Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
it was actually fucking hilarious when i saw it. "hahaha wtf is he trying to eat a cricket ball"
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
I lol'd at the coaches attempted explanation, some lame joke about the ball being an apple and then laughing longer and louder than everyone else in the room to avoid follow up questions
Serious Flex
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
in another news (apart from us steamrolling everyone in odi's)... holy fuck am i thankful dale steyn was off-form when we toured the saffers. to take 7/51 on a flat dead 500+ indian pitch is frightening.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Spark wrote:

in another news (apart from us steamrolling everyone in odi's)... holy fuck am i thankful dale steyn was off-form when we toured the saffers. to take 7/51 on a flat dead 500+ indian pitch is frightening.
Stale Dean or w/e his ficking name is frightening.  I have never seen so much aggression in a large midget.  I hate the cunt, as you can tell.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
btw has anyone noticed but offies and fingerspinners are having a generally golden time of it. swann/hauritz (i like hauritz tbh) and now harris.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
http://adpdiaries.blogspot.com/2010/02/ … -ball.html

Dude, Afridi is a fucking warrior. He belongs in a gladiatorial arena, raping lions with a morning star. Our modern sensitive feelings-based culture is a pussy that he can finger-bang while battling a legion of Spartans and crushing the skulls of giants underfoot.

In ancient times he would be sat upon a throne made of his victim's skulls while we gifted him our women. Instead we moan like old women.

Bah!

Last edited by Spark (2010-02-11 04:59:55)

~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
I might be speaking abit soon here, but Tendulkar has a good opportunity to break the 200 barrier for ODI's today

damn yo

http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/eng … 41828.html
Mekstizzle
WALKER
He's only gone and done it. 200 runs, 147 balls, 25 fours and 3 sixes. Shit, never thought I'd see a double century in ODI's!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
200* from 147

India makes 401. Can South Africa run down a 400+ score for the second time?

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-02-24 05:36:39)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
God damn. Why do i never get to watch this shit. Screw you Foxtel.

Kudos to the man though. Few batsmen in the world deserve it as much as he does.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2010-02-24 09:37:31)

Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

He's only gone and done it. 200 runs, 147 balls, 25 fours and 3 sixes. Shit, never thought I'd see a double century in ODI's!
fucking gotta watch this now. that little guy is an absolute beast, i have no problem describing him as the best since bradman (with ponting third)
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
just saw it.

he had all the shots and then some, and copied the styles of all my favourite players in full flight.

incredible.
~ Richard Feynman
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country

Rod Foxx wrote:

God damn. Why do i never get to watch this shit. Screw you Foxtel.

Kudos to the man though. Few batsmen in the world deserve it as much as he does.
It was on Foxtel, you just have to subscribe to Setanta sports.

What an innings from Tendulkar.  Even more justification of the accolades given to him by Sir Bradman.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Spark wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

fucking gotta watch this now. that little guy is an absolute beast, i have no problem describing him as the best since bradman (with ponting third)
No Lara love?
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

DrunkFace wrote:

Spark wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No Lara love?
no, for the same reason as sehwag. on his day he was unstoppable - but too bad not every day was his day. (he had a lot of good days, though. really good days.)

tendulkar and ponting on the other hand, I could easily see them digging themselves out of a hole. there aren't too many players who i would say are capable of scoring a 150 ball 50 then scoring a 180 ball 100, those are two - there are a few others i can think of or i have seen done so.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
I'd argue Lara was a lot more consistent, you could count on him making lots of 30-40s and then when he did go on to score a big score he'd make it huge. Ponting and Tendulkar get more 100s but are bad starters and get a lot more scores in the single figures and teens. Lara still has more test runs then Ponting in less innings and his runs/innings is also higher then Tendulkar.

He has 2 of the 3 highest test scores ever.
He has the highest first class score ever.
He has 9 double tons, the combined total of Ponting and Tendulkar.
He has the highest and third highest runs scored off a test over.

All while being in arguably a second rate team. Also note Ponting has never had to face up to Warne or McGrath...

Also give Sehwag another 50 or so tests to prove his constancy and we'll be rewriting the history books.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
hmmm...

i get a little annoyed with "starters" who make a start and don't go on, they strike me as being a little fluffy. clarke used to have a similar problem about when he got dropped, but he seems to have fixed that now (but now he's not playing his charge down inside out over cover drive or his walk across and casually put it into the midwicket stands shots as much any more, which is a shame. clarke in full flight is probably the best looking player in the world).

not saying lara was anything less than one of the all-time greats and definitely deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as ponting/tendulkar but the pecking order is definitely tendulkar-ponting-lara for me based on OVERALL form. However i would pick ponting at his best any day, the technical equal of any other - when i was talking about tendulkar playing like ponting before i was talking about his frontfoot cover/square driving shortish balls on the up, which when played by ponting is one of the most audacious and brilliant shots you can see - but ponting has the ability to almost instantly just destroy the other team, mentally and on the scoreboard, and that's not really something i've ever seen from tendulkar or lara. when ponting plays well, the team looks invincible - if not, then the others have a chance. but we all know how well india did with a top-form tendulkar in the 90's and a top-form lara in the late 90's early 00's...

Last edited by Spark (2010-02-25 00:59:11)

~ Richard Feynman
My mate round the paki shop calls me 'sach'.  The best batsman ever well ok, my fav batsman ever.  I have done the same thing on The Wii but fuck me, no one said fuck all when I did it, and I was fucking stoned at the time unall.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp … -p631.html

good on 'em. give the poor bastards something to cheer about.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
fucking ty

that's why you don't rest mj. and get fucking christian out and put hauritz back in for god's sake.

Last edited by Spark (2010-02-28 00:35:08)

~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Bump. IPL has started. It's live on Jewtubes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IPL

Dunno if it's available to all countries, but it works here.
Nice one Mek, ITV4 have it aswell, tbh I dont watch that much of it but will watch a bit.

Cook has hit 173 for Eng vs Bangladesh. 599-6
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

1927 wrote:

Nice one Mek, ITV4 have it aswell, tbh I dont watch that much of it but will watch a bit.

Cook has hit 173 for Eng vs Bangladesh. 599-6
probably to make up for getting hit by the bangers A side for 111 runs... off five overs
~ Richard Feynman
'You can only beat whats in front of you' - Claimed the Banga captain a few years ago in Cardiff as his side left the field after just doing The Aussies.   so nerrrrr

Might of been a WC warm up game or something??  Cant be arsed searching
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

1927 wrote:

'You can only beat whats in front of you' - Claimed the Banga captain a few years ago in Cardiff as his side left the field after just doing The Aussies.   so nerrrrr

Might of been a WC warm up game or something??  Cant be arsed searching
no, i mean cook got smashed for 111 off 5
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard