Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
They give almost the same performance of air cooling at roughly the same price, look pretty pimp, are easy to install, and have an e-penor value. I mean, aside from very rare leaks due to being factory sealed, what's not to like?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Finray wrote:

They give almost the same performance of air cooling at roughly the same price, look pretty pimp, are easy to install, and have an e-penor value. I mean, aside from very rare leaks due to being factory sealed, what's not to like?
Read some reviews, if your case has negative air pressure, they will perform poorly, not to talk about latest price drop on Megahalems puts it under 50€ vs. >80€ for the H50, can even grab decent fans for megahalems for lower price, H50 NEEDS push-pull to get near the better air coolers, making it even costlier.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-04-10 13:29:05)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Finray wrote:

Read some reviews, if your case has negative air pressure, they will perform poorly, not to talk about latest price drop on Megahalems puts it under 50€ vs. >80€ for the H50, can even grab decent fans for megahalems for lower price, H50 NEEDS push-pull to get near the better air coolers, making it even costlier.
To me... Push Pull is the norm.. not the exception..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

In Soviet north EU, yes.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Outside the US, yes.
Fix'd

I can get one for 500dkk here (£58)

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-10 13:36:27)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

It is actually made by someone else, can't remember the manufacturer. Corsair just put up huge PR campaign for it and slapped their own stickers on it.

But its not that good (Megahalems performs better, and its not very low noise either), comes with the issues of watercooling without much of benefits (it can leak although it is factory sealed, so might aswell get proper stuff or stick with air).

It works great on smaller builds, it is just at home in mATX setup, where it is impossible to use highend aircoolers.

E: It is Acetek.
Yeah I was going to say, I've never seen one review where they've said this all in one watercooling setups are worth it over air.
It would be worth it in situations where  you need a low profile cooler. Mini itx cases for example.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
I am not impressed with the new 400 series video cards performance. The 480 are on par with the ATI 5870, which bothers me because the 400's have a new processor design and hope they would blow every current video card on the market, including the 5870 and maybe come close to the 5970. I am interested to see Nvidia's answer to the Radeon 5970, hopefully it will not be too long of a wait.
Benzin
+576|5998
I think as Panzer said, wait for newer driver updates. I think this also might be a "rebuilding" generation for Nvidia, too.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
As is, nVidia can't stack up. They'll dominate the market with the next big wave of releases, because of the newer tech. ATi will pretty much have to build new tech like nVidia did this time round to even get their foot in the door, and they'll be where nVidia are just now. Released later, with poorer results. Currently, however, ATi have the advantage, primarily because of their 6-month quicker launch time.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

ATi has to do eventually what NVIDIA did, purely DX11 new architechture sooner or later. NVIDIA did the hard part now, the architechture has great potential for 28nm.
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

ATi has to do eventually what NVIDIA did, purely DX11 new architechture sooner or later. NVIDIA did the hard part now, the architechture has great potential for 28nm.
Then ATi can look at what they did and improve it
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Then ATi can look at what they did and improve it
They have been doing the next generation cards for years already. If they start looking at what their competition put just out....
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

If they start looking at what their competition put just out....
wat?

You mean "just put out"... I'm too tired to be sure

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard