The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
What I ment to say was 'I know we have but they havent picked me again'.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
holy fucking balls, david warner.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

1927 wrote:

Bresnans fucked. (not sure if you were including him).  These wickets might not be so pacey we dont know.
When your backup bowlers are Finn and Tremlett, you should back them.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Tremmers is brilliant but until he takes his shades off to bowl I aint taking the short arse serious.

Jury still out on Finn.  Has my backing though due to his young age, he'll come very good.

Graham Onions will do a job for us.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Finn's developed heaps over the off season. He's seriously quick now, regularly pushing 150.

Don't rate Onions when it's not doing much tbh. Very similar to Anderson circa 07.

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-13 02:26:08)

~ Richard Feynman
Finns been over with you has he?  I didnt know that, I'll take your word for it and look forward to him knocking heads off
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Over at NZ, but I have sources - he's clocking 150kmh regularly. Whether he'll sustain it on what I think are the worst Test pitches in the world... we saw last year in the Ashes that stamina is an issue (as you'd expect from someone his age)

Tremlett is recovering from some kind of eye infection btw, hence the shades.

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-13 02:26:15)

~ Richard Feynman
Oh yeah I did hear something.  Eye Infection - The big poof.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

That awkward moment when NZ poses more of a challenge than India...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
I think it's pretty obvious now that NZ is a better cricket team than India tbh.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
That was an insane session yesterday. Aussies have this in the bag.
England are doing some cricketing somewhere in the whites vs PAK.  Its going really well.  ENG batting first

55-5 the fucking clowns,
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
learn to play half-decent spin. seriously.
~ Richard Feynman
What I tend to do is not let it bounce, just charge the 'pie/grenade' ball and hit fuck out of it.  Usually straight up in the air as Ive swang my tits off too hard.

These boys net with Swann and Monty ffs.  You'd think they could read a ball or two eh?
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
It's not about reading it, nothing turned! It's about the basics. Get to the pitch. Hit through the line, stop trying to sweep everything. Use the depth of the crease. Disrupt the bowlers length. Rotate strike. It's not impossible ffs. I swear there are about six proper players of spin left in the world outside the subcontinent (Clarke, Hussey, Amla, Kallis, possibly Bell, possibly Ponting).

192 on that deck - a 400+ deck if I've ever seen one - is an abysmal effort. Genuinely on par with 98 all out, it's that poor given just how little there was in the pitch for the bowlers.

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-17 05:34:38)

~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
And I thought day 1 was an abysmal effort.
~ Richard Feynman
Oh god.  I havent looked at the card from today.  Perhaps I shouldnt eh?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
So the ICC test ranked 1 and 2 have now both been rolled in 3 days within a week.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
ah, england against spin. gloriously funny.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
having said that though, fair play to pakistan. they've managed to turn a complete basketcase side surrounded by controversy and incompetence into a thoroughly professional and well-balanced cricket team in the space of a year.

misbah ul-haq is a legend.
~ Richard Feynman
When was the last time PAK lost a test?  Have a look

England were poor, very poor, gutted for Monty but well done for going with 2 spinners
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Quite a while, might have been the spot-fixing Test at Lord's. Hammered SL, scoreless draw with SA, beat NZ in NZ

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-30 02:15:31)

~ Richard Feynman
Someone said to me they hadnt lost in 18 months, I was unsure.  They are on the rise thats for sure.  England aint number 1 anymore as far as im concerned, its been down hill since the ashes
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
The bowling attack is fine, tbh. That alone should be enough.
~ Richard Feynman
We just bowled the PAK's out for 99.

We havent batted ourselves yet but will take that for now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard