both PC and PS3 this Thursday, February 25, for $9.99.

As Borderlands fans no doubt already know, the promising General Knoxx DLC ups the game’s level cap and includes new areas, enemies, weapons and more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/border … knoxx/1851

FloppY_
­

Big McLargehuge wrote:

General Knoxx DLC coming this week.

Xbox 360 owners will be the first to get their hands on the latest bit of DLC for Gearbox Software’s Borderlands as The Secret Armory of General Knoxx will apparently be released today via Xbox Live for 800 MS Points. This according to TeamXbox.com, who also bring word that the content is then expected to go live for both PC and PS3 this Thursday, February 25, for $9.99.

As Borderlands fans no doubt already know, the promising General Knoxx DLC ups the game’s level cap and includes new areas, enemies, weapons and more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/border … knoxx/1851

Needs moar info on new skills...
Chou
+737|6791
I sold that game after mad moxxi, pissed me off like a mofo.

/will ignore friends playing borderlands tomorrow
FloppY_
­

Chou wrote:

I sold that game after mad moxxi, pissed me off like a mofo.

/will ignore friends playing borderlands tomorrow
Please tell me you didn't pay for moxxi?

also: Tomorrow?
Too bad us superior PC gamers have to wait to the 25th

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard