toyota-steve-o
+0|6624|Canada
i also shot down two choppers with the M95. one was a transport and i got 4 kills.
hilltop2bit
+9|6577|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!
I share $toneyhighs experiences with Heli's i always get stuck into them with .50 cal vehicle mounted guns when they are smoking.........recently i got a 4x person kill when i popped over a hill on the Wake island map and jumped on the 50 cal gun...........bodies falling out of the exploding heli everywhere......
ghoward79
+0|6480|San Diego, CA
well done thanks for the effort and post.
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6479
If I had the means to +1 this, I would, because it was well written, amusing, and informative, and genuinely so, which is extremely unusual on internet forums.
petropete
+13|6408|Texas
Excellent AA guide. Well done
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
Let me just add this... The USS ESSEX AA gun fires the same missiles as aircraft do -- this means that they can be dodged!!! The IGLA/stinger/linebacker/tunguska/pgz-95 missile CAN NOT BE DODGED. Flares must be used against all AA except the ESSEX. I don't know how many pilot's I've flown with try and dodge the missiles from a ground based AA just to get us killed. Also, when flying helicopters - the only way you are going to get away from an aa missile is if you go behind a building or a hill. DOING REPEATED BARREL ROLLS DOESN'T HELP FFS!!!
Fen the Archer
+0|6334
Good AA tips......I finally picked up my Vet AA at Kubra and it's true if you have Slicks and fixed wing chasing your butt down, there not doing their job of helping their teammates.  Watch how many flares are deployed when you hammer a slick with cannons! Even though I get hammered a lot in AA every once in a while the skies are quiet (look for armor coming your way) or when the fixed wing pilot comes in with bombs and you get him before he pulls up. Too bad more maps don't have Mobile AA to offset the flying EA tanks, ever heard of F.O.D.? these seem to be almost impervious to it, well except the JL-8 gives a spectacular one shot kill at Dragon Valley but I can't get the SRAW/Eryx to take one consistently with 2, lots of smoke but I never see it go down. If I am in a game thats heavy with Blackhawk whores I try hard to make them pedestrians but not very successful yet.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Choppers are piss-easy to deal with once you get the knack. AT rockets are good for low-and-slow fliers, and the PKM is good to annoy them into said flight pattern looking for you so someone can pick them off.

On the right map with the right spot, you could feasibly get quite a few attack choppers hunting you out instead of helping.

I've also found that spotting anything flying more than a few times will usually summon a jetwhore to knock it out the sky so you'll shut up and let him keep listening to the Top Gun soundtrack while he flies around in little circles.

EDIT:
Of course, if the chopper pilot and gunner are working together and skilled, an attempt to shoot it down from the ground will result in simply being shot. I guess it only works on solo-ing pilots.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2007-01-15 20:43:02)

hans76petter
+1|5954
most excellent reading for a AA nooooooob like me. ; )
trying to get the AA veteran, but the fighter pilots of BF2 seem to have another plan for me.
I`v been having much "quality time" spawning. lol
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6350|Iowa...
i believe these are yours.

https://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5012/usdefibrillator5ou.jpg
<b|k> lukie
+7|6723|Germany
I recently played some BF2 after a long break. Daquing Oilfields. It was horrible. Due to a good(?) enemy pilot it was impossible to do anything on the ground. Spawn, live for 30 sec, die. So i tried a new mobile AA technique: Driving to a place which is far away from common ground paths and staying outside the AA, due to the "get-a-free-frag-box" in the HUD of the planes, and waiting for an enemy plane to fly by. First of all i was mostly killed by a plane while driving to such ground-safe-points. Sadly the Pilot was diving in and out of a bombing area, so there was no time to get a lock before he was out of range and his flares disappeared.

Do you have any additional tips regarding lock-on in spite of flares? TIA
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
That's because daging oilfields sucks as a map for anything but flying and bombing stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard