Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
They came within a hair's whisker of being beaten by the Zimbos last month...

I actually think they have all the ingredients of a decent team, there's definitely enough talent to put enough good totals and the bowling attack is certainly capable of taking twenty, but that's not much good if they can't catch (which is bizarre and I would say probably a one-off) and flay at outswingers two feet wide of off all day.

Windies seem to be on the up too. This Darren Bravo kid looks a treat, and their bowling attack looks really promising.

Actually we've got quite a few decent attacks going around. We have the two killer attacks in Steyn/Morkel/Philander/Tahir (although Tahir hasn't impressed me that much yet) and Anderson/Broad/Bresnan/Swann (+Finn/Tremlett) and some decent upcoming attacks in Cummins/Pattinson/Harris/Lyon (+Copeland/Siddle/Bollinger), Edwards/Rampaul/Bishoo/Sammy (+Roach) and whatever Pakistan will inevitably come up with next

we have the best captain though. clarke's done better than even i could have imagined, some of his bowling changes/plans have been godlike.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
dave warner is a fucking champion.

but the rest, fmd. clarke's off the hook but can we please get a competent top seven?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

Spark wrote:

dave warner is a fucking champion.

but the rest, fmd. clarke's off the hook but can we please get a competent top seven?
I almost though they would come back.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Every time I insult a NZ sportsman or team on bf2s.com they seem to succeed, I should do it more often.

Didn't watch the match but went to a pub just before my graduation and saw Lyon's wicket fall. Warner had a gargantuan performance, it was probably fitting that he was the last man standing. On our side Bracewell, just 21, six wickets for 40 runs. Not bad at all.

Don't really care about Cricket but it's nice to see NZ win in Australia for the first time since 1985 and first time against Australia overall since 1993.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I think Punter should've paid attention to the adage "It's better to burn out than fade away". Warne had the right idea there.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Not impressed by the Aussie impartiality on this one. The commentary was a joke and the reaction from the team and the media pretty much failed to acknowledge that there was another team on the park. Also I think there is a fundamental flaw in having the man of the match award decided by fans from only one country. Not saying that Warner didn't deserve it but Doug Bracewell got 9 for 60 over the Hobart test, I doubt he would have received many votes.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
The problem with getting the public to vote is that they all have such short memories. Of course Warner was going to get it, he made one hell of a stand, but that was on the last day in the afternoon, there were days that were played before hand..

But like I said, short memories.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

They've ditched it anyway and will let experts decide it from now on. I think having it in that format was arrogant. Australia was the overwhelming favourite to win so Vodafone didn't see a problem with only letting Aussie fans vote on the man of the match - I mean Australia would win and clearly an Australian player would prove to be the match-winner so no harm no foul. But fuck you Vodafone, NZ did win and Doug Bracewell was the man who won that match so you can take your red plastic cricket bat and shove it up y'r arse.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
~ Richard Feynman
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Hahahaha class.  The silly sod.  Funny as fuck how the players jump.

Well done Micheal Claaaaaark, great knock.  Go and add another 100 to it, I didnt think he had those kind of runs in him, glad he has though, I liked the way he stepped up to the plate in The Ashes wasnt his fault the rest of the team didnt.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Agreed, brilliant knock from Clarke. Good to see Ponting finally get a ton after a long drought, he certainly needed it. Looking forward to tomorrow's play.
I always knew that after last years Ashes win Strayer would bounce back, could be 3 years, 5 or even 10.  With these new players in the team, the bowler mostly (dont know his name) that cycle of return has sped up.  I wouldnt get carried away and say your back, you may never get back to the level of domination you held for so long, I dont think anyone ever will.  But wow what a great turnaround in just 12 months or infact a little bit less.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Pattinson is doing some great things. He's even a decent batsman, getting n.o. in both innings in the first test, scoring 37 in the second innings. Pretty good for a #10 batsman.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-01-04 01:39:32)

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
clarke's innings today was absurd. i've never seen anyone make batting look so easy - not since ponting/lara in their pomp. there was a period when he was racing to 200/just after where he literally got into "feel like hitting a four now" - and then hit a four the next ball. and sometimes the ball after that for good measure.

probably not as good as the cape town knock though. that was just off this planet.

oh, and pattinson is one of my newest favourite players. love absolutely everything he does. his bowling is top class - tall, beautiful action, moves it both ways and axe-murderer aggessive. on his batting: can definitely bat, as his technique shows, played some really useful knocks at grade level i believe. honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years he was broad-level with the bat, averaging 25+ and someone you really want to get out quick or he could really hurt you.

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-04 03:09:45)

~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Yeah and to think he's only 21!

Also, this article just reiterates how impressive his form is: Pattinson becomes first Oz bowler in 30 years to take 24 wickets in opening four Tests
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Also, he is currently averaging 29.33 with the bat (admittedly only in three tests, but still, not bad at all) - http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/c … 72465.html
Adams_BJ
I like most of our guys at the moment, but can't stand Mitchel Johnson. Dunno why.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
I'm waiting for Marsh to do something other than get out early.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-01-04 03:26:13)

Patterson, that was the fella's name I couldnt think of.  Good on him.

I dont like Mitchell Johnson either the big twit he his

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Adams_BJ wrote:

I like most of our guys at the moment, but can't stand Mitchel Johnson. Dunno why.
He'll never play Tests again.

1927 to post the absolutely magnificent song the Barmy Army came up for him at Sydney.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Jaekus wrote:

Also, this article just reiterates how impressive his form is: Pattinson becomes first Oz bowler in 30 years to take 24 wickets in opening four Tests
He's been talked about for a while, but with gun quicks like him - get them in fast. But he is the most promising new fast bowling prospect I've seen in this country since I started watching cricket, could be an absolute star.

FTR I'm not just saying this because he might stab me in the face if I don't. Angry, angry young man him.

Last edited by Spark (2012-01-04 04:19:57)

~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
ie.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/140700/140706.jpg
~ Richard Feynman
He bowls to the left.  He bowls to the riiiiiiiiiight.  That Mitchell Johnson - his bowling is SHIIIIITE.

Even his teammates try and keep a straight face - cant find that particular video, Kevin Peterson like it too.

Just one of the many examples of this great song.

Have a look at the comment at the top of the page by the American dude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LE34Ijo … re=related

Spark wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

He's been talked about for a while, but with gun quicks like him - get them in fast. But he is the most promising new fast bowling prospect I've seen in this country since I started watching cricket, could be an absolute star.

FTR I'm not just saying this because he might stab me in the face if I don't. Angry, angry young man him.
I dont mind a bit of angry but Dale Stein can just fuck off, id smash the fuck out of him if he got angry at me.  Morty Morkel or whatever silly name he has could do with a bit of agression, seems like a 8ft soft lad to me, might as well put some specs on and be a spinner like Vitorri.

Im an opener, not a quicky but able to channel my aggression in the right manner.  Had my best season ever last year and that was partly down to the addedd pressure of being captain.

Nets start up for me in 4 weeks, cant fucking wait.  Still havent replaced my 20 year old bat, have put stickers on it though saying it was made from Noah's Ark.  Last game of the season, I opened the batting and bowling (well it is my fucking ball afterall).  Dot, Dot Dot (ahhh fuck this) 6 6 6.  Fat wicket keeper from up the valleys chipping off 'He only got one shot lads, just a slogger'.  I turn my bat round so it faces him, sledging stops and he's pissing himself at my bat.  Job Done.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Meh. I like my fast bowlers to have the mentality of a psychopath, Steyn is one of my favourite non-Aus players.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard