tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

Spark wrote:

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly fuck

what a test match
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
ruisleipa
+149|6218|teh FIN-land
oh Graeme Smith you South Africna bastard. Get out already so we can finally win another series...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

ruisleipa wrote:

oh Graeme Smith you South Africna bastard. Get out already so we can finally win another series...
heheheh

if only you had a mitch johnson in your side - then you would only need to get him "out" once in the whole series, as his hand would be broken!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6677|Disaster Free Zone

Spark wrote:

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly fuck

what a test match
Yeh seriously. How do you get bowled out for 127 in the first innings and still win in 4 days.
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
ps apparently the one across in s africa is an absolute cracker as well.

In fact... aside from tests in india, when was the last 'dull' test anyone remembers? and they say it's dying
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
PS. I have to feel sorry for Steyn given that I just read the commentary of the new-ball spell he bowled earlier. You'd feel unlucky not to get 3 or 4 with that kind of spell, let alone none at all.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6148|what

I've only gotten into cricket recently.

But when I first tried I was bored to tears. There were moments the camera would focus on a group of seagulls the matches were so boring.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

I've only gotten into cricket recently.

But when I first tried I was bored to tears. There were moments the camera would focus on a group of seagulls the matches were so boring.
you picked the right time to get into cricket as almost every test match now is interesting if not nail-bitingly tense or provide the most insane drama
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
The only problem is that it's not on normal TV. Nothing at all whatsoever. At least you get the odd football matches in normal TV still. Because of that, it's dying fast here, at least interest of it.

Best example is the Ashes. The amount of fuss made over the 2005 Ashes win compared to the recent one is amazing. Why? Because the 2005 Ashes were on terrestrial TV.
ruisleipa
+149|6218|teh FIN-land
oooooh sheeeeit what a game in S. Africa! England survived a nailbiter to remain 1-0 up in the series! Awesome stuff frankly.
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

The only problem is that it's not on normal TV. Nothing at all whatsoever. At least you get the odd football matches in normal TV still. Because of that, it's dying fast here, at least interest of it.

Best example is the Ashes. The amount of fuss made over the 2005 Ashes win compared to the recent one is amazing. Why? Because the 2005 Ashes were on terrestrial TV.
Wat

Even WE got the Ashes on fta
~ Richard Feynman
ruisleipa
+149|6218|teh FIN-land
well England just got fuckin hammered by the SAs...good on em, although the fuckin referee umpire system o'shit is just fuckin wank as far as I can make out.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6669|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Spark wrote:

PS. I have to feel sorry for Steyn given that I just read the commentary of the new-ball spell he bowled earlier. You'd feel unlucky not to get 3 or 4 with that kind of spell, let alone none at all.
I dont.   He's a grumpy camp stroppy poof.  I fucking hate him.
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

1927 wrote:

Spark wrote:

who bowls at a full length on the top of off stump and gets it to hoop away late viciously and consistently.

he's a damn fine bowler. we'd certainly take him.

and in other news, punter shows everyone who questioned if he could still play the pull up, by scoring 300 in one match. good times. shame clarke didn't get 200 as well, probably lost the plot momentarily...

ps. mind you i still prefer johnson. what other bowler will give you five long hops in an over and go for 16-20 runs - having conceded six an over for the last ten - then bowl an absolute jaffa and get you out? Then take five wickets for as many runs?

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-18 03:05:23)

~ Richard Feynman
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6669|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Spark wrote:

1927 wrote:

Spark wrote:

who bowls at a full length on the top of off stump and gets it to hoop away late viciously and consistently.

and in other news, punter shows everyone who questioned if he could still play the pull up, by scoring 300 in one match. good times. shame clarke didn't get 200 as well, probably lost the plot momentarily...

ps. mind you i still prefer johnson. what other bowler will give you five long hops in an over and go for 16-20 runs - having conceded six an over for the last ten - then bowl an absolute jaffa and get you out? Then take five wickets for as many runs?
He's like Dilbert - Great fun to wind up and watch the aggression flow outta him.  I didnt say he was shit, I give him that much, dont like him though.
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

1927 wrote:

Spark wrote:

1927 wrote:

He's like Dilbert - Great fun to wind up and watch the aggression flow outta him.  I didnt say he was shit, I give him that much, dont like him though.
neither do i XD. but then again, you guys don't exactly like mcgrath, warne, punter et al either, do you?

oh, by the way, out of nowhere... hauritz came up as the equal leading wicket taker over the summer (with johnson, and his average was better) and the leading wicket taker in the pak series by quite a margin. strange how things work, eh? nice to see, he deserves a couple.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

ruisleipa wrote:

well England just got fuckin hammered by the SAs...good on em, although the fuckin referee umpire system o'shit is just fuckin wank as far as I can make out.
it works fine here. not having hotspot and shitty umpires, as well as players who don't know how to use it, doesn't help.
~ Richard Feynman
ruisleipa
+149|6218|teh FIN-land

Spark wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

it works fine here. not having hotspot and shitty umpires, as well as players who don't know how to use it, doesn't help.
aye yu could be right. that harper chap is an idiot.
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

ruisleipa wrote:

Spark wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

aye yu could be right. that harper chap is an idiot.
well, we give everyone the best umpire in the world (taufel) so i guess it balances out the worst. kudos to england though, the latest umpire i've seen from you guys - gould - he's a superb umpire, i don't think he got anything wrong at all. i still remember him going "chris [gayle] , what are you doing?"
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I hope this goes for all countries. Apparently they're gonna have the IPL (20/20 league) streaming live on Youtubes. Not bad. This is probably also the result of Setanta going bust which had the rights (for the UK, at least)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8470526.stm

They should do this for alot of other sports. But probably too much money involved for Google/Youtube to get involved in things like football in this way
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6103|Birmingham, UK
TV Money is such a big factor in football now they moved the Newcastle game i was going to see from a Saturday to a MOnday just so it could be on TV

But thats not about cricket
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

I hope this goes for all countries. Apparently they're gonna have the IPL (20/20 league) streaming live on Youtubes. Not bad. This is probably also the result of Setanta going bust which had the rights (for the UK, at least)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8470526.stm

They should do this for alot of other sports. But probably too much money involved for Google/Youtube to get involved in things like football in this way
hm

i like the ipl, but i don't want it becoming anything bigger than what it currently is. we already lost one of our best to it (hayden, after ipl1 and injury he was never the same)
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS

om nom nom.
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
ban

o wait

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8490123.stm

yup

To do something like that so blatantly, it's like shit, didn't this guy realise there's quite a few cameras rolling on him, honestly where does the stupid come from
baggs
+732|6200

Mekstizzle wrote:

honestly where does the stupid come from
Pakistan apprently

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard