Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

Hey,

After getting back into BF2, EA released 1.5...... woooooo.. good timing it seemed.

Or not.

My mouse spazzes constantly. I mean... I move left, it moves half left, I aim up, it slowly slides up. I rotate left, half a second later, I spin up and to the left. Its completely random, doesnt happen all the time, but occurs constantly.

I've just got a new laptop, installed BF2, patched, same mouse-> same issue. The mouse is a Logitech MX Revolution. Drivers installed. It is not graphical lag. Keyboard input does't cause anything similar. Its only in BF2. Different mouse still causes the same issue.

I'm stumped.. help pl0x?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6103|Scotland!
try removing your mousepad
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

Tried with and without. The fact that it worked fine with 1.41, then broke with 1.5 makes me think it isn't h/w
Shimakaze
Through the valley of the shadow of death...
+6|5319|Vancouver, Canada
Sounds a lot like symptoms of network lag or packet loss, but that doesn't explain why your keyboard movements are fine...
leetnagger
+1|6199
I'm having similar problems, constant mouse inconsistency. If I move mouse slowly, I can see it jumping a bit every 20 degrees or so, also mouse speed is not constant. If I move mouse faster, I get less rotations on edge to edge on my pad. This is driving me nuts, infantry fight is just pain. Before 1.5 it was fine and I've tried everything already, it's not my setup nor network and it happens offline too. No one else notice anything?
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6298|Australia
Is there a hair over the laser?
This is a problem I get with my copperhead every so often. A hair gets caught around the edge of the hole with the laser in it. The hair deflects the laser, making your mouse movements all spastic.
This is my best guess, though it's pretty strange that you're get the problem with two mice at the same time.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I used to have the exact same problem when I was using Vista, it was graphics card drivers- try re-installing them it worked for me, I used to get a thing where the mouse stutters every few seconds and new drivers sorted it completely
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Is there a hair over the laser?
This is a problem I get with my copperhead every so often. A hair gets caught around the edge of the hole with the laser in it. The hair deflects the laser, making your mouse movements all spastic.
^^^
This.

Even very small dust fibers, that I hadn't seen at first glance, have caused my laser mouse to go spastic.
Try blowing into that hole. Thoroughly swallow your spit first though.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
It definately won't be a hair or anything on the mouse, he's tried 2 mice- what's the chances of it happening to 1 mouse let alone 2 lol
leetnagger
+1|6199
1.41 run alongside does not suffer from this. Nor does any other game. It is bf2 specific problem, I'm gonna try some new(er) drivers, even though my software is up to date always.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

leetnagger wrote:

1.41 run alongside does not suffer from this. Nor does any other game. It is bf2 specific problem, I'm gonna try some new(er) drivers, even though my software is up to date always.
Yeah, seems to be the same problem. Nice idea trying BF2 offline to count network lag out. I believe I've also got a 1.41 version of BF2 lying around on the HD, so i'll do both these tests when I get home.  Something just tells me that it's 1.5, not something i've got thats broken though.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

It definately won't be a hair or anything on the mouse, he's tried 2 mice- what's the chances of it happening to 1 mouse let alone 2 lol
If he is hairy like Cousin Itt...
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
I had pretty much this same issue since 1.5 came out.  I tried to describe it to friends as being like an immediate, spastic overcorrection due to some sort of lag, but when both the server and I are not apparently lagging.

I cleaned my mouse, tried both sides of my mousepad, tried no mouse pad, deleted usersettings.con to make sure I had default settings going, cleared my bf2 cache, etc...and I would still have this issue.  I also checked my 20mb internet connection, and I don't really have any packetloss to speak of.  So I simply reinstalled BF2 a few days ago, and I haven't seemed to have the issue since.  I know that's what a lot of people will generically say when you have weird issues like this, but it seems to have worked for me.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2009-10-02 05:57:29)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
illuminati34
+5|6622|michigan usa
had similar issues with my G5.  i had to update the firmware and than run my logitech profiler as admin as well as make compatible for xp sp2 and since than i have had no issues.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard