sumosalad
Banned
+3|5326
Yess!! How are you all?

I hope to make lots of friends here

Anyway, I have some questions:

1. Which of the Battlefield series do people play most? Original (normal) / Special Forces?
2. What does the term Battlefield "Vanilla" mean? I am assuming it means original?
3. I just downloaded latest patch....1.41 I think, then I checked this forum , and only to find out 1.5 has just been released -.-
4. Downloading the patch is so heavy..... >_< But does playing Battlefield 2 consume a lot of broadband?
5. Lastly, When I tried to play BF2, I could see many servers, but because I live in Australia, how do I see Australian only servers? Someone told me I cant do it, is this true? Then if I play in , say, USA, how large will my ping be I cannot believe a game as good as BF2 doesnt have that function that enables you to see Australian-only servers?!? O_o

Sorry for asking many questions guys   I am quite new to Battlefield but hoping to play it

Thanks alot again!!!!

EDIT: Oh, btw, what does karma do again? Thanks!

Last edited by sumosalad (2009-10-04 02:55:53)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
This site is full of really nice helpful people...  hope nobody proves me wrong...
Have fun playing BF2... It's still a lot of fun... 
Love is the answer
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

1.  I'm guessing normal (not sure)
2.  Yes
3.  What's your question?
4.  No, it generally doesn't take a lot of bandwidth, but this varies depending on how long you play.
5.  Download Xfire and search for Australian servers only.

*Add to #3, might need to have 1.41 patched before installing 1.5

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-10-04 03:08:53)

Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
1. Original
2. Vanilla = Original game, yeah
3. Yes, 1.5 was released a few weeks back
4. Not really, considering how old the game is
5. There is no filter to only see servers from a certain country, try just searching normally with your filters (32, inf or whatever) and putting aus in the server name or something. you should be able to find Australian servers there much easier (or you could just filter by ping, lowest would obviously be closest.

have fun playing
edit: The Karma System
if that doesnt explain it, Karma can show people's popularity on the forums. However, its just a number and is usually given as a compliment, for a funny/worthwhile post, or just for no reason at all

You can karma anyone for any reason you like, but you're limited to giving out 10 karma every 24 hours

Last edited by Simon (2009-10-04 03:06:44)

ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6200
NOW GIEF KARMA SIMON YOU FUGLY NUB FROM =EEF=! :DDDDd
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6494|Sydney, Australia
I would estimate that 3 hours of BF2 will cost you around 100 MBs of data (at least this is what I'm getting).

You can't filter by country, but there are two main Australian servers (search for these in the search field):
1. gamearena (this is Bigpond gaming servers)
2. games.on.net (this is internode gaming servers)

Usually some of the clan servers show up too because they put the names gamearena and games.on.net into their own title to attract hits.

If you want to play on a US server, prepare to be kicked alot, your ping will likely be 200+
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5426|Dublin, Ireland

sumosalad wrote:

Yess!! How are you all?

1. Which of the Battlefield series do people play most? Original (normal) / Special Forces?
2. What does the term Battlefield "Vanilla" mean? I am assuming it means original?
3. I just downloaded latest patch....1.41 I think, then I checked this forum , and only to find out 1.5 has just been released -.-
4. Downloading the patch is so heavy..... >_< But does playing Battlefield 2 consume a lot of broadband?
5. Lastly, When I tried to play BF2, I could see many servers, but because I live in Australia, how do I see Australian only servers? Someone told me I cant do it, is this true? Then if I play in , say, USA, how large will my ping be I cannot believe a game as good as BF2 doesnt have that function that enables you to see Australian-only servers?!? O_o

Sorry for asking many questions guys   I am quite new to Battlefield but hoping to play it

Thanks alot again!!!!

1. The original (Vanilla).
2. Vanilla = Original.
3. You need 1.41 installed to install 1.5 anyway, so you didn't really waste your time.
4. Not really, I'm on 3meg down and 0.25 up and I can play smoothly with low pings.
5. When you are searching for a server, [X] the Ranked and Populated tabs, leave all the rest un[X]'d. After 400-600 servers are loaded up, click the 'Ping' at the top of the page. You might have to click it twice but it gives you a list of servers from highest ping to lowest ping and if you click again lowest ping to highest ping. So you can easily see what servers are low ping, ie - in your area (AUS+NZ ect...)
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Vub wrote:

I would estimate that 3 hours of BF2 will cost you around 100 MBs of data (at least this is what I'm getting).

You can't filter by country, but there are two main Australian servers (search for these in the search field):
1. gamearena (this is Bigpond gaming servers)
2. games.on.net (this is internode gaming servers)

Usually some of the clan servers show up too because they put the names gamearena and games.on.net into their own title to attract hits.

If you want to play on a US server, prepare to be kicked alot, your ping will likely be 200+
Yes you can, xfire, filter for your country/continent only.
sumosalad
Banned
+3|5326
Thanks all for nice and quick replyies!

May I ask what xfire is? Is it somethinig I have to download? A program to alow me to see Australian-only servers?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Its like MSN Messenger but better. You can join your buddies via it and connect to wherever they play and chat with them while you or/& them are in game, make screenshots with it, record movies, have a voice conversation,...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
ruisleipa
+149|6222|teh FIN-land

sumosalad wrote:

May I ask what xfire is? Is it somethinig I have to download? A program to alow me to see Australian-only servers?
it's a program for communicating with other players, matching games and so on.

Have you heard of google?

http://www.xfire.com/
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

ruisleipa wrote:

sumosalad wrote:

it's a program for communicating with other players, matching games and so on.

Have you heard of google?

http://www.xfire.com/

sumosalad wrote:

May I ask what google is? Is it somethinig I have to download? A program to alow me to see Australian-only servers?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

sumosalad wrote:

Yess!! How are you all?

Original, there is only 1 SF server in Australia and its always empty. Saying that SF imo is still more fun.
Yes
1.5 is the latest patch, but you will also need 1.41 as 1.5 is only incremental
Yes, it can use up to about 80Mb an hour, as for bandwidth, any broadband connection should be fine.
There are really only 2 server providers, GameArena or Games.on.net which used to be Internode. There might be a couple of clan servers as well, just look for the ones with ping <100. Most now play on GameArena though.

Thanks alot again!!!!

Nothing

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-10-04 08:01:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard